You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 171>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:26pm
Was back on the bench for one game, then out of the squad again for the most recent game.

Odd.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Was back on the bench for one game, then out of the squad again for the most recent game.

Odd.

Adrian was on the bench with him the last day hence Kelleher only taking up a spot? I suspect a similar scenario to Idah in that he’s only back in training a week and wouldn’t be quite right to play yet. 

People were asking on here over Idah too why wasn’t he on the bench when back training a few weeks when really it takes players out long term to the extent Idah and Kelleher were a good 4 weeks of training to come up to getting gamtime. 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:50pm
Liverpool linked with a 20 year old Sevilla goalkeeper who's also linked with Barca, Real and Atletico.

Kelleher likely to go out on loan next season according to the same report.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Liverpool linked with a 20 year old Sevilla goalkeeper who's also linked with Barca, Real and Atletico.

Kelleher likely to go out on loan next season according to the same report.

Playing with the 23s his first year? That is odd. If Liverpool are playing in the Europa I’d prefer him staying a back up as he will get those games for a start 6 extra games straight away. Not inconceivable with Alissons injury tendancies he playing 15 games as back up in that scenario. 

With them in the CL then who knows. If it’s a loan I’d like it to be PL loan or one on the continent as opposed to the Championship.
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:28pm
Reports in UK press this morning that Kelleher will go on loan next season, it'll be interesting to see who takes him. I suspect he will not be short of options...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

Reports in UK press this morning that Kelleher will go on loan next season, it'll be interesting to see who takes him. I suspect he will not be short of options...

I see that yesterday the general reaction on Twitter from Liverpool fans was one of genuine annoyance at that they seem to have a lot of time for him. I see why he was very impressive filling in for Alisson. Personally if he stayed as 2nd choice I’d be happy Will get 10 games at least surely in a squad of that calibre. With keepers there isn’t as much of a rush 22/23 is still very young.

I’d hope the loan would be a good one I know he was actually due to go to Holland on loan last year only for Alissons injuries.  

I’m looking forward to seeing him play tonight. He’s fun to watch passing range he displays is very entertaining at times. 

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jun 2021 at 1:36pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:58am
Surely even on his display in the second half last night,  Caoimh is in line for a very decent loan move if he is going out on loan. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:02am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Surely even on his display in the second half last night,  Caoimh is in line for a very decent loan move if he is going out on loan. 
You'd love him to be able to do what Dean Henderson did and spend a year at another PL club. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

You'd love him to be able to do what Dean Henderson did and spend a year at another PL club. 
No reason why he can't in my opinion or a trip to the bundesliga.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:17am

Would be great if he could get the chance too surely! Can’t help but feel that the result in Serbia could have been different such was his composure when he came on yesterday. Hopefully gets plenty games at a good standard this season now.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:28am
If being loaned out and it’s only rumours yet it woulun’t be the first time transfer rumours out of Liverpool would be nonsense Swansea is the team I have marked out. Freddie Woodman has done two seasons there on loan from Newcastle and may well have served his apprenticeship especially with Dubravka reputed to be moving on. 

Kelleher is a fastastic prospect so exciting. He was linked with Ipswich the other day and that would surely be the biggest under selling of a players abilities in history.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Would be great if he could get the chance too surely! Can’t help but feel that the result in Serbia could have been different such was his composure when he came on yesterday. Hopefully gets plenty games at a good standard this season now.

Either himself or Bazunu. Think Travers just got a bit of stage fright.

For me Kelleher is the more complete keeper of the 3 comfortably Bazunu is the guts of 3 and a half years younger then him it’s no dig at Bazunu and while he has credit in the bank from playing the last 4 games Kelleher is the one I’d be playing all things equal. 

Like you say his composure but he’s fun to watch you look at Neuer De Gea for his shop stopping ability the elite keepers are entertaining to watch. I’d actually sit down and watch a game just to watch Kelleher in action alone if he was playing his distribution is a pisstake he made two top saves last night look effortless.  
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:34am
The only rumoured team I've seen him linked with is Ipswich, which would be very underwhelming. He's much better than that
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The only rumoured team I've seen him linked with is Ipswich, which would be very underwhelming. He's much better than that

It would be the biggest undersell of all time wouldnt it. Swansea would be a lovely spot for him thinking they will be out for a keeper. 

Ipswich would be a nice spot for Bazunu now a gorgeous spot actually. 
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:35pm
Adrian just signed a contract extension at Liverpool. Clears the way for Kelleher to move on loan next season. Hopefully, he ends up a Championship club were he can get good game time and not in a relegation struggle.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Adrian just signed a contract extension at Liverpool. Clears the way for Kelleher to move on loan next season. Hopefully, he ends up a Championship club were he can get good game time and not in a relegation struggle.

According to the Athletic Klopp says that kelleher is his number two. No loan for you sonny Jim.

Given how few club games there will be before autumn internationals, and given that you'd have to assume Buzunu will be going on loan summer, will be the one with substantial game time, therefore starting for us.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:03pm
The latest talk is that they're keeping all three at the club. Adrian being kept as a third pick because both Alisson and Kelleher are a bit injury prone.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:10pm
There's good competition for the new irish number 1 with 3 keepers in the race for the shirt.

Bazunu
Kelleher 
Travers.

At the moment I'd have Bazunu in the lead for number 1 and if he gets a new loan deal and kelleher spends most of his time on the bench I think it'll stay that way.

If kelleher finds himself playing for Liverpool I think he'll get number1 without a doubt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 171>
  Share Topic