You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glum scale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:46am
I am at a 9. I feel really sh*te for letting football get to me so much, this is then making me feel worse so pushing towards a 10.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:47am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Back in work in the occupied 6 so I'm at an 11 on the glum scale
Would have been at least 20 if they'd qualified!
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:48am
Not a bother on me.
Wasn't expecting us to win due to the fact we didn't score in Kobenhavn.

Concentrating now on my u14s winning the league this Saturday, there's always another game.

LOI football is back in February folks so you don't need to wait 12 months for 'competitive football'

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I couldn't have faced work if they had. Just couldn't have faced it.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:49am
Will be doing my usual trek to Liverpool on Saturday for the Southampton game - Currently have very little interest in it. My glum scale will go through the roof when Shane Long inevitably breaks his duck.

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Worse today than yesterday. I reckon at least 22,000 km travelled watching the team during this campaign. I think that's around half way around the circumference of the earth. Just to see us getting mullered by Denmark. Hope they go and win the f****r next summer, sound people but also will put Tuesday into perspective. Not likely to happen is it? 

Thank God I'm old enough to remember 90, 94 and 02 as I can't see us ever qualifying for the Big Show again any time soon. 

Touts Out!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:56am

Was at 10 the previous two days. Looking ahead to the NL and Euro 2020 qualifying has taken the edge off it slightly.  
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:57am

The only positive from the night was we didn't do the Icelandic clap

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Thank God I'm old enough to remember 90, 94 and 02 as I can't see us ever qualifying for the Big Show again any time soon. 
Shure it'll be 48 teams soon, we'll be grand again then.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
More an 8 or a 9 on a rage scale rather than a glum scale
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:02pm

Was 10 yesterday. I've had plenty of personal setbacks this year to know football shouldn't have as much hold over me but I was on edge all day Tuesday dreaming of qualifying and the sheer emotion there would have been in the stadium.

As mentioned earlier, the next World Cup will be a shambles and the next one after that will have 40 teams. You'll be breaking the bank just to see your team qualify for the last 24/32 or whatever it will be. Russia was our last chance to qualify for a decent World Cup. Cry

And we were an hour of football away from doing it until we f**ked it up Angry
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm
The reality didn't really kick in till last night. I was just numb, and half cut, leaving the stadium. 
I'm pissed off with MON, and Roy, for being pretty clueless throughout the campaign.
I'm pissed off with Hendrick and Brady because they've offered nothing to the team. 
We've no top players coming through and our next match isn't till March 2019. 
Can't wait till LOI starts again, I can seek refuge in the bar in Dalymount. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:08pm
I would go one further and say it took us 3 minutes to f**k it up. Them first two goals for Denmark was the end of our campaign and we knew it. 3 poxy minutes after all the effort by fans and players over the last 14 months . Football can be a right ****.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:11pm
Currently I'm at about a 5. Keep seeing articles about who has qualified and it just reminds me of how much we ballsed this up. Yesterday I was off the scales, could hardly think I was so stunned by what happened on Tuesday night.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I would go one further and say it took us 3 minutes to f**k it up. Them first two goals for Denmark was the end of our campaign and we knew it. 3 poxy minutes after all the effort by fans and players over the last 14 months . Football can be a right ****.

Come on, we f**ked up in all our home games this campaign. We were just found out on Tuesday, it was always going to happen. Any half decent team would have put to the sword 10 man Serbia and 10 man Wales but the management and the players hadn't the bottle or composure or skills. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:23pm
10. No competitive internationals until basically 2019. No live football until LOI starts up again. Grim, grim times. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Come on, we f**ked up in all our home games this campaign. We were just found out on Tuesday, it was always going to happen. Any half decent team would have put to the sword 10 man Serbia and 10 man Wales but the management and the players hadn't the bottle or composure or skills. 

That’s bull. By 10pm Saturday night we knew a home win would put us in Russia. It doesnt get better than that for us and the group stages were water under the bridge by then. Even going back to the groups for arguments sake we didn’t once look like we would finish ahead of Serbia.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Stop they're hard enough to listen to as is! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic