FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Club's Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 9:42am
St. Pats. Awful.
One game away from being relegated for the first time in our history. A few summer signings (Jordi Balk, Killian Brennan in particular) and Conan Byrne saved us. 
Off the field we continue to be a shambles, with no energy, passion or direction in the club. Thank God we survived, because it could have been curtains financially if we had gone down.
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:25pm
9/10. Tipped to go down, came 5th. Keith Long strong shout for manager of the season. Already re-signed a lot of big players to new deals. Some great games, some great results, some great goals. Most of the signings came in and did a huge job, the ones that weren't up to it were quickly and quietly moved on. A couple of regrets - we always seem to inexplicably roll over for Derry which could have been the difference in achieving an improbable European spot, and we had no cup run - given how the team dug out big results against the big boys in the second half of the year, that loss to Harps is fairly galling. But on the whole, fantastic season and the future looks bright. Looking forward to next season.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:22pm
How would you rate your club's season? Good? Bad? Brilliant? Awful?

Obviously, I'm going to say City's season was fantastic; if I was to give it a rating, I'd give it a 9/10. Winning the league and cup, I couldn't have asked for more, and then there were the admittedly minor but still nice to win President's Cup and Munster Senior Cup. Losing to Shamrock Rovers so late in the League Cup was very galling; it would have been brilliant to win the treble. Europe was slightly disappointing as well, unfortunately Larnaca were cuter on both nights and did well to stifle our play. Performances obviously could have been better since August, but losing Maguire and O'Connor at the same time, while having lost Dunleavy a few weeks prior was always going to blow, as was a potential deal for Eoghan Stokes falling through. The season as a whole, however, was excellent, Sunday was a fitting end, and I'm now very much looking forward to next season.

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic