You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:36pm
So, three of the four play-offs seconds legs have been played, all of them have ended 0-0.  What odds on the last one ending the same way?

Already mentally preparing myself for it going to penalties tomorrow night.

Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

So, three of the four play-offs seconds legs have been played, all of them have ended 0-0.  What odds on the last one ending the same way?

Already mentally preparing myself for it going to penalties tomorrow night.

Against the backdrop of the other leg being an outright win, which is the absolute norm in play offs.

People seem convinced that two draws and an away goal deciding it, or a play off going to extra time or penalties, is quite a regular occurrence but it is unbelievably rare in fact. I think Ireland vs Turkey in 1999 may have been the only Euro or WC play off tie to finish with two draws and there has never been a penalty shoot out in a play off in Europe.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Buffon announces international retirement.

He announced his retirement from football at the end of the season weeks ago

Man Utd’s season may have ended in November, I’ll give you that.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:24am
Good few be gone now from them, Barzagli for one, De Rossi just announced it too, can't see Chellini and Bonucci sticking around either.

Get Gasperini in and let him bring through the young generation, Bernardeshi, Florenzi(captain), Rugani etc can be the future nucleus
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:24am
Looks like Ventura hasn't resigned just yet, until he speaks to Tavecchio. Stubborn c*nt is probably praying they fire him so he can get compensation.

Barzagli, Chiellini and De Rossi anounce their international retirement too, at least it will force the new manager to look at younger options like Rugani, Caldara, Romagnoli, Gagliardini etc.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:48am
One small positive for Italians tonight is that Jorginho can't switch back to Brazil, he's such a good footballer always enjoy watching him play.

It's probably only a matter of time before Belotti moves to a top team so you would like to think if he fulfills his full potential Italy will have a truly World Class striker leading the line for the next decade or so.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Ventura resigns

Don't think there was any doubt that would happen. Can probably count himself lucky that he hasn't been lynched...

...yet..   

Edited by ConorMac77 - 14 Nov 2017 at 2:23am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:29am
I hear Ventura had a mad row with the players after the 1st leg over some suggestion he play certain formations and players - common sense as he made some of the most baffling decisions ever. By sounds of it Buffon and few others sorted out the row but made him more determined to try last nights crazy formation/line up.

He had to be snook out the back door of the team hotel early this morning LOL

Now the Hondurans are claiming "espionage" from the Aussies last week too, loving all the dramas LOL 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:38pm
That Honduras v Socceroos game was one of the worst I have ever seen in my life.  I don't think I'll be getting up at FOOK off o clock for the decider.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:56pm
Their decider is 9am tomorrow morning I believe, the Peru v NZ game is the one at stupid o clock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic