You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insidertips Copenhagen (from a Dane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:53am

I just said I avoid the lads on thr street shouting and bawling etc. Not my scene a personal choice. So the idea that everyone should be on the street as you said is nonsense. People can do whatever they like. No skin of my nose if you all head to the streets. I was not the one calling for everyone to copy what I was doing.

You have now insulted me a few times and I am the one who think they are better than others. :) water off a ducks back

I am not great craic as many on here can confirm. I never pretended to be. But with inflation my time is worth at least 27.33 an hour so I hope to spend it wisely and not be on the street, cold drinking cans and shouting and bawling. Give me some jazz and caviar and a chat about the benefits the Danish PRSI system and I will be happy.

Again I would point you in the direction of BSM for some guidance.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:13am
Insulted you? I don't see an insult, I said you're a painful poster. I would say that's more of a fact but anyways. 

Can you point out where I said "please copy me"

Listen to yourself? You keep saying the same thing. Shouting and Bawling, shoes off and this craic. Can people not be in the street enjoying it? Again you say you hope to spend your time wisely. To suggest the street is not wise. You're some man. A high stool for a man on a high horse. 

Edited by kearney304 - 08 Nov 2017 at 11:18am
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:36am

Hi Mads,
Need to be at the Central Train Station at 23.30. Assuming the match finishes at around 22.45, would I have enough time to get to Osterport station and get the S-bahn back or would I be better just getting a taxi? Thanks

Edited by Fatnacho - 08 Nov 2017 at 11:42am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:42am
Facts are things like 2+2=4 or Paris is the capital of France etc.

Value judgments on someone's posting style is a personal opinion and subjective and is certainly not a fact. It's a valid opinion which you are entitled to hold but it's not a fact.

The same way I am entitled to be of the viewpoint that I don't want to be on the street singing and drinking cans etc. I am not looking to ban it, I am just saying its not for me. Whereas you said everyone should be on the street to improve the atmosphere. The key word there is everyone. You either mean that or you don't and if you don't mean it, use a different word that you do mean.

In relation to craic its a a personal thing and everyone is entitled to enjoy themselves in whatever way they see fit as long as its not breaking laws etc.

Fire ahead and enjoy yourself on the street. I won't judge you or hold it against you. And I will sip my martini and eat my olives and other nibbles.

As my signature says. Each to their own.

Edited by Baldrick - 08 Nov 2017 at 11:43am
AKA pedantic kunt
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Hi Mads,
Need to be at the Central Train Station at 23.30. Assuming the match finishes at around 22.45, would I have enough time to get to Osterport station and get the S-bahn back or would I be better just getting a taxi? Thanks

You on the bus back to Hamburg?
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Hi Mads,

You on the bus back to Hamburg?

Yep. Bit of a pain, thought there might have been a Night train. Any other ways of getting back to Hamburg before 8am on Sunday?

Edited by Fatnacho - 08 Nov 2017 at 12:02pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Facts are things like 2+2=4 or Paris is the capital of France etc.

Value judgments on someone's posting style is a personal opinion and subjective and is certainly not a fact. It's a valid opinion which you are entitled to hold but it's not a fact.

The same way I am entitled to be of the viewpoint that I don't want to be on the street singing and drinking cans etc. I am not looking to ban it, I am just saying its not for me. Whereas you said everyone should be on the street to improve the atmosphere. The key word there is everyone. You either mean that or you don't and if you don't mean it, use a different word that you do mean.

In relation to craic its a a personal thing and everyone is entitled to enjoy themselves in whatever way they see fit as long as its not breaking laws etc.

Fire ahead and enjoy yourself on the street. I won't judge you or hold it against you. And I will sip my martini and eat my olives and other nibbles.

As my signature says. Each to their own.

Well that post is fairly straight forward. You don't stereotype or peer in from your rose tinted glasses. 

So maybe we should both be clearer. Enjoy the weekend. 
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Sorry if all this has scared you off, Mads.  Back to questions about Copenhagen.

Most of us will be arriving on Friday, and that means fish on Friday.  Where in Copenhagen to go for good fish and chips?

Also food related, where best to go in Copenhagen for a bite to eat after midnight?

What LOL

Think "The Dubliner" serves Fish and chips and maybe by Torvehallerne (outdoor market by Nørreport Station)

After midnight you say, hmm - around Nørreport Station or City Hall. But's it's just Burger King and those kind of places. 
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:42pm

Hi Mads,

I would take bus 14 just by the stadium - goes to central station. S-bahn must be somewhere in Germany LOL I would think that bus is quicker than having to walk to the S-train first.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:56pm
Mads, sorry if this has been asked before but what's the best way to get to the stadium from the city centre for us Irish ?

Edited by wanderer - 08 Nov 2017 at 2:40pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Mass, sorry if this has been asked before but what's the best way to get to the stadium from the city centre for us Irish ?

Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Originally posted by finbarrk finbarrk wrote:

Thanks for your help Mads V. Is Norreport the most convenient Metro station for the Stadium? 

Yep, closest one

Noting that it is still a c. 30 min walk from the stadium.
Jordi123 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Mass, sorry if this has been asked before but what's the best way to get to the stadium from the city centre for us Irish ?

Thanks for your help Mads V. Is Norreport the most convenient Metro station for the Stadium? 

Yep, closest one

Walk it, its nearly identical (distance wise) as a walk from Lansdowne Road to the bottom of OConnell St.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Jordi123 Jordi123 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yep, closest one

Walk it, its nearly <span -dobid="hdw">identical (distance wise) as a walk from </span><span>Lansdowne Road</span><span -dobid="hdw"></span><span -dobid="hdw"> to the bottom of OConnell St.
</span>

Cheers. Didn't realise it was basically the same. 40 mins according to Google maps but can usually walk that in a half hour
lasselsh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lasselsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 3:53pm
Hi guys
Im not a Copenhagener but I'll go to Copenhagen early on Saturday to have a few pints before the game. I definitely prefer to walk to the stadium from the city center as you'll meet up with all the other fans on the way. Its a 30-60 min walk depending on walking speed and beer intake.

I'm looking so much forward to Saturday and I'm sure there will be an excellent atmosphere in the city and stadium. I hope the Denmark fans will be able to outsing you Irish guys Wink Tongue

If you only have 1 or 2  days in the city I would defo recommend a Christiania visit and a canal/harbour tour (Netto bådene). The latter takes 1 hour I think and show you the most important sights in the city. 

See you in Copenhagen!! ;)
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 1:16pm
Looooool,
I made it to your newspapers!! LOL See bottom of the article

Valuable info on bars etc. in this article too

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/wily-irish-fans-find-way-around-danish-ticket-warning-as-green-army-descends-on-copenhagen-36303970.html 

PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 1:22pm

Looooool,
I made it to your newspapers!! LOL See bottom of the article

Valuable info on bars etc. in this article too

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/wily-irish-fans-find-way-around-danish-ticket-warning-as-green-army-descends-on-copenhagen-36303970.html 

Yeah your famous over here man! 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 1:27pm
MadsV

Need a good non smoking bar
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

MadsV

Need a good non smoking bar

AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic