You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insidertips Copenhagen (from a Dane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Some craic over there despite some mini disasters. Ryanair took money for a price-lock I had booked for Basle before the draw so that was extra money wasted. 

Saturday night managed to fall asleep under a tree around 5 in the morning and got picked up by some Cork lad. Phone was dead at this stage and couldn't find my apartment so asked a taxi man to bring me to any random hotel and checked in to a place for the night for €107. 

Was out then Sunday in Sam's Kareoke bar, drinking away with a Cork lad when, after half an hour speaking to each other, realised he was the one who woke me up the previous night. Spent about 10 minutes laughing at that then myself, him and Saint Tom were brought (by a Bob Marley lookalike) to a late bar called Hong Kong which we renamed 'The Danish Sunnybank' until 8 in the morning. 

Between extra flights, extra accommodation and a ridiculous amount of drinking must have spent between €1,000 and €1,500 all in. However, not qualifying last night saved around 5 grand so technically I'm up 3 and a half grand. Joke's on them.

Would agree with the comments above about the Danish locals. Generally the term 'A great bunch of lads' gets thrown about loosely but they deserve that title. And I mean that 100%.
LOL
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:13am

Some craic over there despite some mini disasters. Ryanair took money for a price-lock I had booked for Basle before the draw so that was extra money wasted. 

Saturday night managed to fall asleep under a tree around 5 in the morning and got picked up by some Cork lad. Phone was dead at this stage and couldn't find my apartment so asked a taxi man to bring me to any random hotel and checked in to a place for the night for €107. 

Was out then Sunday in Sam's Kareoke bar, drinking away with a Cork lad when, after half an hour speaking to each other, realised he was the one who woke me up the previous night. Spent about 10 minutes laughing at that then myself, him and Saint Tom were brought (by a Bob Marley lookalike) to a late bar called Hong Kong which we renamed 'The Danish Sunnybank' until 8 in the morning. 

Between extra flights, extra accommodation and a ridiculous amount of drinking must have spent between €1,000 and €1,500 all in. However, not qualifying last night saved around 5 grand so technically I'm up 3 and a half grand. Joke's on them.

Would agree with the comments above about the Danish locals. Generally the term 'A great bunch of lads' gets thrown about loosely but they deserve that title. And I mean that 100%.
Which makes the Danish FA's ridiculously tough stance on away fans getting into home sections all the more puzzling. I know they had problems with Polish fans the previous time, but we're certainly no hell-raisers (even though a fair few more are5eholes than normal travelled over to this who wouldn't have been seen dead in Tbilisi or Chisinau), neither are the Danes.  Why did someone not point this out to the authorities?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:31am
There was loads of trouble? Danes beating the crap out of each other, beer thrown everywhere and all the stuff on the pitch.

95% of Danes were sound but a good contingent weren't - chanting you're f**king sh*t going down the street (not in a sound way, aggro enough), no need to rub it in when we were 5-1 down either singing 'you only sing when you're winning'. Lot were very arrogant.

Again, vast majority were spot on but don't get this love in, we've been to places with sounder fans.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:39am
Insert Helen Lovejoy image here.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

95% of Danes were sound but a good contingent weren't

You could level this exact 'accusation' at nearly every country's support to be fair. You'll always get a few d*ckheads.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:15pm

For the brief time that you were in the hotel room, you owe 210e for the damaged table!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

For the brief time that you were in the hotel room, you owe 210e for the damaged table!

LOLClap
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:51pm
I do in my hole. That was my most sober couple of hours of the whole trip. Whatever you did to that table when I was gone is your own business!
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

There was loads of trouble? Danes beating the crap out of each other, beer thrown everywhere and all the stuff on the pitch.

95% of Danes were sound but a good contingent weren't - chanting you're f**king sh*t going down the street (not in a sound way, aggro enough), no need to rub it in when we were 5-1 down either singing 'you only sing when you're winning'. Lot were very arrogant.

Again, vast majority were spot on but don't get this love in, we've been to places with sounder fans.

Fully agree. Majority were sound but the minority seemed (to me at least) to be more arrogant than the usual minority of idiots in any support.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic