You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insidertips Copenhagen (from a Dane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:26pm
Mads
You did a great job keeping quiet about the Eiffel bar.

What a great spot. Super locals. Beer good and cheap. Great spot Saturday afternoon before heading out to the match

Tak
Sponsored Links

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:41pm
Belated thanks for the advice, Mads.  Torvehallerne was a great spot for a fish supper lunch, and had great craic Friday night watching Sweden vs. Italy with Italian expats in Pub & Sport.

Copenhagen will look lovely when all that metro construction work is finally completed.

MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

THANKS for all the advice Mads. You have a beautiful city beautiful women and lads not so bad either.
Until the next time ! 
I just hope we can be as welcoming tomorrow :)

No worries, hope you all had a good time here.

I was at the stadium, pretty disappointed by the result and our lack of ability to score. Gotta say I was a bit surprised that you were SO defensive. Hard to get through the Irish wall.

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck tonight Confused
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:18am
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

THANKS for all the advice Mads. You have a beautiful city beautiful women and lads not so bad either.
Until the next time ! 

I was at the stadium, pretty disappointed by the result and our lack of ability to score. Gotta say I was a bit surprised that you were SO defensive. Hard to get through the Irish wall.

All walls fall eventually. You had no problem scoring tonight. Congrats.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Until the next time ! 

Thanks. Quite surprised by the result and that Eriksen was soooo good.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:02am
Congrats Mads. Best of luck in Russia
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Mads
You did a great job keeping quiet about the Eiffel bar.

What a great spot. Super locals. Beer good and cheap. Great spot Saturday afternoon before heading out to the match

Tak
Was there Monday, soundest barman in Copenhagen and all of them were pretty sound. Cracking jukebox in there too. There are some cracking little pubs in the city, especially if you get off the main thoroughfares.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:25pm

Until the next time ! 

Not as surprised as we were by MON's tactics from half-time - Eriksen's eyes must have fairly lit up when he saw what was happening.

Congratulations tho Mads and all the best in Russia.   
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Congrats Mads. Best of luck in Russia
Echo that - might be back there late next year for the NL. Thumbs Up
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:33pm
Echo that. Every Danish fan and person I met over the weekend was top class, from the lads putting Johnny Logan on the jukebox for a singalong to the sixty year-old hooker offering us a go in the jacks of a boozer before the game, and everyone who was genial in the face of drunkenness  all weekend.  I know who I will be cheering for next summer.

The Danes, a fantastic bunch of lads and a fine looking bunch of ladies!

Edited by pre Madonna - 15 Nov 2017 at 1:34pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Echo that. Every Danish fan and person I met over the weekend was top class, from the lads putting Johnny Logan on the jukebox for a singalong to the sixty year-old hooker offering us a go in the jacks of a boozer before the game, and everyone who was genial in the face of drunkenness  all weekend.  I know who I will be cheering for next summer.

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL
The size of the jacks in said boozer, the size of the four Irish arses being offered a deal, as well as the size of said hooker's ass, meant logistics alone meant it was unlikely.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:12pm

I thought you hated all things Eurovision PM?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I thought you hated all things Eurovision PM?

It was meant as an act of friendliness from one nation to another, I took it in that spirit. I know I can be a cantankerous **** at the best of times, but I would have been some prick if I started a diatribe on the Eurovision based on that.

Anyway, 'Hold Me Now' is a classic piece of cheesiness. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm
Cheers for all the info Mads, much like everyone else, enjoyed Copenhagen and any of the Danes we met were very friendly, all speaking better English than most of us too !!. Congrats on last nights result and best of luck in Russia. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:30am
Some craic over there despite some mini disasters. Ryanair took money for a price-lock I had booked for Basle before the draw so that was extra money wasted. 

Saturday night managed to fall asleep under a tree around 5 in the morning and got picked up by some Cork lad. Phone was dead at this stage and couldn't find my apartment so asked a taxi man to bring me to any random hotel and checked in to a place for the night for €107. 

Was out then Sunday in Sam's Kareoke bar, drinking away with a Cork lad when, after half an hour speaking to each other, realised he was the one who woke me up the previous night. Spent about 10 minutes laughing at that then myself, him and Saint Tom were brought (by a Bob Marley lookalike) to a late bar called Hong Kong which we renamed 'The Danish Sunnybank' until 8 in the morning. 

Between extra flights, extra accommodation and a ridiculous amount of drinking must have spent between €1,000 and €1,500 all in. However, not qualifying last night saved around 5 grand so technically I'm up 3 and a half grand. Joke's on them.

Would agree with the comments above about the Danish locals. Generally the term 'A great bunch of lads' gets thrown about loosely but they deserve that title. And I mean that 100%.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:59am
Thanks for the kind words. All the Irish I've met have been down to earth and friendly. I think we have a similar mentality in a lot of ways. This is what's cool about football - bringing people together.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:02am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Until the next time ! 

Not as surprised as we were by MON's tactics from half-time - Eriksen's eyes must have fairly lit up when he saw what was happening.

Congratulations tho Mads and all the best in Russia.   

Yeah, Eriksen has never been given so much space in midfield to be honest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic