You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insidertips Copenhagen (from a Dane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 1:54pm
A new Irish pub called the Old Irish Pub
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by barcabhoy barcabhoy wrote:

Are there many bars or shops that sell cans around the Stadium?

Mads?

Guess the closest is 7-eleven at Trianglen

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/7-Eleven/@55.7011666,12.5726472,17z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1strianglen+7+eleven!3m4!1s0x0:0xd882b46d27e3ac28!8m2!3d55.6996707!4d12.5779295 
barcabhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barcabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Mads?

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/7-Eleven/@55.7011666,12.5726472,17z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1strianglen+7+eleven!3m4!1s0x0:0xd882b46d27e3ac28!8m2!3d55.6996707!4d12.5779295 

Thanks Mads
For these games, you must keep a cold heart no, a warm heart and a cold mind no, head! So you must have a warm heart and (pause)a cold head.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:02pm
Firstly, fair play to you MadsV for coming on and giving your time to help lads with queries Clap, secondly are there any currency exchange kiosk's or is it just banks over there that you have to use and where is the best rate ?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:03pm
I'm in Copenhagen tomorrow for the weekend and heading back ovet next week. Anywhere you think I could source tickets when I'm over tomorrow?
Danger here, OH NO
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

I'm in Copenhagen tomorrow for the weekend and heading back ovet next week. Anywhere you think I could source tickets when I'm over tomorrow?

the train station
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Firstly, fair play to you MadsV for coming on and giving your time to help lads with queries Clap, secondly are there any currency exchange kiosk's or is it just banks over there that you have to use and where is the best rate ?

No worries, yeah a few - maybe Forex by Nørreport Station.

I rarely have cash on me as you can use cards pretty much everywhere
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

the train station

dba.dk. Would think it would be hard to find tickets for the game on the street.
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:20pm
I have a window of about 45 minutes to get from stadium to airport straight after the match. Is this possible with minimum stress?

To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

I have a window of about 45 minutes to get from stadium to airport straight after the match. Is this possible with minimum stress?

Should take you about 40 mins. You need to go to Nørreport after the match and take the metro to the airport
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

I don't think Ryanair allow windows under their new baggage policy
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:36pm
How come you can post in perfect English and expensively educated knobs who grew up speaking it can't?
I might have a couple of hours in Aalborg on the Saturday morning, is there anything worth seeing?
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:37pm
What temperatures can we expect in the evening time?
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How come you can post in perfect English and expensively educated knobs who grew up speaking it can't?
I might have a couple of hours in Aalborg on the Saturday morning, is there anything worth seeing?

Haha, thanks. Since Danish is only spoken by 5,5 million people, English skills are pretty much required if you want a decent job.

Sorry, I've only been to Aalborg once. They are famous for the party street called Jomfru Ane Gade, but it doesn't make much sense to go there, since you'll be there in the morning. 
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

What temperatures can we expect in the evening time?

The temperature is fairly mild for this time of year atm. Can get a bit chilly, but probably similar to Ireland.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:46pm

Haha, thanks. Since Danish is only spoken by 5,5 million people, English skills are pretty much required if you want a decent job.

Sorry, I've only been to Aalborg once. They are famous for the party street called Jomfru Ane Gade, but it doesn't make much sense to go there, since you'll be there in the morning. 

Yeah, it was more the fact you make less mistakes than people who paid a fortune to be semi-literate!
If there is nothing else to do there, a party street sounds grand!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:46pm

Mads?

Do 7/11s still serve slurpies?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:49pm

Yeah, it was more the fact you make less mistakes than people who paid a fortune to be semi-literate!
If there is nothing else to do there, a party street sounds grand!

Education is free here. We pay a sh*tload of taxes though - close to 50%
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic