Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Flags, tifos etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

We should raise cash and get a load.

I will set up YBIG paypal

Drog...you got prices etc yet?

There are a few left somewhere 

much raised so far?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

adamlee View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 1:50am
Lads, for the us being the so called 'Best fans in the World', we dont show it. Our atmosphere is good but it isnt great. 

Where are all the flags gone?
They contribute massively to an atmosphere. 
I am willing to buy flags, but ill need people to help me buy them.
60€ for 6mx6m irish triclour flags and telescopic pole (ultrasshop.com) Minimum order is 10 so ill need at least 9 to help me out.

If your worried about them being robbed, we will come up with a plan. Eg. someone is charge of handing them out and another to collect, and store them in a safe place.

TIFOS we need to have them for big games to give the players the lift the need. I was shocked there wasnt one for the playoff, Denmark put up an extraordinary display for the 1st leg.

If funding is an issue, gofundme page/bucket collections/ raffles/competitions may help.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 3:01am
Moved your post here, theres loads of threads on flags already. Google search YBIG tifos for example and youll see a few of them.

Edited by Sham157 - 30 Dec 2017 at 3:02am
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 12:08pm
The flags we had should still be in the storage box in the stadium if they aren't their anymore means fai or someone involved with the stadium have thrown them out AGAIN

The main reason they stopped been put out wasn't due to not having them anymore it was mainly due to the lack of help for hanging them up and taking them down again. Always the same few doing it

Personally feel the fai should be helping the fans with pre gsme displays etc like what happens in most other countries e.g in Vienna and Copenhagen.. We the fans have contributed plenty over the years for flags/banners/card etc (sometimes others don't even know it was fans that did it I know of people that thought it was fai that organised the go green campaigns) it's time we started to get a bit of help from them!!!
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 12:49pm
Whip up a collection for new flags.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Whip up a collection for new flags.

Dont need to if we can locate the ones in the box in the stadium. What we need is a dedicated few of at least 5 lads to look after them before and after the games.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:28pm
I'd like to see the sponsors giving out flags to every seat or scarves. Sponsors don't do a whole lot to be honest.
Danger here, OH NO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:16am
Delighted to see the banner myself and TheBronze made a few years ago show up in the papers this weekend having been in Gib - the 'Godfath€r of Gr€€d' one.

Anyone know where it's been the last few years? We'd assumed it was long gone.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
I heard it was the Belfast SC who had it over there, not sure if any truth to it.
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
Saw the banner on the FB balls Irish supporters group page on Saturday pre match. Photo posted by a certain someone with the initials RC
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Saw the banner on the FB balls Irish supporters group page on Saturday pre match. Photo posted by a certain someone with the initials RC

Not on Facebook but I think I know who you mean.

Anyone else know about it?
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Not on Facebook but I think I know who you mean.

Anyone else know about it?

Tried to send the link to the FB post there via PM
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:56am
any chance we can try and locate the old banners and Tifos. Do the fai know where they are? Be great to see a bit of colour again in the singing section. The flares looked impressive the other night, would have looked better with tifos flying too. Does anyone have a contact in hq that find out?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

any chance we can try and locate the old banners and Tifos. Do the fai know where they are? Be great to see a bit of colour again in the singing section. The flares looked impressive the other night, would have looked better with tifos flying too. Does anyone have a contact in hq that find out?

Think it should be the whole stadium. Sponsors should be giving flags to everyone in the stadium. Have seen it happen in Stade De France. There should be tifos at the South Stand. There's long enough to organise it to.
Danger here, OH NO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Think it should be the whole stadium. Sponsors should be giving flags to everyone in the stadium. Have seen it happen in Stade De France. There should be tifos at the South Stand. There's long enough to organise it to.

If we can find the missing ones then we dont have to go through all the bother of getting new flags and banners 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:34am

If we can find the missing ones then we dont have to go through all the bother of getting new flags and banners 
Tried to find them before the playoff but left it late and Joe McGlue said no to it anyway. Seems like from looking at the programme things between YBIG and the fai are a bit better than recent years. Would be great to find the flags and Tifos for the Denmark game. People shot down the idea because there wasn’t many to help out but I think that there would be an interest now with many new fans in 114. Be great to have the place full of green for November.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Tried to find them before the playoff but left it late and Joe McGlue said no to it anyway. Seems like from looking at the programme things between YBIG and the fai are a bit better than recent years. Would be great to find the flags and Tifos for the Denmark game. People shot down the idea because there wasn’t many to help out but I think that there would be an interest now with many new fans in 114. Be great to have the place full of green for November.

Relationship is much better now. There were fewer stewards too. If there was enough notice given you could get a good few to help with flags. Many have to work and travel etc.
Danger here, OH NO
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:57am
Yeah loads of time to get it organised now but has to be worked on now as it will probably get left too late. Could somebody get in contact with the FAI and establish 100% if they are still there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic