You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva pre game carry on for the play off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm
The anthem can be rousing enough when its done properly, before the Germany game it was really done with gusto, as in a proper band belting it out not some bloody pipe band or nadia forde. But the combination of deafening music, stadium announcers and the RIP moment make the Aviva a really unpleasant place to be before kick off and at half time. I would not blame anyone for turning up late.
Sponsored Links

noddy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:57pm
Have to say the Welsh did their best to keep the visiting fans quite every time we started to sing the big boom boxes behind the goal blasted out music to drown out our fans I thought the PA can’t be used during the match to encourage fans or used to play music while game is on ??

Edited by noddy - 18 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:19am
Agree big time on the minutes silence /applause but thought the one for JimmybMagee v Moldova actually worked and got the crowd going.

Edited by VanBosch - 19 Oct 2017 at 12:19am
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:21am
Need to get all the tifos and banners out for this one. Been gathering dust in some backroom in lansdown for too long.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by keano10 keano10 wrote:

I think a march from Slattery's is probably the best option but that sort of thing needs the guards to show a bit of common sense and turn a blind eye to people in the march having cans etc.

These marches have been mentioned before. I think it is a great idea but twice I showed up at Scruffys for the proposed march...by 7:10 the only marching that was happening was to the bar for one more quick pint
SeanG4393 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanG4393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

I think a march from Slattery's is probably the best option but that sort of thing needs the guards to show a bit of common sense and turn a blind eye to people in the march having cans etc.

These marches have been mentioned before. I think it is a great idea but twice I showed up at Scruffys for the proposed march...by 7:10 the only marching that was happening was to the bar for one more quick pint

I was in the march from CSA to Celtic Park before the Rangers game last season. Not the type of game thats needs an excuse to add atmosphere too however it was fantastic it got everyone going it got everyone up for it and it worked out perfectly. Would also get a good few moving from the pubs into the ground as well on time. 
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by SeanG4393 SeanG4393 wrote:

I was in the march from CSA to Celtic Park before the Rangers game last season. Not the type of game thats needs an excuse to add atmosphere too however it was fantastic it got everyone going it got everyone up for it and it worked out perfectly. Would also get a good few moving from the pubs into the ground as well on time. 

I am on board with it...I think it would be great...just pointing out that the prospect of another pint always seems to cancel any marching plans
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by SeanG4393 SeanG4393 wrote:

I am on board with it...I think it would be great...just pointing out that the prospect of another pint always seems to cancel any marching plans

Just get a bottle in the stadium. Same overpriced piss
Danger here, OH NO
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Need to get all the tifos and banners out for this one. Been gathering dust in some backroom in lansdown for too long.

If they haven't been thrown in a bin.

Defo needed for this though. List needed!!!

Edited by Guf10 - 19 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:15pm
These ideas were all floated for the last 3 play offs v France, Estonia and Bosniaand Herzegovina. While some great stuff was done I always felt it could be a lot better. Something along the lines of a tri-colour facing the team when they walk out and a big flag with the fighting Irish character or some logo covering the south stand. And flags in every other seat. I know the cost but if a couple of the fai's sponsors came on board it would significantly cut the price. We should try and get all the flags up around the premier section like before. The fai and sponsors social media should tell people to be in early. Not one or two tweets but literally between now and november 14th people should be sick of reading tweets telling them to get in early. If people know theres going to be a display most of them will get in early. The #gogreenonnovember14 should be used too. Loads of stuff can be done but planning needs to start quickly. I'll lend a hand whatever way I can to show I'm not all talk
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

List it is so. Put your name down for hanging the flags/banners up and sorting out the tifos on matchday. Big Podge will update us on the status of the gear.

Edited by drog addict - 19 Oct 2017 at 2:20pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:35pm
Do you have a time for hanging the banners up at ?

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:37pm

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

List it is so. Put your name down for hanging the flags/banners up and sorting out the tifos on matchday. Big Podge will update us on the status of the gear.

1.foggy.nelson
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Its usually around 1 or 2 that the lads did it on the past. Podge should confirm. It only takes around 20 minutes to sort out. Then another 20 min after the game to get them down and back into storage

Edited by drog addict - 19 Oct 2017 at 2:42pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Its usually around 1 or 2 that the lads did it on the past. Podge should confirm. It only takes around 20 minutes to sort out. Then another 20 min after the game to get them down and back into storage

I'll need to work from home until about 1 so that might rule me out.
If I can help I will though.
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:45pm
What about a 3 green flag on every seat? They do for the rugby why not the football?
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

This always crops up for the huge games.  Irish people will NEVER arrive at the ground "early" and get an atmosphere going.  Various people have been tried with Amhrán na bhFiann and it has made no difference in its singing, cos too many people don't know the Jaysus lyrics so they just stand there so as not to look stupid.

The only time it was buzzing pre-kick off was when the hugely effective "Go Green for November 14" happened for the home play-off game v France in 2009 and just before kick off "Put Em Under Pressure" boomed out, it was fooking brilliant.   Simplicity is all it takes.  Agree however, PA man's only job should be announce the teams and subsitutions and shut the fook up.

Thankfully the "Stewards to End of Match Positions" was done away with it as I felt it sent out a negative message to players if we were struggling for a goal or were behind in a game.

Big Tifo and Put Em Under Pressure in my opinion is all it needs.  AND LEARN THE JAYSUS ANTHEM.
Agree with all of this. The France play-off was the best pre-match home atmosphere I've ever experienced.
And to be fair to some of the lads on here, the amount of work  that was done was heroic.
Think it was M.50 who did some amount off organising.

Is it too late for "Go Green on November 14 Part 2?"

TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:31pm
I remember standing watching this, thinking it was absolutely bonkers. But it certainly looked the part.

Surely the FAI could copy something very similar. Green white and orange explosives, and many green/white/flags with a giant 3 logo spread randomly. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic