You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva pre game carry on for the play off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm
I think the card display is pointless. It inevitably ends up with people making paper airplanes out of them and throwing them about the place.  
Sponsored Links

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm
I think the big problem is that half the stadium is empty until the game is underway. 

Even when the teams walk out, there are so many empty seats. People need to get in early, like in most other countries. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I think the big problem is that half the stadium is empty until the game is underway. 

Even when the teams walk out, there are so many empty seats. People need to get in early, like in most other countries. 

That's a bit odd about the Irish alright. You wouldn't turn up at the theatre or at a concert about 30 seconds before the thing is due to begin.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

That's a bit odd about the Irish alright. You wouldn't turn up at the theatre or at a concert about 30 seconds before the thing is due to begin.

You been to the cinema recently???? LOL

This is the big problem. Our away support is phenomenal but other countries put our home support to shame. We are far too focussed on getting another pint in at the bar than actually showing up to support
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:23pm
Usual scenario of people arriving 7.40 . Make all the plans and arrangements you want but for some reason people don't want to get in early and prob to do with the sh*te before KO on the PA
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

You been to the cinema recently???? LOL

This is the big problem. Our away support is phenomenal but other countries put our home support to shame. We are far too focussed on getting another pint in at the bar than actually showing up to support

Cineworld are shytehawks. 25 minutes after the start time is when the movie usually starts. I never go in earlier than 15 minutes after the start time. There's always a load of ads before they even get to the trailers.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:27pm
Bars should be shut early to get people in their seats and the atmosphere building..

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

If the crowd is up for it, the fella on the mic will be drowned out. 

Flares are banned, are smoke bombs? What about tickatape? Bags of shredded paper thrown from the upper tiers. Till rolls from cash registers. Lets try and recreate Argentina 78. Hopefully it's a windy night to blow it around.

Everybody do there bit. 

Not good enough. The mic should be off. The atmosphere at the Aviva is drowned out.

It's terrible and nobody seems to be in a position to point this out to the FAI.

Just tell them to review what Wales did last week.

Btw, imagine we were able to sing our anthem without music, and at a slower pace than the frenetic pace its played but he "combined army and garda number 1 bands", and the high volume it booms out over the tannoy.

It would be up there with the best anthems and would be amazing.

There's never any sense though of breaking the mould, same old same old.

Edited by rolo - 18 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm
Couple problems are people getting in late because the directions around the stadium are terrible, no signposts to let people know what way to go results in thousands turning up spending time walking the wrong way, especially the stand that's all the way around the river, from say walking from slatterys is a good 15mins before you even sit down in your seat. It can't be expected that everyone knows the correct route for all the stands.

Also people wanna finish their drink, let's be honest that's the main issue, instead of being in the crowd 15mins before kickoff they rather fit in 2 more pints. Entitled to that of course but makes for sh*t opening atmosphere. 
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm
people, me included get into ground 10 mins before the avoid the adverts and anouncements... and i'm probably not the only one... therefore there isn't enough people in to create an atmosphere... god the noise from the PA before game / ht / and even at the end,, if we qualify we'd have the lads walking around the ground to an advert ....
Come on Irelind
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:33pm
Try doing our anthem the way the Welsh did their one against us last week....play the music for the first bit then let the crowd take over.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Try doing our anthem the way the Welsh did their one against us last week....play the music for the first bit then let the crowd take over.

And who did the Welsh copy that from? The Scottish. 

The end of flower of Scotland is usually always played without the bagpipes. They've been doing it for years. From about 30 seconds onward. The Welsh football singing display doesn't even compare to their rugby anthem in Cardiff, which is also done like they done the other night.

Edited by TioPepe - 18 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
I'll be honest I don't fancy getting to the south stand  before the game and my ears bleeding from listening to sh*te from the announcer, music blaring that doesn't get anyone going or whatever rent-a-guitar fella they have singing Dubliners tunes out of time

Much rather get in at 7:35 to get to my seat, welcome the teams out and sing the anthem. Even if they just stopped blaring sh*te music for 20 minutes beforehand and let the fans do our thing it'd improve things. 

athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:45pm
'Sing it out like youve never sang it before' 
That was the last thing the stadium announcer said to the Welsh fans, in a proper Welsh accent too.

Our D4 dickhead would be encouraging us to download an AVIVA app during a penalty shootout. 

By the way I think this is going to penos. 
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

'Sing it out like youve never sang it before' 
That was the last thing the stadium announcer said to the Welsh fans, in a proper Welsh accent too.

Our D4 dickhead would be encouraging us to download an AVIVA app during a penalty shootout. 

By the way I think this is going to penos. 

Just before the penalty shootout will be something along the lines of this.

"Roysh, download the free Aviva application and tag yourself in the fan pic to win a years insurance from Aviva. Once you've done that log on to three.ie/thecallup for exclusive Republic of Ireland content for this Three International match in the Aviva Stadium and don't forget to upload pictures from the Aviva Stadium to the Three Facebook page and the Three Twitter page. Come on you Three Boys in Green and now applaud our visiting fans and players for such an amazing atmosphere. Well done Denmark from Aviva, Three and the Republic of Ireland"
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:18pm
The part that really annoys me is the tannoy speaker at the end of the games. At the Serbia game he goes, and the final result is Ireland 0 Serbia 1 in a voice that was far to enthusiastic. I f**king know I just watched the game you spastic. That really annoyed me that I wanted to punch the **** LOL
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Can any YBIG reps that meet up with the FAI discuss the pre match carry on in the Aviva? There's no need for the lad on the mic to be rambling on for five minutes about Boyne Valley's result against Balbriggan at the weekend. He should be used to only announce the teams.. nothing more than that.

Can we also put an end to the minute silence for Fran Gavin's neighbours son in laws dog that got knocked down by a motorbike on the Naas Road. 

• No PA man rambling on 
  • No minute silence 

There will be a minute's silence for the death of football
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm
I think a march from Slatterys at about 7:15 would get everyone into the stadium on time and get an atmosphere going on the march which would hopefully lead into the ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic