You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmitch153 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
Some difficulty getting in to D3. Had 4 home ends - 2 in D3 and 2 up in the Gods in the A section who seemed to have no trouble getting up but a different story for us 2 in D3. 

Queued for a good 45 minutes and the Danes were getting seriously wound up with the stewards and police, although they were sound with us Irish. Got to the point where the police took over with a fence before you got to where the stewards were. We had viking hats, Danish scarves and just kept quiet etc. We get to the police woman at the fence and she starts speaking in Danish so I use the excuse that Im at university studying over here and showed her a British driving licence and said the other lad I was with was the same and she let us through no problem. Same thing happens again when we get to the stewards so I say the police woman has already let us in and explained the whole studying over here and he said ok go ahead. Other lad im with gets stopped though and refused in with the steward sending him flying over the gate. Instead he goes to the Danish ticket office and gets given a ticket for the A block which one of our lads had already scanned but he was fine getting in here, albeit 20 minutes in to match.

I missed the first 15 minutes and there was a fair few empty seats although a good few of us were stood on the aisles rather than where we should have been and there was a good few watching from the banister overlooking the seats closer to the front. After half an hour of getting some funny looks stood by the stairwell with 3 or 4 other Irish lads I decided to give getting in to the away end a go. Literally went to the back of the concourse and saw a door with D2 on it which was left open so just ran on through. Went back 30 seconds later to get a lad I was stood with but didnt fancy risking getting in to the away end and the door was closed again with a steward guarding it but acted dumb when I went back to it. Pure luck that it was open when I went to have a look round.

Seemed to be a fair few out of it in the away end. Was stood with one fella who I had to leave after I had the same conversation with him a good 3 or 4 times as he was that drunk and ended up stood next to 6 lads about 18 or 19 year olds. Kept having to move out of the way for them to go and get pints and for the first 15 minutes of the first half 2 of them had their backs away from the pitch just having a chat. Impression I got from what I heard was that one knew a player and another knew someone of the backroom staff. 

Only a young lad myself and totally understand and appreciate you have to start somewhere - my 3rd away this one but I wasn't expecting a ticket and would have felt fairly guilty if I did manage to get one when others didn't. Just lucky how it worked out for me.

Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Were defo independents like myself in D2 also !

Was that not D1 you were in
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:22pm
Got back today and signed up to YBIG

For the first time ever at an away game I was ashamed of the fans. We had 2300 precious tickets to a massive game. We had players giving everything and people who desperately wanted to be there but were deprived of tickets having to pretend to be Danish to get in. We let ourselves and the players down.

In the away section about 75% of the crowd never opened their f*****g mouths to support our team. Some of them were more interested in getting their pints than watching the match. Some didn't know who the players are. Others spent their time recording the experience. Some had got themselves so pissed that they didn't know where they were or what the f**k they were there for. Fair play to the bloke with the drum. He did his best. I honestly could not believe that we went from the passion of Cardiff to this crap. By the way I will guarantee you that some of the same waste of space "fans" will have been singing up a storm in the bars and on the street where it doesn't matter a sh##e.

Yes, some of it must be down to ticket allocations and the football family tickets seem to go to anyone who fancies a weekend away.   But there is more to it than that. I really wonder if we are putting the craic ahead of the game. It must be about the team not the fans or else it means nothing. For a game of this importance how can anyone who calls himself a supporter get so pissed that he can't function when the team needs support. There are people who would give their right arm for that ticket and would make better use of it. If I miss out on a ticket at a future game at least I want it to be to someone who will give the team everything they have got instead of someone who got pissed in more cities than me.

Anyway tomorrow will be better.

Edited by Ecumenical Matter - 13 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:30pm
Welcome pmitch & Ecumenical, both good posts. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:35pm
I was in A9. Found the atmosphere strange. There wasn't any singing and I felt detached from the main crowd of Irish fans. Even so the main block in D2 or whatever seemed strangely subdued.  Very little atmosphere.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:50am
Fair play lads.   I wonder hahs the penny dropped for people in SC's that this can't continue and a change is needed.

An increased number of tickets going to FD and SC's in a universal system will reduce this. It wont eradicate it but it should reduce it.

Is it possible that guys put in loads of effort into football and get tickets and then give their tickets to their sons etc and then who knows what happens or where are these lads getting tickets

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Nov 2017 at 7:52am
AKA pedantic kunt
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

Got back today and signed up to YBIG

For the first time ever at an away game I was ashamed of the fans. We had 2300 precious tickets to a massive game. We had players giving everything and people who desperately wanted to be there but were deprived of tickets having to pretend to be Danish to get in. We let ourselves and the players down.

In the away section about 75% of the crowd never opened their f*****g mouths to support our team. Some of them were more interested in getting their pints than watching the match. Some didn't know who the players are. Others spent their time recording the experience. Some had got themselves so pissed that they didn't know where they were or what the f**k they were there for. Fair play to the bloke with the drum. He did his best. I honestly could not believe that we went from the passion of Cardiff to this crap. By the way I will guarantee you that some of the same waste of space "fans" will have been singing up a storm in the bars and on the street where it doesn't matter a sh##e.

Yes, some of it must be down to ticket allocations and the football family tickets seem to go to anyone who fancies a weekend away.   But there is more to it than that. I really wonder if we are putting the craic ahead of the game. It must be about the team not the fans or else it means nothing. For a game of this importance how can anyone who calls himself a supporter get so pissed that he can't function when the team needs support. There are people who would give their right arm for that ticket and would make better use of it. If I miss out on a ticket at a future game at least I want it to be to someone who will give the team everything they have got instead of someone who got pissed in more cities than me.

Anyway tomorrow will be better.

Great post. I felt like I was being looked down on for singing for my country. Why some people were there is beyond me.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:30am
Apart from the unfairness of giving tickets out to fair weather supporters and piss heads over for the sign song is that it's actually counter productive in so many ways. These fair weather fans don't generate the same support and noise for the team that regular away supporters do and the piss heads are effecting the reputation of Irish fans.

Simple solution is increase the allocation to Fans Direct and Supporters Club to 70%. Keeps all the fans happy, builds good relations between the fans and the FAI, keeps the reputation of the fans intact and most importantly ensures there's real noise and support for the Irish team in the ground.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:38am
Was really disappointing to see a couple of Irish lads smoking the funny stuff before the match. Pretty disgraceful carry on in front of locals. I'd say that kinda carry on had a bigger impact on messiness than the McGregor boys.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by PanamaHat PanamaHat wrote:

I'm glad YBIG represents a tiny proportion of Irish fans.

What do you mean by YBIG ?

the forum which by its nature has a wide variety of opinions or

the mandate group which is argueing for an increase allocation and a universal scheme ?

just saying like

bump
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:57am

Was really disappointing to see a couple of Irish lads smoking the funny stuff before the match. Pretty disgraceful carry on in front of locals. I'd say that kinda carry on had a bigger impact on messiness than the McGregor boys.

There is a district in Copenhagen where you can smoke at will I dont think the locals would have batted an eye lid , my jaysus what are we like .LOL
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:02am

Maybe an impact on the lads who fell asleep but it was more than a bit of weed the McGregor boys were on
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:05am

Whatever about lads snorting the Colombian marching powder, a joint isn't going to bother the locals. AFAIK it's decriminalised there anyway. Lads are more likely to go on a Burger King binge than start a fight after a smoke anyway.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Since Scotland away the system was tested two times and it passed once (Wales) and failed once (Denmark) also the association didn't do themselves any favours with the presale for the home leg tonight . Also not a mention of the extra tickets that were kept back to barter for the 10% they had hoped to get for Copenhagen . So it's one step forward and two back with the FAI .
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Apart from the unfairness of giving tickets out to fair weather supporters and piss heads over for the sign song is that it's actually counter productive in so many ways. These fair weather fans don't generate the same support and noise for the team that regular away supporters do and the piss heads are effecting the reputation of Irish fans.

Simple solution is increase the allocation to Fans Direct and Supporters Club to 70%. Keeps all the fans happy, builds good relations between the fans and the FAI, keeps the reputation of the fans intact and most importantly ensures there's real noise and support for the Irish team in the ground.
but then wont these fair weather fans become members of these and after a while will filter in to the system anyway and meet criteria set out thus cutting the amount of tickets available.

PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:18am

I'm glad YBIG represents a tiny proportion of Irish fans.

What do you mean by YBIG ?

the forum which by its nature has a wide variety of opinions or

the mandate group which is argueing for an increase allocation and a universal scheme ?

just saying like

bump

Sorry, was busy catching up on the weekends rugby. 
Oh the forum definitely! A wide variety of opinions? Stats would be very similar to Denmark's possession stats versus Ireland in terms of people bemoaning 'new' away Irish fans, bemoaning people who get up on Sunday mornings to cut the grass and getting rewarded for it, bemoaning the new phenomenon of Irishmen (and fairies) getting drunk abroad, bemoaning boom boxes, generally so self aware they can't seem to enjoy these away games versus people who are able to go away, do their own thing, not be too concerned about the actions of others and just go to a football match.

Mandate group very important. However, I fear that, if successful, away trips would be completely ruined for so many forum posters.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:09am
How would a fair and transparent system be bad news for people on here panama ????
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:11am

Oh the forum definitely! A wide variety of opinions? Stats would be very similar to Denmark's possession stats versus Ireland in terms of people bemoaning 'new' away Irish fans, bemoaning people who get up on Sunday mornings to cut the grass and getting rewarded for it, bemoaning the new phenomenon of Irishmen (and fairies) getting drunk abroad, bemoaning boom boxes, generally so self aware they can't seem to enjoy these away games versus people who are able to go away, do their own thing, not be too concerned about the actions of others and just go to a football match.

Mandate group very important. However, I fear that, if successful, away trips would be completely ruined for so many forum posters.

course there is a wide variety of opinions

complete strawman argument - the issue is and continues to be 'new' fans getting tickets when those who travel regularily do not

ahh the legendary volunteer grass cutter/cone placer  who deserve some reward for all this ? give him a home ticket of which there are 30000 available every game  ? no give him a 63 euro ticket to the most sought after game in years that he has to fork out 400 euro to utilise - not even you believe that bull

theres drunk and theres cant even stand drunk at the game where effectively the tickets is wasted and invariably it isn't the drunk who is injured when he/she falls its an innocent bystander - who both missed the last 30 mins because of the prick - I have been known to take a occasional drink before a game maybe even to excess occasionally

each to their own, wouldn't be a fan but then wouldn't be near it so its no skin off my nose, same with launching multiple footballs in the air in a busy pedestrian street - not my cup of tea but don't tell me its not a pain in the arse for locals and others alike as I witnessed it as far back as 2006 in Stuttgart and still people paint it as a bit of craic

ruined by regular away goers getting tickets ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124>
  Share Topic