You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 124>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I have to say I was surprised to see Denis O'Brien in the middle of A9. Looked to be with his kids. I thought he would have been in with VIPs which were next to A9.

Yea thought the very same.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm
Managed to sneak into the away end without any ticket. Seems there are loads the same as me. Friends got rejected from D3 after buying tickets on viagogo for €270
Strange strange atmosphere in the away end and nobody but the FAI could be blamed for that imo.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Managed to sneak into the away end without any ticket. Seems there are loads the same as me. Friends got rejected from D3 after buying tickets on viagogo for €270
Strange strange atmosphere in the away end and nobody but the FAI could be blamed for that imo.

They could have given tickets to people who go to games! Would've helped.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:35pm
36000 in attendance which means 2000 tickets weren't scanned. I heard after the match that there was a thousand Irish fans locked out. Don't know if there was any truth in this.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:42pm
It seems that most independents were in A9 and there were no problems there
FF behind the goal and all sorts going on
The Green Werewolf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Green Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I never thought this would work but it did for me too. I was sober as a judge and had the d3 e-ticket in my hand but didn't hand it to him. I was by by myself and some drunken fools with no interest in the football were getting kings chaired out and the stewart reasoned with me. The difference in stadium culture was crazy as that would never work at the Aviva. Same goes for smoking inside, pints to your seat and standing on the steps, these are three huge don'ts at the Aviva so the Danes might be in for a bit of a reality check with that tomorrow, which is made even crazier by the fact we're only an hour and 55 minutes on a flight away from eachother.

I think the away stewards were so chilled because they knew they were getting a handy one compared to their colleagues and the circus unfolding over in D3. Some of the scenes outside D3 are still haunting me but glad to hear some others chanced the away end with their home and got the job done, cause there was a lot of empty seats and caused no issues whatsoever.
Away days brighten the North Stand, Our football friends from foreign lands. They'd nudge eachother with their hands - "Wow these really are the worlds best fans"
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:46pm
were the pints proper in the ground or were they sans alcohol like other away venues and the euros?

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:47pm
Were defo independents like myself in D2 also !
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

were the pints proper in the ground or were they sans alcohol like other away venues and the euros?

Yea normal pints and and big 750ml glasses as well
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

yup they contained alcohol and what's more the plastic cup seemed bigger than a pint.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:52pm
Snap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Were defo independents like myself in D2 also !

We were in D1
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:47pm
I don't get why anyone who got questioned by a steward in the home end at any point didn't just pretend to be deaf? Can't hassle a deaf lad
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:49pm
At least everyone with be in D4 Tomorrow night
AKA pedantic kunt
Haney View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:53pm
Him, Kieran Mulvey and the bowl Seanie Fitzpatrick with 10 or 12 kids in the Peder Oxes bar/restraunt just up from The Dubliner before the game, Nuff said !

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

How long have you been working on that one
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Ah leave it out. LOL
Touts Out!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:01pm
It's actually quite disgusting how a huge chunk of tickets ended up with fellas who don't support the team.
And then to see some being touted. The FAI really need to implement a proper scheme with the Football Family reduced to max 15 per cent.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 124>
  Share Topic