You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

How would a fair and transparent system be bad news for people on here panama ????

What would they post about?
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:16am
Football.

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:17am
You are aware it’s a football-related website you are on ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:26am
It still amazes me people can't grasp ybig.ie is a football forum for folk to express their views on the ROI football team, LOI, grassroots, a section for other football and then one for anything else folk want to talk about.

YBIG is not a 'club', 'click', 'group' of Ireland fans. Yes some of its posters meet up at games but they do so of their own back.

YBIG has a mandate group which their members are seeking to better the match day experience for ALL fans especially their members of which there is a high number of regulars who do all home and the majority (if not all) away matches.

Why folk still seek to come on here with their agenda to identify the forum as a group, as speaking for or as reflective of all Ireland fans continually baffles me.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

It still amazes me people can't grasp ybig.ie is a football forum for folk to express their views on the ROI football team, LOI, grassroots, a section for other football and then one for anything else folk want to talk about.

YBIG is not a 'club', 'click', 'group' of Ireland fans. Yes some of its posters meet up at games but they do so of their own back.

YBIG has a mandate group which their members are seeking to better the match day experience for ALL fans especially their members of which there is a high number of regulars who do all home and the majority (if not all) away matches.

Why folk still seek to come on here with their agenda to identify the forum as a group, as speaking for or as reflective of all Ireland fans continually baffles me.

Yeah I only joined last year and felt like it was a bit of a clique but the longer you spend in it it's just a bunch of lads talking about football and having a bit of craic. Great place for info too
Danger here, OH NO
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Apart from the unfairness of giving tickets out to fair weather supporters and piss heads over for the sign song is that it's actually counter productive in so many ways. These fair weather fans don't generate the same support and noise for the team that regular away supporters do and the piss heads are effecting the reputation of Irish fans.

Simple solution is increase the allocation to Fans Direct and Supporters Club to 70%. Keeps all the fans happy, builds good relations between the fans and the FAI, keeps the reputation of the fans intact and most importantly ensures there's real noise and support for the Irish team in the ground.
but then wont these fair weather fans become members of these and after a while will filter in to the system anyway and meet criteria set out thus cutting the amount of tickets available.

I'm not worried about the numbers of fans in the system increasing and the impact that this might have on my own allocation.

I don't have a problem with them coming into the system and getting a fair allocation of what they are entitled to. Your argument appears to suggest it's better they remain outside a fair system and instead get guaranteed tickets from the 'football family' instead of having their application reviewed and approved or declined on the basis of their previous attendance.

Under a fair system they would get what they are entitled to - currently they claim a ticket someone else should be entitled to.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Apart from the unfairness of giving tickets out to fair weather supporters and piss heads over for the sign song is that it's actually counter productive in so many ways. These fair weather fans don't generate the same support and noise for the team that regular away supporters do and the piss heads are effecting the reputation of Irish fans.

Simple solution is increase the allocation to Fans Direct and Supporters Club to 70%. Keeps all the fans happy, builds good relations between the fans and the FAI, keeps the reputation of the fans intact and most importantly ensures there's real noise and support for the Irish team in the ground.

but then wont these fair weather fans become members of these and after a while will filter in to the system anyway and meet criteria set out thus cutting the amount of tickets available.

They could, but how many of these are going to go to the more out-of-the-way places like Kazakhstan, Ukraine etc to build up their FD points for the big games (yes, I know there'll be points harvesters among them so the FAI need to start doing % ticket collections more often for the less glamorous games to catch them out - and wait until after the application deadline has closed to announce it). They'd soon get the message that you need to earn the big-game tickets through loyalty and not through 'contacts'.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
randydaza View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randydaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:26am
Got back from Copenhagen yesterday. Overall I enjoyed the trip, and Copenhagen as a city was fantastic. It was my first away, and I knew I wasn't going to get a ticket when I booked. I'm at the bottom of the ladder and glad everyone who should get sorted did, although the ticketing allocation system does need to be sorted out and FairPlay to the lads on here doing their best communicating this to the FAI.

I actually got a ticket in the Danish section, and got in hassle free and before hand I would've given my left ball to be in the Irish section, however from fairly early on it was clear the atmosphere was brutal down there and reading people's comments on here I'm not surprised why. Shocking that there were so many first timers there, when I was chatting to a fella with 5 aways in the Dubliner who was fairy miffed at not getting a ticket off the FAI. Hope he got sorted over there.

I was in the Irish Rover on Friday and the carryon on of some lads was appalling. Lads outside the jacks hoovering anything and everything up their nose. My girlfriend nearly got a dig after two lads started a fight close by while I was at the bar. It's one thing doing this down in your local pub on a Saturday night, not abroad when you're repping your country ahead of our biggest game in 8 years. I enjoy a beer and sing song as much as the next lad and I won't let the experience put me off going away again. Hopefully get to meet a few lads off here on one of the smaller aways in the future.

In the meantime roll on tonight. Minutes are dragging by in work!! ybig!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:01pm

Well said.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
Agree PhilliyK, good points lad.

And also, it's clique, not click. Angry
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Well said.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm
The more time you spend looking from the outside in the more it affects you and the more you feel left out . I use to spend time looking from the outside in but since joining up I've made good friends , got and gave tickets . Loaned out my own ST for games I couldn't make . Shared rooms and even beds with lads , got info for flights , buses , trains . Bought transfers both on trains for the euros and buses organised here . Shared many a laugh and a beer and hope to do plenty more of the above over the years to come . It's not the IRA and it's open to everyone and just because you don't see eye to eye with someone on here ... it doesn't mean they are your enemy ... but it makes for healthy debate (most of the time) . Some people are just more passionate about how our country is represented abroad and in fairness there are plenty of lads on here following Ireland around the world before I was even out of nappies and have not enjoyed what they saw the weekend and previous trips from our younger following (even some older lads) .

All that's left to say is ybig

Edited by Butch - 14 Nov 2017 at 1:17pm
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

The more time you spend looking from the outside in the more it affects you and the more you feel left out . I use to spend time looking from the outside in but since joining up I've made good friends , got and gave tickets . Loaned out my own ST for games I couldn't make . Shared rooms and even beds with lads , got info for flights , buses , trains . Bought transfers both on trains for the euros and buses organised here . Shared many a laugh and a beer and hope to do plenty more of the above over the years to come . It's not the IRA and it's open to everyone and just because you don't see eye to eye with someone on here ... it doesn't mean they are your enemy ... but it makes for healthy debate (most of the time) . Some people are just more passionate about how our country is represented abroad and in fairness there are plenty of lads on here following Ireland around the world before I was even out of nappies and have not enjoyed what they saw the weekend and previous trips from our younger following (even some older lads) .

Didn't know it was that kind of website. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Didn't know it was that kind of website. 

YBIGrinder.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:14pm

Well that's it exactly. I'm entitled to disagree with the healthy majority that take issue with things I don't take issue with. 

ybig
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
You are but you particularly under your numerous profiles can't disassociate ybig as a forum from folk on here chatting about ticket systems and love to refer to them as one in the same, and the voice of Irish football therefore to use the terminology of my esteemed Co Down colleague on here -

File under WUM/Troll.

How about proving yourself not to be once in a while?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:30am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Agree PhilliyK, good points lad.

And also, it's clique, not click. Angry

Grammar Nazis, seat Nazis,
Comrades all..
Old Gill View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It's actually quite disgusting how a huge chunk of tickets ended up with fellas who don't support the team.
And then to see some being touted. The FAI really need to implement a proper scheme with the Football Family reduced to max 15 per cent.

I'd hazard a guess that a part of the problem was harvesting. Just look on this thread at how many got tickets from a regular who pulled out "at the last minute" would indicate a lot applued to keep their record up, knowing they'd shift them easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124>
  Share Topic