You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 124>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:41pm
Leicester had 3400 fans there last year in Champions League so hopefully John D will get us that 

MOD EDIT: Post edited due to inappropriate content. DO NOT POST STUFF THAT CAN GET THE SITE IN TROUBLE.

Edited by rolo - 18 Oct 2017 at 5:16pm
A Nation holds its breath
Sponsored Links

LongBallToLong View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBallToLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm
Anyone have any idea about the Danish General Sale? Have a ST and was at the Euros and Wales but want to guarantee myself a ticket
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:52pm
There were 5 in my group to Cardiff and I'm the only one going to Copenhagen so far. Lack of funds is the reason being cited. Not, repeat NOT, my lack of soundness. 
El Puto Amo
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

The Thurs Ryanair flight to Copenhagen is now only €123

There are seats available on the only Copenhagen to Dublin Ryanair flight on Monday.

It's impossible to judge but after the crazy few hours when 2 lots of fans who are looking at flights dies down, there may be a lot less travelling than one expects.

Denmark is very expensive
It's close to Xmas

Ive already been offered flights by someone who bought in the excitement but when they added up the cost of the weekend they pulled out and tried to off load €90 return flights and it took a while to do. (they were thurs to mon so some expensive 4 days inbetween)

It's so easy to post on FB etc we're off to the play off, but stumping up the €400 plus for flights and hotels and a dear city suddenly its the guts of a grand for the few days.

Yes the hard core know how to do cheap trips, find local pubs rather than expensive Irish bars etc, etc but there's not much over 1,000 of us IMO.

I would be confident the FAI will get extra tickets and have a sneaky feeling our crowd wont be as big as it seemed 24 hours ago.

Agree with a lot of this post, but if you look at the vast majority of "bandwagoners" that were on St. Mary St, they would have been 18-23. I'd be in this age bracket myself, and I know 99% of people my age wouldn't have to worry about saving money for xmas, families etc. 

I do feel we will bring quite a bit more than a lot of us expected before the draw, I know quite a few people with everything already booked and this will be their first away, not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as they don't get tickets before me. Embarrassed

I agree with your points but if people have no tickets will they take two and three flights and long layovers etc taking into account the cost ?   

The other big problem will be paddy joe mick and Ann all ordering 4 tickets from different sources indicating a massive false demand

Still its a lot better problem than what the Welsh have
I know nothing :-)
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:54pm
2 of us went to Cardiff, 3 already booked and loads more on to me. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

There were 5 in my group to Cardiff and I'm the only one going to Copenhagen so far. Lack of funds is the reason being cited. Not, repeat NOT, my lack of soundness. 

Same - I'm the only one out of 5 season ticket holders who were in Cardiff going to this. Another 2 season tickets in our group not going too
Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:01pm
Has anyone been able to get access to the away ticket portal - I have tried for the last few away games with no joy whatsoever! Entered ST a/c details etc. Ended up having to go with Abbey for the past few but have flights via Frankfurt so only need match ticket
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:41pm

There are seats available on the only Copenhagen to Dublin Ryanair flight on Monday.

It's impossible to judge but after the crazy few hours when 2 lots of fans who are looking at flights dies down, there may be a lot less travelling than one expects.

It's close to Xmas

Ive already been offered flights by someone who bought in the excitement but when they added up the cost of the weekend they pulled out and tried to off load €90 return flights and it took a while to do. (they were thurs to mon so some expensive 4 days inbetween)

It's so easy to post on FB etc we're off to the play off, but stumping up the €400 plus for flights and hotels and a dear city suddenly its the guts of a grand for the few days.

Yes the hard core know how to do cheap trips, find local pubs rather than expensive Irish bars etc, etc but there's not much over 1,000 of us IMO.

I would be confident the FAI will get extra tickets and have a sneaky feeling our crowd wont be as big as it seemed 24 hours ago.

Agree with a lot of this post, but if you look at the vast majority of "bandwagoners" that were on St. Mary St, they would have been 18-23. I'd be in this age bracket myself, and I know 99% of people my age wouldn't have to worry about saving money for xmas, families etc. 

I do feel we will bring quite a bit more than a lot of us expected before the draw, I know quite a few people with everything already booked and this will be their first away, not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as they don't get tickets before me. Embarrassed

I agree with your points but if people have no tickets will they take two and three flights and long layovers etc taking into account the cost ?   

The other big problem will be paddy joe mick and Ann all ordering 4 tickets from different sources indicating a massive false demand

That's not a problem as paddy joe and mick won't meet criteria

Bigger problem is Clubs giving tickets to mates etc
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Glen87 Glen87 wrote:

Has anyone been able to get access to the away ticket portal - I have tried for the last few away games with no joy whatsoever! Entered ST a/c details etc. Ended up having to go with Abbey for the past few but have flights via Frankfurt so only need match ticket

Portal doesnt open till noon tomorrow
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm
Two points, know 8 guys who where in Cardiff, looks like I am the only one planning on going to Denmark. Expensive, short notice etc. Ryanair have not laid on many extra flights so far.
Spoke to bro in law who lives in Copenhagen today, general sale is around the 28th he thinks. Local Polish residents bought a lot of tickets for their recent game, he said a large amount who had been drinking where refused entry in the home end, still think it's worth a shot tho.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Glen87 Glen87 wrote:

only 2 of the last 10 games had any ticket issues, what few were you talking about?
I know nothing :-)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It's close to Xmas

correct and its that uncertainty about getting a ticket that causes people to hedge their bets 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:04pm
No I’m trying to register for it and getting nothing emailed back to me. Surely the system would be automatic?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It's close to Xmas

correct and its that uncertainty about getting a ticket that causes people to hedge their bets 

One system that treats all equally would solve all these issues.

Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:43pm
Sorry should have clarified the last few that I was at - 
Wales - Sweden - Austria 

Not getting any feedback from FAI whatsoever 
tom.97 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom.97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:47pm
Any idea on how long the away ticket portal will be open for applications?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
What's with all the agreeing 10% reciprocal agreements?

It's like the Welsh fans being pissed off with the FAW for agreeing to 3500 tickets or whatever it was in Cardiff as meant less of the home fans got tickets in Cardiff in comparison to Irish home fans.

Surely the fai should be looking to agree something like 3500 for away fans for both games, an equal amount of away fans and covers demand from most (well most of the demand). Of course that is going on the assumption the Danes aren't filling nor expect to totally sell out their end of their home game.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:35am
Originally posted by tom.97 tom.97 wrote:

Any idea on how long the away ticket portal will be open for applications?

Taking a guess but I’d say Sunday night , can’t imagine it being open long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 124>
  Share Topic