You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 124>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Who says we are only getting 2000?  I'd imagine we will get 3500

Reckon? I doubt it. I'm praying but will 5000 Danes travel on a Tuesday. That will be the deciding factor. 3800 and I would be very confident. 1900 and I would be nervous as hell. 
Sponsored Links

Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:05am
Feeling a bit grim about tickets myself - 
Will possibly go for home end tickets and hopefully snag two and pass the home ones on to someone else. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
I think if we get 10%, that will cover nearly everyone who travels. The short run in time, the fact it's the 1st leg and the proximity to the Welsh game and Christmas means I can't see us having more. Not too many people have got bargains travel wise and most people don't like paying over €250/300 for flights

Hopefully the Danes go for Delaney's usual offer of ticket for ticket Smile Give us 4,000 and we'll give you 4,000
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fai-to-look-for-a-10pc-ticket-allocation-for-world-cup-playoff-but-it-will-mean-fewer-irish-fans-at-the-aviva-36239533.html

Looks like theres a bit of wheeling and dealing going to be done alright

Good news for those with 3 aways who didn't get a ticket for the game in Cardiff
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm
Doesn't look like there's much demand for flights from Denmark to Dublin on matchday. Indirect rtn coming up for €65. I'm skeptical the Danes will take up the 10% offer.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Doesn't look like there's much demand for flights from Denmark to Dublin on matchday. Indirect rtn coming up for €65. I'm skeptical the Danes will take up the 10% offer.

They might, they just won't have bums on seats LOL
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

They might, they just won't have bums on seats LOL

Id say they might meet somewhere in the middle say 7.5 % would leave us with 2850 . I would hazzard a guess that should be enough to cover regular away fans
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:42pm
Danes won't travel, won't be in their interest to agree 10%
In fairnes to Delaney, he is usually good in these situations
KeanoKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm
Lads,

Presale tickets sold out in 10 minutes this morning.

SSE Airtricity and 3 Customers must have been included also.

Does not bode well for away tickets............!! Scotland here we come

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
The Thurs Ryanair flight to Copenhagen is now only €123

There are seats available on the only Copenhagen to Dublin Ryanair flight on Monday.

It's impossible to judge but after the crazy few hours when 2 lots of fans who are looking at flights dies down, there may be a lot less travelling than one expects.

Denmark is very expensive
It's close to Xmas

Ive already been offered flights by someone who bought in the excitement but when they added up the cost of the weekend they pulled out and tried to off load €90 return flights and it took a while to do. (they were thurs to mon so some expensive 4 days inbetween)

It's so easy to post on FB etc we're off to the play off, but stumping up the €400 plus for flights and hotels and a dear city suddenly its the guts of a grand for the few days.

Yes the hard core know how to do cheap trips, find local pubs rather than expensive Irish bars etc, etc but there's not much over 1,000 of us IMO.

I would be confident the FAI will get extra tickets and have a sneaky feeling our crowd wont be as big as it seemed 24 hours ago.

Edited by greenforever - 18 Oct 2017 at 3:23pm
I know nothing :-)
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

There are seats available on the only Copenhagen to Dublin Ryanair flight on Monday.

It's impossible to judge but after the crazy few hours when 2 lots of fans who are looking at flights dies down, there may be a lot less travelling than one expects.

It's close to Xmas

Ive already been offered flights by someone who bought in the excitement but when they added up the cost of the weekend they pulled out and tried to off load €90 return flights and it took a while to do. (they were thurs to mon so some expensive 4 days inbetween)

It's so easy to post on FB etc we're off to the play off, but stumping up the €400 plus for flights and hotels and a dear city suddenly its the guts of a grand for the few days.

Yes the hard core know how to do cheap trips, find local pubs rather than expensive Irish bars etc, etc but there's not much over 1,000 of us IMO.

I would be confident the FAI will get extra tickets and have a sneaky feeling our crowd wont be as big as it seemed 24 hours ago.

Quite possibly the most intelligent post you have made on ybig.............are you OK?
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

It's close to Xmas

Quite possibly the most intelligent post you have made on ybig.............are you OK?

Mr H, you know me a long time now, have I ever been OK LOLLOL
I know nothing :-)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:54pm

It's close to Xmas

Good post. All reasonable points.

How many would you estimate we'll bring?

Edited by rolo - 18 Oct 2017 at 3:54pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by KeanoKeano KeanoKeano wrote:

Lads,

Presale tickets sold out in 10 minutes this morning.

SSE Airtricity and 3 Customers must have been included also.

Does not bode well for away tickets............!! Scotland here we come

I'd have said it's good news for away tickets! They're holding back tickets in case they're needed for a deal with the Danes
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm
Indo are reporting that Delaney is looking for 10% away allocation and it will be announced over the next day or two. We'd give the Danes 10% too
Danger here, OH NO
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm
Agree with GF, won't be as many as the hysteria yesterday suggested but will still be 4k I reckon
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:28pm

It's close to Xmas

Agree with a lot of this post, but if you look at the vast majority of "bandwagoners" that were on St. Mary St, they would have been 18-23. I'd be in this age bracket myself, and I know 99% of people my age wouldn't have to worry about saving money for xmas, families etc. 

I do feel we will bring quite a bit more than a lot of us expected before the draw, I know quite a few people with everything already booked and this will be their first away, not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as they don't get tickets before me. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 124>
  Share Topic