You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 158>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Cheers Conor. We'll get an early train so we're there by the afternoon. 

Only 20k seater stadium in Aarhus. You'd think the Danes wouldn't risk such a low capacity given it's a competitive game. 

Hopefully we have something to play for going into that final game. 

are you not able to add supporters ?

-10/10 for that effort grumpy chops LOL

ConfusedConfusedConfused

maybe this post will help from the Poland thread

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

there is a few of us going, most won't be able to apply for tickets as they are not members of the FAI, now I know they will pick up tickets over there but how can I apply for extra tickets under my account as at the moment it only allowed me to apply for one.

You’ll need to add profiles of each of the people your applying for to your account . But they should be able to set up There own accounts you don’t need to be a member of the fai . If there thinking ok going to games regularly setting up there own personal accounts is probably a better option 

Huh? You've lost me. 

I'm saying they've picked a stadium with a pretty low capacity so tickets could (probably not likely) be an issue. 

Crossed wires thought you said you had a few more going but could only get a few tickets 

Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 11:13am
Anyone stayed in Aarhus before and know what's best area of city to stay in for nightlife and easy access to stadium and airport? Thanks. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by eaststand85 eaststand85 wrote:

Anyone stayed in Aarhus before and know what's best area of city to stay in for nightlife and easy access to stadium and airport? Thanks. 

And don't forget what the pick pocketing situation is like
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 6:38pm

From memory we walked everywhere, its a small place, think we stayed in the Scandic Plaza and drank in a small Irish Bar tir na nog 

Probably only 200/309 at it.
I know nothing :-)
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

From memory we walked everywhere, its a small place, think we stayed in the Scandic Plaza and drank in a small Irish Bar tir na nog 

Cheers, thanks. Saw Tir Na Nog and Waxies are close together so sounds like that's the main area for nightlife? Will take a look around there for accommodation.

*Had a look for Scandic Plaza but appears to have shut down.

Edited by eaststand85 - 20 Jul 2018 at 7:27pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 7:44pm

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Cheers, thanks. Saw Tir Na Nog and Waxies are close together so sounds like that's the main area for nightlife? Will take a look around there for accommodation.

*Had a look for Scandic Plaza but appears to have shut down.

Try the wakeup?    Think that's what we have booked 
I know nothing :-)
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:53pm
See the Ryanair direct flight up over €300. What was it initially when it was released? 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

See the Ryanair direct flight up over €300. What was it initially when it was released? 
€99.99 each way
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sham1921 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sham1921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 2:52pm
good price 99.00 euro 
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:16pm
Just booked an Airbnb with free cancellation for this. Pleasantly surprised at how cheap most of them were, considering it's Denmark.  Hotels on the other hand...

I'm guessing we expect to sell the allocation for this? Although it'll likely depend a bit on whether we've anything to play for going into the game.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:21pm
New season ticket holder here, chances of getting a ticket for this even though it's a Monday night, small enough allocation. Cheers 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

New season ticket holder here, chances of getting a ticket for this even though it's a Monday night, small enough allocation. Cheers 

Doubt it'll be an issue.
Danger here, OH NO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Likely have a section on your own if your want 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:06pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Just booked an Airbnb with free cancellation for this. Pleasantly surprised at how cheap most of them were, considering it's Denmark.  Hotels on the other hand...

I'm guessing we expect to sell the allocation for this? Although it'll likely depend a bit on whether we've anything to play for going into the game.

Doubt it. The allocation should be maybe around 1000 (holds just under 20K, presuming 5%) and so far, Ryanair have put on a single direct flight over & back, which still has seats available. If that's full (roughly 180)- I really don't see another 800 showing up.  Nobody will really know if we have anything much to play for at the time as the finalisation of the Euro League won't come in to play until over a year afterwards, after the qualifiers have taken place in 2019. 

It's something of an abstract prize in that even finishing top means we will play in League 1 a year and a half later, and be in a playoff spot in March 2020 should we not qualify for the Euros through the regular process. Then there is the consideration that not finishing in top spot doesn't mean we are ruled out of those same playoffs either, so one way or another, there isn't anything immediate at stake. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Doubt it. The allocation should be maybe around 1000 (holds just under 20K, presuming 5%) and so far, Ryanair have put on a single direct flight over & back, which still has seats available. If that's full (roughly 180)- I really don't see another 800 showing up.  Nobody will really know if we have anything much to play for at the time as the finalisation of the Euro League won't come in to play until over a year afterwards, after the qualifiers have taken place in 2019. 

It's something of an abstract prize in that even finishing top means we will play in League 1 a year and a half later, and be in a playoff spot in March 2020 should we not qualify for the Euros through the regular process. Then there is the consideration that not finishing in top spot doesn't mean we are ruled out of those same playoffs either, so one way or another, there isn't anything immediate at stake. 

Good point, I was more just thinking in terms of having a chance of winning the group! Which might be more trouble than it's worth, not much to be gained from getting battered in League A.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 7:27am

Good point, I was more just thinking in terms of having a chance of winning the group! Which might be more trouble than it's worth, not much to be gained from getting battered in League A.

Actually it does. Topping our group gives us a good back up plan to qualify for Euro 2020 if the group goes pearshaped. Plus the ranking boost gives us a higher seeding for the next group stages. More importantly though being in Group A makes it much easier to qualify for Euro 2024, since there's a spot reserved for Group A teams who don't qualify from the group stages, and it's likely most if not all will
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 7:44am

Doubt it will sell out myself - ohh what a difference a year makes, must be hard times for the Football family which have done a Lord Lucan 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 158>
  Share Topic