You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 158>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:43am
I’m booked on one of the direct flight with Ryanair must get around to booking a way there but in no panic to do so as there is a few decent options
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I’m booked on one of the direct flight with Ryanair must get around to booking a way there but in no panic to do so as there is a few decent options

Dublin, London Standsted on the Sunday was a good price a few weeks back. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:37pm

Dublin - Gdansk - Aarhus on 18th November is €54.

Depart Dublin 6.40 Arrive Aarhus 16.20, with nearly 5 hour layover in Gdansk (Scoops)

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 11:49am
Lads im in eindhoven til the monday of this game does any one know the best way to aarhaus from there,was thinking train to amsterdam and fly from there but have to go via copenhagen. 
superdave can i get a train to aarhaus from holland?
thanks in advance
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Lads im in eindhoven til the monday of this game does any one know the best way to aarhaus from there,was thinking train to amsterdam and fly from there but have to go via copenhagen. 
thanks in advance

No Direct trains : Would be approx 12 hours and 4 changes if you did want to do it. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:02pm

thanks in advance
Go to google.

Type 'Eindhoven to Aarhus train'

Sorted.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

thanks in advance
Go to google.

Sorted.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:31pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:40pm

thanks in advance
Go to google.

Sorted.

did that and it was over 10 hours journey, soooooo as this forum is useful for info i thought id give it a try on here.
ta for you input gary.Thumbs Up
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:46pm
I thought this was a thread for Travel and Accommodation Information ?? Why the smart comment everyone asks questions about genuine queries about how to get to games that's the idea of the forum we all do it. I find Superdave and other posters information far more easier to understand than any of the websites. There could also be strikes or different schedules that run at different times of the year as we regularly see across European Rails so you where right to ask here Greenlad Thumbs Up.

Edited by irelandfan - 28 Jun 2018 at 12:51pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 2:25pm

thanks in advance
Go to google.

Sorted.

did that and it was over 10 hours journey, soooooo as this forum is useful for info i thought id give it a try on here.
LOLThumbs Up
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 4:37pm

thanks in advance
Go to google.

Sorted.

07:50

08:05
FR 9272
EindhovenLondon Stansted
from€ 19.99

11:20

14:00
FR 712
London StanstedAarhus
£ 41.81
Save£ 4.18
from£ 37.63

So via Stanstead for about €75

Edited by greenforever - 28 Jun 2018 at 4:48pm
I know nothing :-)
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

thanks in advance
Go to google.

Sorted.

07:50

08:05
FR 9272
EindhovenLondon Stansted
from€ 19.99

11:20

14:00
FR 712
London StanstedAarhus
£ 41.81
Save£ 4.18
from£ 37.63

So via Stanstead for about €75

Few people on that Standsted flight out 
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
Try The Man in Seat 61 - great for train links and advice
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 11:46pm

thanks in advance

You can get a cheap early morning flight with Transavia from Eindhoven to CPH (€ 25) and train it from there to Aarhus. if ya can't do the early morning flight yer kind of screwed & looking at 2 flights, probably the option GF posted earlier. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 5:54pm
Seeing as you are in Eindhoven til the Monday morning, I'd say no. The time seriously limits the overland option.

If you are able to get a train or bus from Eindhoven to Dusseldorf on Sunday evening, however, you can go overland from there. This is an option, if you can leave Eindhoven on Sunday evening:

Deutsche Bahn IC Bus, €19.99: Eindhoven 21:20 to 22:55 Dusseldorf (book on www.bahn.com)
Night in Dusseldorf
Flixtrain €9.99: Dusseldorf 07:27 to 11:27 Hamburg (book on www.flixtrain.de)
DSB train €29.90: Hamburg 14:50 to 19:14 Aarhus (book on www.bahn.com)

The only issue is that that arrives in very tight on time for the match, 90 minutes beforehand. Plenty of time for lunch in Hamburg and to stock up for cans on the train, all the same. There are alternative trains, with changes, that might get you there quicker; they leave 12:43 arrive Aarhus 17:43, but include two more changes. I'd almost rather just get the direct train at 14:50.

There are other options: Amsterdam to Billund with KLM then a direct bus from there; also Amsterdam to Aalborg and even Amsterdam to Aarhus, with a change in Copenhagen. They are a bit more expensive though.

Having said all that, the route above from Greenforever via Stansted is liable to be the best (just make sure you spell Stansted properly, because it seems no one on here can).... or that route via Copenhagen with Transavia. It could be the handiest of the lot and the cheapest, even if it is a very early start.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 02 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:32pm
What's the consensus for where to stay? Thinking Copenhagen the night before the game and then Aalborg night of the game
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:59am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

What's the consensus for where to stay? Thinking Copenhagen the night before the game and then Aalborg night of the game

Why when the game is in Aarhus?

Its a great place, great memories from our last visit.
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 158>
  Share Topic