Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 158>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

also lads. it is wild expensive out there. paying the extra for flights for a shorter stay would be a good shout if you want to save a few quid

It is, and its scary some of the prices mentioned. but I got flights for €46 return and four nites accomm for about 80. So thinking that 125€ for all that is worth the trade off of it being expensive for the four days. Plus i really wanted to visit Copenhagen and get to see it properly. The dream draw all round!

Edited by rolo - 17 Oct 2017 at 4:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm

Have also booked the Cabinn Scandanavia !!

Stayed there about 8 years ago! Grand spot, rooms are cosy!
brendy_éire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:11pm
On the Friday, try DUB-POZ-MMX. Still reasonable.
City Till I Die
tougher1993 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tougher1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:12pm
Anyone booked on the Sunday morning return flight from Hamburg? 7 of us booked looking to see if anyone is running a bus or can organise one. Would probably have to leave Copenhagen at 3am after the game Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:12pm
Dublin-Frankfurt-Copenhagen 300 return
MadsV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Let me know if you need tips on Copenhagen. I am a native Smile

Direct flights to Dublin is really cheap - isn't it the same the other way around? I see people are talking about stopovers in Hamburg etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm

Vienna - Copenhagen return 168€ with Austrian airlines,get in at 9am on Saturday,leave 8pm Sunday,.

Booked a few gaffs with free cancellation before the draw was made.

That's a decent price. Free beer with Austrian as well, I imagine.

Always Clap Beer

Might pick up a bottle of Rum in duty free,chatting to my mate there,she works for the UN in Copenhagen ,said pints are about 8€ but cans are reasonable enough.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 17 Oct 2017 at 4:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:24pm
Flying Munich Copenhagen Friday am to Sunday
Flying Munich Dublin Monday night to Wednesday

Now to tell visitor from US that his training is curtailed
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:25pm
just make sure and buy the bottles of spirits in the duty free/tax free before you go 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:26pm
Took a gamble on booking Dublin - Copenhagen direct from Friday to Sunday after the draw before the date was confirmed. Had it open on Skyscanner through a third party at €200, had twenty minutes to pay, checked on the SAS website and it had already gone up to €600 by then so bought it. Been waiting for them to cancel but just had confirmation that tickets are secured and the booking is up on the SAS site when I put the details in so job looks a good un!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:27pm
Have it booked for me and the old man via gatwick on the Friday and Malmo-Stockholm Dublin on Monday for 180 each. Prices all rocketed up very quick so that wasn't too bad. Accommodation sorted too, now just to worry about tickets....
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:27pm

Cheap at the mo - Ryanair to Hamburg €28 8th-10th Nov
Train Hamburg to Copenhagen about €90

4 hour journey is some pain in the hoop though DeadLOL

But it goes onto a ferry for an hour in the middle and you get off and up onto the ferry.

That sounds mad. I was almost tempted to book to go that way because of it.

make sure and stock up in hamburg that ferry is one of the most expensive ive ever been on

went via hamburg when celtic played copenhagen in the CL a few years back 

its a sh*t journey 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm

Happy days, big gang on the Ryanair Friday direct, back direct Monday 3 nights city centre hotel €237 all in 

Either you booked that well before the draw was made or you are telling porkiesWink

or used ryanair price lock to lock 10 potential flights for €25 LOL

late night last night 
Price lock 🔐

and trapped couldn't figure out how to do it even after him ringing me at 1am, its about as easy as getting on a plane to poland or bringing a jacket home LOLLOL 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:34pm

Booked return on skyscanner Copenhagen - Manchester- Dublin on Sunday 12th.   However had to book it through Kiwi.com

Anyone ever hear of them? Am afraid they could f**k me over and raise prices even though I booked it for 170 euro

I also booked one leg using them via Gatwick, they had over 4 stars rating on Sky Scanner. 

Did I mention the ratings were out of 100 ConfusedConfusedConfusedDeadDeadDeadDead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:40pm

Booked return on skyscanner Copenhagen - Manchester- Dublin on Sunday 12th.   However had to book it through Kiwi.com

Anyone ever hear of them? Am afraid they could f**k me over and raise prices even though I booked it for 170 euro

I also booked one leg using them via Gatwick, they had over 4 stars rating on Sky Scanner. 

Did I mention the ratings were out of 100 ConfusedConfusedConfusedDeadDeadDeadDead

ye what

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

also lads. it is wild expensive out there. paying the extra for flights for a shorter stay wpuld be a good shout if you want to save a few quid

Yeah, absolutely.

If I'd been more confident in the dates, I'd have booked a Friday flight out, not a Thursday one.

If you're not booked yet, given the cost of accommodation etc, even sharing a room, I'd pay an extra €75 for a Friday flight over a Thursday one, and the same for a Sunday flight back as opposed to a Monday one (depending on flight times).

I was tempted to look at Thursday flights, but just bit the bullet and booked via Oslo on the Fruday for 150, arrive Friday at 4.20pm, flight out at 10.45. 

The extra day spending money, feeling sh*t for too much drink etc etc I reckon Friday Sunday was the correct decision 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:47pm

I've used them a few times before and have never had any problems. Should be fine. Just need to give your details to them a bit earlier so they can check you in but they'll email you about that

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Let me know if you need tips on Copenhagen. I am a native Smile

Direct flights to Dublin is really cheap - isn't it the same the other way around? I see people are talking about stopovers in Hamburg etc.

Cheers Mads. Normally I'm sure direct flights are relatively cheap but as soon as this fixture was announced you can be sure the airline companies ramped their prices up - hence trying to figure out alternative routes into Copenhagen!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 158>