You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 158>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

f**king freezing up here.bringnthe thermal jocks.

A good 9hrs boozing, neh another 2 to go on the plane, you'll be grand
Sponsored Links

Seamy1998 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seamy1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:43pm
Hi bit of a long shot,me and my girlfriend arrived in Copenhagen there and have only realised that the hostel we had booked into is currently full,even though we had both booked in advanced. All the hotels are far too expensive for us and we currently have nowhere to stay is there anyone who could put us up for a few nights,willing to pay a reasonable price thanks
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

If you've 72 Carlsberg tickets tomorrow I'll even actually give you a hug if you split them

Ive ,even more and off course I will split them

Who with is another question   
likewise but f**ked if im sharing

Did you flog Philly's tickets yesterday

Edited by greenforever - 09 Nov 2017 at 5:45pm
I know nothing :-)
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Seamy1998 Seamy1998 wrote:

Hi bit of a long shot,me and my girlfriend arrived in Copenhagen there and have only realised that the hostel we had booked into is currently full,even though we had both booked in advanced. All the hotels are far too expensive for us and we currently have nowhere to stay is there anyone who could put us up for a few nights,willing to pay a reasonable price thanks

Might suit? https://forum.ybig.ie/4-bed-room-in-generator-hostel-for-150-2-night_topic55845.html
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:18pm

Put pics of the girlfriend up and watch he offers come in ...
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:40pm

If you have an email address I can send you that lads email for the generator hostel
I know nothing :-)
Dane View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:43pm
I can see there are some wondering about various stuff in Copenhagen. 

I´m a Dane, so will give you a wee guide also regarding the game. 

- Yes the Metro runs 24/7 - it´s fully automatic. 
- S-trains, regional trains etc. also runs pretty much 24/7
- Someone wrote 15 euros for a can of beer (500 ml) - sure the tourists pay for that or people dumb enough to buy them in 7eleven. Go for instance to "Netto" and you can get bottle beers all the way down to 40 cent. 
- Beware!! of the bicycles
- Beware!! of the quite many eastern european pickpocketers
- Copenhagen is filled with tourists, so don´t expect to just fly off and find anything decent. 
- Carlsberg Museum - yes you get a beer. 2 actually as I recall. I remember the days though when you could drink as much as you liked...
- There are several Irish-ish pubs in CPH. One to avoid and is actually a chain is "Olde Irish Pub" - it has little to do with Ireland and are a tourist trap. The Scottish and English ditto are likewise and cost a fortune
- You could also try a Danish traditional bar. Can for instance recommend Bobi-Bar and the sorrounding are where you will find great bars in the narrow streets. 
- In the smaller bars, you can smoke inside. 
- As any other city, go down the sideway for a bar. Better, cheaper and nicer
- Drink before you get to Parken stadium, as the beers there are rather expensive. 
- If you don´t have a ticket, on the townhall square there will a mega screen. There will also be a match-zone from 3 p.m. 
- Everyone speaks English. 
- There is no off-license. You can buy alcohol 24/7 all year round in the shops and yes it is completely allowed to drink outside as many do. 
- Walk out to the stadium. It´s not far and will probably take you longer if you go by bus or so, as it will be crowded
- If you can´t find a place to stay in CPH, try either Elsinore (Helsingør) or Malmö. Trains runs 24/7 to both places and are roughly 35 minutes to each - but I guess only for the really desperate
- It´s gonna be cold. Like freezing. 

Furthermore, don´t be stupid and buying a ticket at the Danish side. Irish look quite different from Danes and they will ask you questions in Danish. 
And no an irish Carlsberg is actually not at all the same as a Danish one. Try it out, however I can strongly recommend the Tuborg Xmas beer while you are at it, challenge yoursself to take a shot of "Gammel Dansk". Then you will feel all your organs and figure out what makes a Viking. 

Ask if you need any info, otherwise will see you at Parken stadium where we will swipe the floor with ya ;-)

Best wishes. 
Seamy1998 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seamy1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:44pm
A 4 bed private room is too expensive for us two,thanks v much for the offer though
Swanny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:20pm
Many Irish around lads where ??
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:23pm

A 4 bed private room is too expensive for us two,thanks v much for the offer though

I've a pal with two spare beds in a 4 person dorm for Saturday and Sunday night in the Dan Hostel on the outskirts of town if you want his details?
PM me if interested
El Puto Amo
Seamy1998 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seamy1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've a pal with two spare beds in a 4 person dorm for Saturday and Sunday night in the Dan Hostel on the outskirts of town if you want his details?
PM me if interested

Thanks v much how do I pm you?? Can u pm me thanks
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Dane Dane wrote:

- Someone wrote 15 euros for a can of beer (500 ml) - sure the tourists pay for that or people dumb enough to buy them in 7eleven. Go for instance to "Netto" and you can get bottle beers all the way down to 40 cent. 
- Copenhagen is filled with tourists, so don´t expect to just fly off and find anything decent. 
- Carlsberg Museum - yes you get a beer. 2 actually as I recall. I remember the days though when you could drink as much as you liked...
- There are several Irish-ish pubs in CPH. One to avoid and is actually a chain is "Olde Irish Pub" - it has little to do with Ireland and are a tourist trap. The Scottish and English ditto are likewise and cost a fortune
- You could also try a Danish traditional bar. Can for instance recommend Bobi-Bar and the sorrounding are where you will find great bars in the narrow streets. 
- Drink before you get to Parken stadium, as the beers there are rather expensive. 
- If you don´t have a ticket, on the townhall square there will a mega screen. There will also be a match-zone from 3 p.m. 
- There is no off-license. You can buy alcohol 24/7 all year round in the shops and yes it is completely allowed to drink outside as many do. 
- Walk out to the stadium. It´s not far and will probably take you longer if you go by bus or so, as it will be crowded
- If you can´t find a place to stay in CPH, try either Elsinore (Helsingør) or Malmö. Trains runs 24/7 to both places and are roughly 35 minutes to each - but I guess only for the really desperate

Furthermore, don´t be stupid and buying a ticket at the Danish side. Irish look quite different from Danes and they will ask you questions in Danish. 
And no an irish Carlsberg is actually not at all the same as a Danish one. Try it out, however I can strongly recommend the Tuborg Xmas beer while you are at it, challenge yoursself to take a shot of "Gammel Dansk". Then you will feel all your organs and figure out what makes a Viking. 

Ask if you need any info, otherwise will see you at Parken stadium where we will swipe the floor with ya ;-)

Best wishes. 

Thumbs Up
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:04am

He's only charging €150 for the 3 nights.you won't get cheaper than that pal
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Lucky lady
bear View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:45am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

If you've 72 Carlsberg tickets tomorrow I'll even actually give you a hug if you split them

Ive ,even more and off course I will split them

Who with is another question   
likewise but f**ked if im sharing

Did you flog Philly's tickets yesterday

Good info thanks
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:50am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

PM me if interested

Thanks v much how do I pm you?? Can u pm me thanks

Sorry Seamy, I missed your reply. My pal sold the two spare beds in his room. Apologies. 
El Puto Amo
Seamy1998 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seamy1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Does he still have this??
PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Dane Dane wrote:

Best wishes. 

Who you callin stupid? You stupid c#nt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 158>
  Share Topic