You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 158>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Ah they're a fairly smug shower if we're honest. You often hear of Scandinavians being described as 'direct' or 'just saying it as they see it'. That's all well and good but they don't like people being  'direct' in return. 
I have never found the Scandinavians to be smug at all, they are certainly blunt though. They are generally fairly self-aware.
On the other hand, and it gives me no pleasure to say this, I find Irish people, certainly those of us under 40, to be lacking in that department and incredibly smug.

That's just my own experience though, I understand it is different for everybody.

Were you there last night? Not come across a more bunch of smug, superior feeling bunch in my life, you'd think they'd won the world cup the way they go on. But sure you'd no better having sat at home I'd imagine. 

I know this is a contrary place at the best of time but of all the counties I've visited I've found the locals to be spot on, gracious, good craic etc
Apart from the Danes, not good sports, love hurling abuse, asserting superiority and having a confrontation, not interested in having s good conversation, just talking about how much better they are, how sh*t we are, but sure that's just football banter apparently. 
You are coming across as awfully sensitive and quite emotional about it, so I think I will take your experiences with a grain or two of salt.

Stay classy 
What wasn’t ‘classy’ there? I merely pointed out that you seem to be quite sensitive, it is easy to see why based on your posts and that you may be a bit emotional about it. You try and disprove this by saying ‘stay classy’? 
If you are genuinely having a hard
 time over some fella shouting at ya, PM me and I will try to help ya. Ya seem a bit frayed! 
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Great trip, lovely city in the summer, really didn't see too much of it last time for playoff, only got in late the night before the match. Our eejit quota was well down on that playoff game, there's always drunk fans at games, and bar a few lads falling over chairs, I didn't see anything resembling the playoff game, where as eireland pointed out above, the majority of our crowd were incoherent zombies or corpses.

w**kers throwing beer a good 2 minutes after the Duffy celebrations had ended wasn't appreciated though, don't see the need for it, we aren't fckin English fans. Danes, ya, some of them are arrogant, but sure so what ? We got a good few ''Denmark are going to win, you are sh*t'' comments before the game, just replied ''Ya, we know'' , gave them thumbs up & moved on, they hadn't really got anything to say to that, those lads aren't looking for a debate, they are looking for a reaction, so why give it to them ? It isn't anything personal like.

Majority we met were sound and after the football talk was done, nearly all enquired were we enjoying the visit to Copenhagen, I think the majority of them are alright anyway. Spent 3 late nights/early mornings in Moose bar, grand spot, with the local clientele changing by the hour, tis a bit of a mental oul spot. Any pub showing a subtitled version of the Big Lebowski on loop at 4.30am is OK by me anyway. 7.40am Saturday morning is when they stopped serving, just in case anyone is interested......

That sounds like a great spot.LOL
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Was a brilliant trip helped by the decent weather and great result. 

Met some absolute head the balls but the vast majority of Irish fans are brilliant representatives of our country while away. 

It felt like the celebrations in the away end for Duffy’s goal were some of the most hectic in a while, I’ll put that down to the fact that we are all frustrated by not scoring against the Danes and it was brilliant to finally get a chance to shut them up. 

Fields of Athenry, while not my favorite song, got a few brilliant renditions throughout the game. 

Agreed. Think it was a huge sigh of relief to finally score away from home against them. 

On another note, EasyJet flight from Gatwick was delayed fir over two hours. Good few lans missed their connection flight. Few lads managed to book themselves into another flight while on the delayed flight. Others weren't so fortunate

There were two lads beside me on that flight back to Gatwick who had missed their connection over the delay. But to make things worse they had booked another flight back to Dublin at 7 and we didn't get into Gatwick until 6.30 so likely they would have missed that as well. Saw loads of lads running for that flight.

Overall a grand trip to Copenhagen. Good atmosphere at the game and celebrations for Duffy's goal were class Clap

just hit the fecking thing
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Got the train from the old Irish pub to the airport... no world of a lie I work up in Sweden Confused from the best away trip ever to an absolute mare.. working at 10 am
Did you make it home? 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:35pm

Ah they're a fairly smug shower if we're honest. You often hear of Scandinavians being described as 'direct' or 'just saying it as they see it'. That's all well and good but they don't like people being  'direct' in return. 
I have never found the Scandinavians to be smug at all, they are certainly blunt though. They are generally fairly self-aware.
On the other hand, and it gives me no pleasure to say this, I find Irish people, certainly those of us under 40, to be lacking in that department and incredibly smug.

That's just my own experience though, I understand it is different for everybody.

Were you there last night? Not come across a more bunch of smug, superior feeling bunch in my life, you'd think they'd won the world cup the way they go on. But sure you'd no better having sat at home I'd imagine. 

I know this is a contrary place at the best of time but of all the counties I've visited I've found the locals to be spot on, gracious, good craic etc
Apart from the Danes, not good sports, love hurling abuse, asserting superiority and having a confrontation, not interested in having s good conversation, just talking about how much better they are, how sh*t we are, but sure that's just football banter apparently. 
You are coming across as awfully sensitive and quite emotional about it, so I think I will take your experiences with a grain or two of salt.

Stay classy 
What wasn’t ‘classy’ there? I merely pointed out that you seem to be quite sensitive, it is easy to see why based on your posts and that you may be a bit emotional about it. You try and disprove this by saying ‘stay classy’? 
 time over some fella shouting at ya, PM me and I will try to help ya. Ya seem a bit frayed! 

Nvidic stay at home next time mate. Ur nearly as boring as D69 travel blogs 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:45pm
You would know you weren't from Dublin! They only shout 'I love your shoes' at ya in Dublin!
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:46pm
Great trip altogether. Thought the Danes were sound and sure if they give ya abuse u give it back just as good. All harmless!

Stretchryan FamilyGuy and another anonymous auld soul resulted in a great matchday experience. spunk bar, some random pizza place, cans on street, fellas falling all over the gaff for the goal and then to moose bar for a few white russians, 4am taxi to airport, more pints, some anonymous auld soul pants failing down around his ankles while boarding the plane, few pints then with KC and the lads in stansted, then to PUC last night for hurling and about 10 pints of stout. 

f**king in ribbons today but wouldn't change a bit of it. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Stay classy 

Nvidic stay at home next time mate. Ur nearly as boring as D69 travel blogs 

But nowhere near as boring as cultivating an 'edgy' internet persona. Wink
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:18pm
Good trip - weather was decent, decent bunch of Irish supporters about with a welcome absence of the complete bandwagoneers this time around. The Danish fans are alright to have a chat and a laugh with, albeit I was surprised that the majority were predicting 3-0, 4-0 wins for the Danes... seemed a bit misplaced. Football was a marked improvement on Aarhus which wasn't going to be too difficult to be fair. Always nice to actually see us get an away goal also. ll in all it was a decent trip.
Keogh99 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keogh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:43pm

Edited by Keogh99 - 09 Jun 2019 at 3:11pm
Keogh99 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Keogh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:45pm
I was on the easyjet to Gatwick which landed at 6:30. We made the 7:00 ryanair to dublin! don’t ask me how but we did. It was carnage, about 10/12 irish lads sprinting through duty free, gas stuff. Flight left at 7:30. A few other lads didnt think they’d make it so booked a later flight from heathrow
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:16pm
Good trip. The result better play and weather helped.
The Eiffel yet again l was good as were Canal Bodega and Staerkodder.
All cheap cheerful and friendly.

Edited by BohsinMunich - 09 Jun 2019 at 2:16pm
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:48pm
Have to say I've got nothing but good things to say about the Danes after that trip. All interactions we had we're pleasant, some great conversations with locals in the area in front of The Dubliner. A Danish lad actually hopped into our taxi away from the stadium and then wouldn't let us pay for it. A sound bunch of lads.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 3:36pm
Yeah, I thought the Danes were a grand bunch. The only slightly odd thing was how many people did not know the match was even on. My two highlights of the trip were the goal, and my mate acting out the video to New Order's True Faith when it was blasting out out in Moose Bar .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:08pm
Fair enough all right and maybe we were unlucky with getting it every few mins and lads getting aggro and following us, was still a good trip and once you get off the beaten track a bit bars are good craic.

Everyone I talked to there seemed to think they were a bunch of pricks too but we stayed clear of the Irish bars and the likes so maybe a different experience. 

@PM, simply relaying my experience, which seems to have been different to others, don't see why you feel that emotional and to dismiss to because of that.

Edited by nvidic - 09 Jun 2019 at 4:12pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:15pm

Fair enough all right and maybe we were unlucky with getting it every few mins and lads getting aggro and following us, was still a good trip and once you get off the beaten track a bit bars are good craic.

Everyone I talked to there seemed to think they were a bunch of pricks too but we stayed clear of the Irish bars and the likes so maybe a different experience. 

@PM, simply relaying my experience, which seems to have been different to others, don't see why you feel that emotional and to dismiss to because of that.

If you are getting more abuse from Strangers than you are from your mates you need new mates 
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If you are getting more abuse from Strangers than you are from your mates you need new mates 

As much abuse as I get from my mates, it's not every two mins! 

Think reading over people's message we just had a different experience, in different areas and bars etc, I've no issue with a but of craic but what annoyed me was getting it frequently and semi threateningly, one the lads saying after I left the police came in to tell the Danes to leave it off. Another lad above said he had to leave the bar because of it.

Glad we were in the minority as t least

Edited by nvidic - 09 Jun 2019 at 4:21pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:26pm
The word flake springs to mind on and off here LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 158>
  Share Topic