You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 158>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Anyone on the Dublin to London (Stansted) 06:25 1hr 25min 07:50 and then the London (Stansted) 09:00 1hr 45min 11:45 to Copenhagen flight?

I've approx 70 mins to get on the next flight and starting to think I may not make it.

I’ve gone for the later option for fear of not making the connection.

Dublin 8:20 - Stansted 9:40. 
Stansted 13:10 - Copenhagen 15:55.

You might be ok but I didn’t fancy risking the earlier flights. 
Sponsored Links

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:52pm
Doin that one also
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:11pm
There's langers loads of us on that 13:10 flight from Stansted to Copenhagen. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:14pm

Anyone on the Dublin to London (Stansted) 06:25 1hr 25min 07:50 and then the London (Stansted) 09:00 1hr 45min 11:45 to Copenhagen flight?

I've approx 70 mins to get on the next flight and starting to think I may not make it.
Really touch and go HB we managed a 55 minute turn around coming back from Poland but said we would never chance it again .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Really touch and go HB we managed a 55 minute turn around coming back from Poland but said we would never chance it again .

Aye murph but you had go through passport control pretty sure you don’t do it dublin to uk 

If on time you shoukd be alright just but I wouldn’t hang around and likely get a fast pass for security 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Aye murph but you had go through passport control pretty sure you don’t do it dublin to uk 

If on time you shoukd be alright just but I wouldn’t hang around and likely get a fast pass for security 
Last few times I've flown into Stansted from Dublin, I was able to use the 'UK & Ireland arrivals' route which took me straight into the baggage reclaim hall and bypass passport control so that should speed things up a bit.
Buying a security fast-track pass to get through to departures as suggested by NR would be a good idea as well though, to make absolutely sure you make your onward flight as the queue for security at Stansted can often be horrendous.

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Last few times I've flown into Stansted from Dublin, I was able to use the 'UK & Ireland arrivals' route which took me straight into the baggage reclaim hall and bypass passport control so that should speed things up a bit.
Buying a security fast-track pass to get through to departures as suggested by NR would be a good idea as well though, to make absolutely sure you make your onward flight as the queue for security at Stansted can often be horrendous.

Security isn't too bad thur afternoon when I usually fly not sure what the morning is like though
Do you not have to go through aPassport check on the way out  (if flying from UK to mainland Europe, you do if leaving mainland europe ) I genuienly cant recall
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

Rang the ticket office and got two cat 1 tickets for 60 each. AFAIK it's still behind the goal in away section

Did they say if it collection or if they're being posted out?

Any word on this?
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:11am

i get in 5 min later than you from Cork and out on that flight to copenhagen LOL

will be a battle of the fittest to get out and through security again. Is john boy on that flight with you? 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:16am
Anyone rang the Ticket Office this morning?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

i get in 5 min later than you from Cork and out on that flight to copenhagen LOL

will be a battle of the fittest to get out and through security again. Is john boy on that flight with you? 

actually a quick look on flight radar, states that both cork and dublin flights usually get in 20 min earlier. be grand! 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:34am
Weather forecast predicting a steady 19 degrees with sunshine. Perfect weather for drinking cans in the park.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:55am

actually a quick look on flight radar, states that both cork and dublin flights usually get in 20 min earlier. be grand! 

The pain in the hole with Stansted is the fact that there's no "flight connections" route once you land, meaning you have to drag your arse out of the baggage area, into arrivals and back in thru security. The fast track helps and the time of the flight means it should be a bit quieter after the early morning rush. B
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Weather forecast predicting a steady 19 degrees with sunshine. Perfect weather for drinking cans in the park.

i'd like to welcome Jean Byrne to YBIG Clap
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:28am

i'd like to welcome Jean Byrne to YBIG Clap

I was hoping to keep my identity secret for a while, but that is a lovely welcome, thank you.
Eusebio View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eusebio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:41am
2 lads can't travel now.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:46am

2 weeks out ? if it was 2 days out I might have more faith in it
Eusebio View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eusebio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Originally posted by Eusebio Eusebio wrote:

Have 2 spare tickets for this game at €48.50 per ticket if anyone is interested?

How do you end up with spares?

2 lads can't travel now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 158>
  Share Topic