You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 158>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by bren2001 bren2001 wrote:

How long does it usually take to allocate the tickets?
It varies - But I'd say if you allow two weeks then it'll probably give you a realistic expectation 
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Any idea how many applications?

Be surprised to break 1200 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

With all the stuff going on at the minute, had just been reading the main forum. Flights and hotel booked ages ago... and just missed the deadline for ticket applications by an hour Cry

Assume not too late to email an application into the TO or are they fairly strict on the deadline?

My email from FAI said portal was open until Sunday 20th at midnight.
When I went to apply at 11.30 on Sunday night it said it was closed. Turns out that Saturday was the 20th.
I stated this in the email I sent them. Still haven't heard anything back from them yet.
Why would they close it on a Saturday night of a Bank Holiday? I'm guessing that no one would have been in the office until Tuesday anyway.    
The dark side.. And the light
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

With all the stuff going on at the minute, had just been reading the main forum. Flights and hotel booked ages ago... and just missed the deadline for ticket applications by an hour Cry

Assume not too late to email an application into the TO or are they fairly strict on the deadline?

My email from FAI said portal was open until Sunday 20th at midnight.
When I went to apply at 11.30 on Sunday night it said it was closed. Turns out that Saturday was the 20th.
I stated this in the email I sent them. Still haven't heard anything back from them yet.
Why would they close it on a Saturday night of a Bank Holiday? I'm guessing that no one would have been in the office until Tuesday anyway.    

Today is the deadline for football family so they obviously are still doing applications. Ring them I'd suggest.
Danger here, OH NO
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:15am
Give them a call and get it sorted. I asked for a ticket for the Natons League game in Aarhus maybe 3 weeks after closing and got sorted.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:50pm
Called the ticket office today looking for two tickets and they said I should get sorted. Assuming we haven’t sold allocation for this. 

I haven’t booked anything as of yet but at the moment it looks like a flight to Hamburg (from Dublin) and a train to Copenhagen is the best bet. Should come in at under €250. Anyone got any cheaper recommendations?  
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Called the ticket office today looking for two tickets and they said I should get sorted. Assuming we haven’t sold allocation for this. 

I haven’t booked anything as of yet but at the moment it looks like a flight to Hamburg (from Dublin) and a train to Copenhagen is the best bet. Should come in at under €250. Anyone got any cheaper recommendations?  

Dublin- Stansted- Copenhagen . Thursday

Copenhagen train to Gothenberg and fly home to Dublin. Saturday 

Around €190

Edited by Lansdown Roar - 24 Apr 2019 at 1:03pm
They've only gone and done it
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:19pm
Anyone based around London that still to book for this it's possible to fly from southend to copenhagen for €26 return
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Anyone based around London that still to book for this it's possible to fly from southend to copenhagen for €26 return

Image result for funny old plane
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Dublin- Stansted- Copenhagen . Thursday

Copenhagen train to Gothenberg and fly home to Dublin. Saturday 

Around €190

Not bad. 

Just out of interest how long do you plan on giving yourself to make your connecting flight in London? 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:53pm
Well I'm on 08.20 flight Dublin to Stansted and the Stansted Copenhagen flight is not until 13.10 so that's more than enough time.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:04pm

Well I'm on 08.20 flight Dublin to Stansted and the Stansted Copenhagen flight is not until 13.10 so that's more than enough time.

Ah that’s perfect. May book this way myself, thanks for your help. 

The Gothenburg flights are very cheap. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Image result for funny old plane
LOLLOLLOL

Flights are with Ryanair too
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 1:23pm
I got:

Thursday- Dublin - Stanstead 08:20 - 09:40 Ryanair
Ststd- Copenhagen 13:10- 15:55 Ryanair

Saturday Copen- Stsd 12:20 - 13:10 SAS
Stsd- Dublin 17:05- 18:30 Ryanair

All coming to €183. Literally just checked all those flights this afternoon and its still only €188 booking each individual flight so might be worth a punt!!

Edited by Robsham1 - 25 Apr 2019 at 1:55pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 11:42am
Hopefully we get an idea of the number of applications sometime next week if they're not too busy with the u17 Euros.

Would to know do i have to go down alternative routes for a ticket 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm

Hopefully we get an idea of the number of applications sometime next week if they're not too busy with the u17 Euros.

Would to know do i have to go down alternative routes for a ticket 
Somehow doubt you'll have to worry about the alternative ticket route 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm
Anyone know any decent spots to pull an all nighter in Copenhagen? Getting the 7.15 flight to Stansted on Saturday morning and then onto Cork for the Munster Hurling match between Waterford and Cork. One particular poster who will remain nameless recommended a particular bar down by the train station where the pints are €5 but they charge you another €5 for the barmaid to pull the pint with her gowl. Be grand for 2 or 3 I suppose 

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 26 Apr 2019 at 12:48pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Anyone know any decent spots to pull an all nighter in Copenhagen? Getting the 7.15 flight to Stansted on Saturday morning and then onto Cork for the Munster Hurling match between Waterford and Cork. One particular poster who will remain nameless recommended a particular bar down by the train station where the pints are €5 but they charge you another €5 for the barmaid to pull the pint with her gowl. Be grand for 2 or 3 I suppose 

All sounds a bit distasteful and I imagine the type of people you would attract would not be the type of people you would want to spend much time around. So I'd be skipping the Hurling and staying in that bar......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 158>
  Share Topic