You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 158>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:00am
Booked flights Thursday to Sunday.  

Might try an Air BnB for accommodation.  

Copenhagen in June is a totally different city to what it is in November. 

It’s a pity we have had Stockholm and Copenhagen twice in winter/early spring months 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
Dub to Stansted to Copenhagen Return Thursday to Saturday 140 quid. Staying in the Cabinn Scandinavia 200 quid for 2 nights. It's mad what 90 mins of decent football against Georgia can do LOL.I was adamant I wasn't going back for 3rd time in three years I hated Copenhagen the first time round least favourite trip and felt the same about aarhus but here we go again. 

Edited by irelandfan - 28 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
ChampagneFever View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChampagneFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Dub to Stansted to Copenhagen Return Thursday to Saturday 140 quid. Staying in the Cabinn Scandinavia 200 quid for 2 nights. It's mad what 90 mins of decent football against Georgia can do LOL.I was adamant I wasn't going back for 3rd time in three years I hated Copenhagen the first time round least favourite trip and felt the same about aarhus but here we go again. 

Booked the same route myself, but flying through Edinburgh on way home. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Booked flights Thursday to Sunday.  

Might try an Air BnB for accommodation.  

Copenhagen in June is a totally different city to what it is in November. 

It’s a pity we have had Stockholm and Copenhagen twice in winter/early spring months 

Yeah looking forward to visiting the city when its not dark most of the day LOL

Reckon we might have maybe 2k at this then, it's the ideal game along with georgia away to get onto the away game ladder if someone isn't on it already.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:06am
Abbey travel - 2 nights and ticket €369pp
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:10am
There will be a lot more than 2,000 heading to Copenhagen the bandwagon is up and running again. Biggest problem will be the cost of accommodation which is nuts there. We’re over Thursday to Sunday so hopefully might see some Of the city now.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There will be a lot more than 2,000 heading to Copenhagen the bandwagon is up and running again. Biggest problem will be the cost of accommodation which is nuts there. We’re over Thursday to Sunday so hopefully might see some Of the city now.
All well and good but they won't have the record to get tickets, i know alot of lads who plan on going as their first game, soon see how they get on

Edited by wanderer - 28 Mar 2019 at 11:19am
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:19am
2 from 2 & a bit of the feel good factor back on top of a Friday night game will also certainly entice a few of those who were maybe unsure about travelling to make the trip now I think however our allocation (c2k??) should easily cover all travelling support IMO. 

Would be very surprised if we took greater numbers than our allocation. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
38k capacity. we'll get above the 5% allocation I'd imagine. Anyone with a half decent record will get a ticket. It's their first home game of the campaign so there'll be a good crowd at it
Danger here, OH NO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:22am
Our allocation for this will be 1,900 under normal circumstances : There were at least 1000 in Gib so I'd expect us to fill our allocation for this game. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Our allocation for this will be 1,900 under normal circumstances : There were at least 1000 in Gib so I'd expect us to fill our allocation for this game. 

Would expect us to be offered more than 1900, i'd say if we want it we'll have the whole back end 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:39am
I’d expect at least 2000 anyway. A lot of people are going to this as their first away game plus a lot have booked after the last two results. Great to see a buzz back again.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:44am
Hopefully the supporters that do travel aren’t like the crew that was in Copenhagen for the play off where cokeheads and pissheads ruined the trip.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Eusebio View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eusebio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:45am
Dublin to Luton booked on the Thursday 08.15am, land at 9.30am. Luton then to Copenhagen at 11.15am. Do you think that is sufficient time to transfer?

Have two nights in the Cabinn Scandinavia at €267 total between 4.

On the Saturday, we fly Copenhagen to Kaunas, Lithuania and spend the night, back direct from Dublin then on the Sunday from Kaunas.

4 Flights in total cost €130pp
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:51am
Where do people get the info from that people are going on their 1st away trip?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Where do people get the info from that people are going on their 1st away trip?

I got talking to a group of lads before the game on Tuesday night and they were going, first away for all of them. They just said they'll take their chances and see if they get tickets.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:54am

Hopefully the supporters that do travel aren’t like the crew that was in Copenhagen for the play off where cokeheads and pissheads ruined the trip.

Fingers crossed, on another note at least we're up to 65% of the allocation.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Fingers crossed, on another note at least we're up to 65% of the allocation.
Yeah didn’t enjoy Copenhagen the last time compared to most trips. Think it will be similar to Cardiff tho which was better second time around. Was about 10,000 at each but the second time in Cardiff was only 1,000 was much better craic despite the poor result. We were in a 10 man room in the Danhostel last time round. 2 of us had tickets asked the other 8 were they going to try get some they said probably not that they were just going to stay drinking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 158>
  Share Topic