You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Very enjoyable trip, international football in June is the way its meant to be, weather make it a completly different experience.

The second half of the England/Dutch game on the Thursday was a lovely warmup.

Setup around the stadium was perfect, views inside were second to none. The steepness of the stands are what we'd all love from the Aviva.

Few comments from the Danes pregame were tongue in cheek I felt "this will be zero zero again ya, ha, ha ha". Postgame, they seemed fairly humble.

Prices around the city were very mixed, once you kept to the local things you couldn't go too wrong, fancy craft stuff were the only ones we were stung for 50K+

First away since Austria, definitely looking to get to Switzerland now.

Had the same experience with them before the game, alot saying oh your here for the 0-0 but after the game some humble and some we're hyping themselves up as being better than they are and saying we didn't do anything again. 

If your looking at Switzerland I'd get that booked asap, prices from the start have been mental and only getting higher. Flights are fine it's accommodation prices really that are staggering. 

Also with 2 aways on your record could be difficult to get a ticket. Georgia would be well worth it if you could take that in. Still some reasonably priced routes.
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:07pm
Don’t take it personally lads. Football without a bit of sl*gging and mocking would be nothing.

Anyway, ones I met were good craic and took it the way it was meant when I congratulated them for robbing a point
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Don’t take it personally lads. Football without a bit of sl*gging and mocking would be nothing.

Anyway, ones I met were good craic and took it the way it was meant when I congratulated them for robbing a point

Of course, all part and parcel of football. 

One of if not the best atmosphere since Cardiff. Great trip 

Edited by wanderer - 09 Jun 2019 at 10:09pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:53am
Was only there for the Friday but a great trip - the late goal really gave the rest of the night a good buzz. Plenty of lads who didn't want to leave the stadium after and tried to keep the sing song going.
Thought it was a great atmosphere in the away end, the late 8.45 kick off definitely helps but that leads to a few ropey lads but didn't see any bad behaviour all the same! A 1-1 draw is so much better than a 0-0 when ya grab a late equaliser and it gives a bit of momentum

Spent the night in the Dubliner after the game and finished up in a karaoke bar down the road. Straight from there to an early morning flight......lots of Irish bodies in the airport using it as an AirBnB by looks of things. 

Matt Holland outside the Dubliner sipping pints with his son before the game, he was raging his ticket was for the main stand and not the away end
Simba View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:16pm
Belting trip this was. The weather and time of year made some difference to the playoff game. 20k pints in the old Irish bar went down a treat on match day. Heidis bar was also a major hit with my group. Two great nights in there. Have to say I thought the Danes were sound as a pound again, no issues with them at all, friendly and helpful. Was on the red eye flight home via Stansted on Saturday morning and can confirm there was a few zombies on board! 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Simba Simba wrote:

Belting trip this was. The weather and time of year made some difference to the playoff game. 20k pints in the old Irish bar went down a treat on match day. Heidis bar was also a major hit with my group. Two great nights in there. Have to say I thought the Danes were sound as a pound again, no issues with them at all, friendly and helpful. Was on the red eye flight home via Stansted on Saturday morning and can confirm there was a few zombies on board

i'd say there still on board. i can't for the life of me remember the flight either LOL
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm
I had a great trip I can say without a doubt the playoff game here was the worst trip I've done for a number of reasons. This time around was entirely different its like a completely different city in Summer time. Cheap enough deals in most of the pubs, Danes friendly towards me and anyone I came across. As a city the Public Transport is fantastic Metro is something else. The Stadium is a Proper ground too modern but manages to contain atmosphere something lacking in new Stadia these days. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I had a great trip I can say without a doubt the playoff game here was the worst trip I've done for a number of reasons. This time around was entirely different its like a completely different city in Summer time. Cheap enough deals in most of the pubs, Danes friendly towards me and anyone I came across. As a city the Public Transport is fantastic Metro is something else. The Stadium is a Proper ground too modern but manages to contain atmosphere something lacking in new Stadia these days. 
However public transport to and from the Parken Stadium isn't via the metro and the walk to the train station is a bit of a trek. The third metro line is almost complete which should be a massive advantage to the city. While back here metro North to Dublin Airport should be completed by 3024.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 11 Jun 2019 at 7:42pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:10pm
Managed to get a taxi after the game back to the station, €25 for what, a 3 mile ride? 

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 11 Jun 2019 at 8:18pm
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:20pm
We got the electric scooters up to the stadium. Great craic. LOL
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:09am
Unbelievable trip. One of he best I've ever been on! Fantastic city, heavy on the pocket alright but really really enjoyed it!
Here we go again
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:55am
Great trip, decided to bring the wife and make a long weekend of it. Did all the tourist stuff like boat and cycling trips, it really is a beautiful city.
A city designed for people rather than cars with a fantastic transport system and cycling culture. Feels a very safe city which puts Dublin to shame.
Sure it not cheap but if I had to choose a ideal city to live in Copenhagen would be it.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I think I seen you on TV leading the thunderclap in the Irish end. Fair play Clap
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:40am
Just looked at my transactions online...................how many f**king white Russians did I have in the Moose Ouch ah f**k it great aul trip well worth it
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Just looked at my transactions online...................how many f**king white Russians did I have in the Moose Ouch ah f**k it great aul trip well worth it

LOLLOL

exact same. it makes up for all the other trips you went on and spent f**k all LOL
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:54am
says your man who had to be dragged to the bar LOL
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:40pm
Hareide steps down as manager.
Danger here, OH NO
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Hareide steps down as manager.
Looks like they've just appointed someone to take over after this campaign, don't think he's gone yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158>
  Share Topic