You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 158>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Ah I see, first timer here. Cheers lads. I'll get my application in before the deadline, recall a few earlier on this thread saying there should be enough tickets for all applicants, fingers crossed.

Any luck with the portal since ? I can't even get through to the ticket office, wonder does putting in a London address have anything to do with it ?

Nothing since amateur stuff, any luck getting through to the ticket office?  Gonna ring later myself. It really should be straightforward but seems they make it difficult. I doubt London address matters as I've Irish address and its the same .
No luck on the phone and no reply yet to an email I sent 5 days ago ... might end up in the home end at this rate Ouch
I don't think they're gonna email us back at this stage. No idea why it isn't automatic. Impossible to get them on the phone either, is  018999500 their only number? I'd say I won't bother if I don't get this sorted haven't booked flights accom yet?
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
they will hardly have Tuborg Christmas  in June for us even Carlsberg know their product is sh*t
'Probably not the best beer in the world...' - Carlsberg changes its recipe after harsh reaction from drinkers

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
JPOD2000 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPOD2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:01pm
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m applying for tickets and just wondering if I should apply for  lower or higher value general admission tickets and what’s the difference

Edited by JPOD2000 - 17 Apr 2019 at 11:01pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:09am
Originally posted by JPOD2000 JPOD2000 wrote:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m applying for tickets and just wondering if I should apply for  lower or higher value general admission tickets and what’s the difference

Not a stupid question- apply for lower category ones. If they run out of those, they'll likely offer you higher category ones anyway. There may not even be 2 categories in reality, it's actually rare enough that we get a choice, usually we are all allocated tickets at a fixed price & that's it, regardless of what category applied for. 

That hasn't been the case in each & every game, usually on occasions where they are different, and there are different categories available, it could be seating in a different part of the ground (but you won't necessarily know what part of the ground that is at the time you apply) or a section where the view is a little better. For some games in Poland 2012, can't remember what exact stadium, lads who paid for higher price tickets were separated by about 20 yards and a fence from the riff raff in the lower cat. seats, even though they had a more or less identical view, so the higher price doesn't necessarily mean they are much better anyway. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:12am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by JPOD2000 JPOD2000 wrote:

Not a stupid question- apply for lower category ones. If they run out of those, they'll likely offer you higher category ones anyway. There may not even be 2 categories in reality, it's actually rare enough that we get a choice, usually we are all allocated tickets at a fixed price & that's it, regardless of what category applied for. 

That hasn't been the case in each & every game, usually on occasions where they are different, and there are different categories available, it could be seating in a different part of the ground (but you won't necessarily know what part of the ground that is at the time you apply) or a section where the view is a little better. For some games in Poland 2012, can't remember what exact stadium, lads who paid for higher price tickets were separated by about 20 yards and a fence from the riff raff in the lower cat. seats, even though they had a more or less identical view, so the higher price doesn't necessarily mean they are much better anyway. 

Think if you apply for
Higher priced tickets it just increases the likelihood you will be sitting beside a gullible eejit than if you don’t.  
AKA pedantic kunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:36am
The FAI get 200 higher category tickets, then the rest behind the goal. However, the higher category tickets mostly go to the likes of players wives, board members (if there are any left, har har har), fai staff, council members and various other hangers-on / VIPs. There are usually a few left over (bar sold out games, surprise surprise) which might be allocated to the lower down folk but the vast majority apply for the lower category and the vast majority get the lower category. Sure that's where all the fun is anyway.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:37pm
I click premium everytime for the craic and get lower cat every time. Was hoping for a vip box in Chisinau and Tbilisi, but ended up with the rest of the peasants behind the goal.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm
it was worth the the in Serbia lads nice and dry in those seats
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

The rest of us remained dry as well, the stadium has a roof. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:23pm
And got our balls frisked by McGs Serbian police buddies. And not tennis balls !
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:28pm

Well just about covered around 20 rows at a guess but didn't get wet .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 1:31pm
With all the stuff going on at the minute, had just been reading the main forum. Flights and hotel booked ages ago... and just missed the deadline for ticket applications by an hour Cry

Assume not too late to email an application into the TO or are they fairly strict on the deadline?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

With all the stuff going on at the minute, had just been reading the main forum. Flights and hotel booked ages ago... and just missed the deadline for ticket applications by an hour Cry

Assume not too late to email an application into the TO or are they fairly strict on the deadline?
Reckon you be grand contact by phone on Tuesday if needs be
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Has the portal closed? Wouldn't be surprised if that thing still has applications open for the play off game there.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Well just about covered around 20 rows at a guess but didn't get wet .

It was that oul type of warm rain, didn't do me bit a harm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:09pm
That night was closest ever to a match being postponed until next day! Thought Belgrade a kip.

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 21 Apr 2019 at 5:10pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

That night was closest ever to a match being postponed until next day! Thought Belgrade a kip.

Belgrade was a top spot - would go back in a shot 

Weather day before the game was perfect , walking tour was really interesting getting a view from the Serbian point of view re the war 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Belgrade was a top spot - would go back in a shot 

Weather day before the game was perfect , walking tour was really interesting getting a view from the Serbian point of view re the war 
Have to agree with yer NR Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 158>
  Share Topic