You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 158>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
Still don't trust them f**kers. 
Sponsored Links

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:03pm
It's a tidy stadium to be fair. Nice and accessible too. 
Touts Out!
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:33pm
Was a bit scruffy looking last time to be fair, lots of rubbish thrown around the place. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Was a bit scruffy looking last time to be fair, lots of rubbish thrown around the place. 
That was probably from us.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:59am
Think I'm gonna head to this. For those that were there last time, was the accommodation and pints/food as expensive as the legend goes? How would it be compared to say Paris/Vienna?
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Think I'm gonna head to this. For those that were there last time, was the accommodation and pints/food as expensive as the legend goes? How would it be compared to say Paris/Vienna?

If you want to pay a tenner a pint there are plenty of places that will charge that. There are also plenty though that charge about 6 euros a pint, which is manageable. Just google cheap bars in Copenhagen and you'll find a few spots.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:09pm

Very cheap beer in Christiania.
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:10pm
Just drank on the street last time, was no hassle, very good public toilets nearby
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Just drank on the street last time, was no hassle, very good public toilets nearby

Think the toilets in the bar's where actually worse. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Very cheap beer in Christiania.
Yep. In fact, I found Denmark quite cheap for boozing. Nearly every bar I was in was around £2/2.50 for a bottle of piss. All the local corner bars there are great craic and full of lunatics of all varieties.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:20pm
Kennedy’s Irish Bar was great the last time and prices were very reasonable only 10 mins walk from central train station.even when we went there on the way to Aarhus it was better value than the other bars in the area.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:13pm
An Irish bar abroad with reasonable prices. Madness
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

To be fair the prices in the old irish bar in Äarhus was top notch.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Next they will be making them interesting and not done to a soulless and boring template...
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:53am
If anyone was in the Irish Rover for the WC playoff (I think I was there for a while, but honestly the names are all so similar I'm not sure anymore), it's closed now, sadly the owner died and they closed up last March
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

If anyone was in the Irish Rover for the WC playoff (I think I was there for a while, but honestly the names are all so similar I'm not sure anymore), it's closed now, sadly the owner died and they closed up last March

Was that the small narrow spot? 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Was that the small narrow spot? 

I think it was. I was at a Hurling tournament in Hamburg last summer and one of the guys on the Scandinavian team, who were sponsored by that pub, told me about it and tried to describe the pub. I think it was the narrow spot with the music stage right beside the stairs, but I'm not 100% sure.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:28am
booked for this , can you go directly from airport to stadium ? the flight is a bit tight. 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 158>
  Share Topic