You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark - Nations League - General thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:44am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Thinking of getting a beer bar bike, brings you on a tour of Copenhagen while you drink pints, anyone done this before?? 7 of us also and it fits more than 14 so any more wanting in on it give us a shout we could get a couple of bikes going if we got a big crowd

How much is it? And if you neck a pint do they just keep topping you up?

I can feel a "frank the tank" moment 
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

What's the general feeling about tickets? Will there be a scramble?

Going by my own social media there's actually a lot more fans that would never go to games going to this than there was going to Wales, surprisingly.

Getting the same impression myself.

I'm expecting 5000-6000, its a World Cup play off. Were we fully anticipate and believe we will qualify. As soon as the Danish release their general sale tickets which will be in around 10,000 we'll be all over them.

Another Scotland I reckon. Great to see, best away scene I've seen as an Ireland fan was in Park Head where in every corner you looked there was tri colours Clap

Defo beats Giants Stadium, Stuttgart and Lille alright

In my experience. I did see Lille, I preferred Glasgow more hostile. I was a child in the other two I can't remember them.
Weird enough but each to their own
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:01am

Thinking of getting a beer bar bike, brings you on a tour of Copenhagen while you drink pints, anyone done this before?? 7 of us also and it fits more than 14 so any more wanting in on it give us a shout we could get a couple of bikes going if we got a big crowd

It's 5 deg on average - good luck with that
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
bear View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

[QUOTE=The White Cafu] Thinking of getting a beer bar bike, brings you on a tour of Copenhagen while you drink pints, anyone done this before?? 7 of us also and it fits more than 14 so any more wanting in on it give us a shout we could get a couple of bikes going if we got a big crowd

2 of us up for that, we get there on Thursday
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:22am
Just out of interest lads, as this game has probably come a bit soon for me to afford, I’m wondering what’s the best way to get myself up the ticket ladder for the next campaign?

I’m still in college and only working part time, but haven’t missed a home game in years - although have never bought a season ticket.

For the next campaign should I be buying a season ticket, and then trying to go to 2/3 of the cheaper aways to get myself in the door?

Thanks
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Just out of interest lads, as this game has probably come a bit soon for me to afford, I’m wondering what’s the best way to get myself up the ticket ladder for the next campaign?

I’m still in college and only working part time, but haven’t missed a home game in years - although have never bought a season ticket.

For the next campaign should I be buying a season ticket, and then trying to go to 2/3 of the cheaper aways to get myself in the door?

Thanks
There will be a couple of nations league games next Autumn cant see a problem with tickets for these unless we are in the same group as Northern Ireland and/or wales get a long to these. that should see you sorted for the start of the euro2020 qualifiers

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Tivoli amusement park closed for winter, I think.
Open all year.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:39am
Was in the Carlsberg factory last April. Pre booked tickets but they never looked for them to do the tour we just walked straight in and at the end gave our tickets to avail of the free beer. Might suit the cheapskate if you can live without a free beer
Leitrim_Red View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leitrim_Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by deebee deebee wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Tivoli amusement park closed for winter, I think.
Open all year.

Afraid not. It's only open in the winter for a spell over Halloween and then the Christmas period so won't be on the hit list. Damn shame as it's fantastic. 

Bars wise, The Jane is unmissable.

Edited by Leitrim_Red - 18 Oct 2017 at 10:49am
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Was in the Carlsberg factory last April. Pre booked tickets but they never looked for them to do the tour we just walked straight in and at the end gave our tickets to avail of the free beer. Might suit the cheapskate if you can live without a free beer

How many beers?
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

How many beers?

One and a Carlsberg Pin. We wouldn't have bothered only we pre booked. You can still pay for beers there
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:24am

Yep, that's it. Getting the ST, and renewing it, is pretty vital for building up your points.
Throw in a few of the cheaper aways over the next couple of years, and you'll be well on your way.

Edited by brendy_éire - 18 Oct 2017 at 11:24am
City Till I Die
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Yep, that's it. Getting the ST, and renewing it, is pretty vital for building up your points.
Throw in a few of the cheaper aways over the next couple of years, and you'll be well on your way.

It isn't though. They didn't take season tickets into account for the Wales game. Someone with 4 Aways and 0 season tickets were higher priority than someone with 3 aways and 4 season tickets.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:53am
Shouldn't have been like that but it seems it was. But anyway, nations league away games should be the way to go. There shouldn't be too much hassle building up a history at those.
bren2001 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bren2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:53am
Was the tour any use?
fra1879 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fra1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:58am
best way to see Copenhagen is on the canals, you can hire GO boat a small engine powered boat that fits up to 8, about 400kr (€50) an hour divided by however many on. one of the lads has to pilot it but no experience needed and you can bring on your own food and cans, mind you it will be cold. also the nettobadene (Netto boat) is bigger and will have a guide talking in English about 40 kr (€5) each.
if you're walking around Nyhavn is really nice but stay away from the bars, expensive. 
 Favourite Irish bar is Kennedys, best Guinness in CPH about 45kr (€6).
best can spot will probably be outside the dubliner, big open space with no cars, Poznan square but a lot smaller. cans are same price as home and fags are a lot cheaper. 

Edited by fra1879 - 18 Oct 2017 at 12:02pm
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm

It isn't though. They didn't take season tickets into account for the Wales game. Someone with 4 Aways and 0 season tickets were higher priority than someone with 3 aways and 4 season tickets.
Well, I'll qualify it by stating that the ST gives you more points than buying match tickets individually, which will bump up you up the points list.
In reality, no-one knows how away tickets are allocated, or if points even exist.  It still stands to reason that getting an ST, as opposed to individual tickets, is the best way to up your points.

Regarding your example, those with multiple STs/aways on one account, we don't know how they were allocated.  It certainly seemed more random than those with individual accounts.

In short, get an ST, get to the aways if you can, and apply for it all on your own account.
City Till I Die
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by fra1879 fra1879 wrote:

best way to see Copenhagen is on the canals, you can hire GO boat a small engine powered boat that fits up to 8, about 400kr (€50) an hour divided by however many on. one of the lads has to pilot it but no experience needed and you can bring on your own food and cans, mind you it will be cold. also the nettobadene (Netto boat) is bigger and will have a guide talking in English about 40 kr (€5) each.
if you're walking around Nyhavn is really nice but stay away from the bars, expensive. 
 Favourite Irish bar is Kennedys, best Guinness in CPH about 45kr (€6).
best can spot will probably be outside the dubliner, big open space with no cars, Poznan square but a lot smaller. cans are same price as home and fags are a lot cheaper. 

Great stuff.

Keep the advice coming
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>
  Share Topic