You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark - Nations League - General thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:48pm
I believe the women are only brutal in Denmark.   

That true, wha?  Get up the yard. 
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Seems to be cheap pints available in the dive bars.

Plenty of craft beer spots but they are very pricey.

https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/

exactly

Billy Booze, at the name suggests (billy is an anglicism of billig, which means cheap), offers the cheapest drinks in town and is – quite understandably – rather proud of it. Drink here and you’ll pay just 20 DKK for a pint of Tuborg or Carlsberg, while a bottle of Budweiser or Corona will set you back just 10 DKK.

This bar is right off the main shopping street, Strøget, where most bars are usually pricey and posh. The atmosphere at Billy Booze is quite the opposite: red faux-leather couches, top-20 tunes and low-cut vests.

be warned its a woeful kip tho

10DKK is £1.20

Hullo Hullo we are the Billy Booze
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Seems to be cheap pints available in the dive bars.

Plenty of craft beer spots but they are very pricey.

https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/

exactly

Billy Booze, at the name suggests (billy is an anglicism of billig, which means cheap), offers the cheapest drinks in town and is – quite understandably – rather proud of it. Drink here and you’ll pay just 20 DKK for a pint of Tuborg or Carlsberg, while a bottle of Budweiser or Corona will set you back just 10 DKK.

This bar is right off the main shopping street, Strøget, where most bars are usually pricey and posh. The atmosphere at Billy Booze is quite the opposite: red faux-leather couches, top-20 tunes and low-cut vests.

be warned its a woeful kip tho

10DKK is £1.20

Hullo Hullo we are the Billy Booze

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:33pm
Lived here in 1998 great city always been hoping to go back and pay it a visit.GreY to get a chance of a huge match.

Got robbed on my second day living here. Whole ruck sack gone. Only had what I had on me left. No credit card or way to call home for money. Good craic.
AKA pedantic kunt
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So people say Copenhagen is expensive but €5 pints can be found. Where are these places? What's the karaoke scene like? What's the best square to have cans?

And how much are these cans?

Loads of cheap boozers over there. Been three times. My mate from home is living with his missusin Malmo just across the river. I'll throw up a few decent locations later.

Also, the Dubliner isn't a bad Irish pub. Had a cracking New Years there a few years back. Nice square in front of it for a slab of cans. 

sound
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Outside the dubliner will be the Mary St of this trip. Reckon that's where the shoe wavers will congregate.
AKA pedantic kunt
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
What's the general feeling about tickets? Will there be a scramble?
Cathal Bourke
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Going by my own social media there's actually a lot more fans that would never go to games going to this than there was going to Wales, surprisingly.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lived here in 1998 great city always been hoping to go back and pay it a visit.GreY to get a chance of a huge match.

Got robbed on my second day living here. Whole ruck sack gone. Only had what I had on me left. No credit card or way to call home for money. Good craic.
Sounds like a dangerous place. They don't pick your pockets ,they stroke the bag off your bag! No thank you I'm at home for this one
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Going by my own social media there's actually a lot more fans that would never go to games going to this than there was going to Wales, surprisingly.

Getting the same impression myself.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I'm expecting 5000-6000, its a World Cup play off. Were we fully anticipate and believe we will qualify. As soon as the Danish release their general sale tickets which will be in around 10,000 we'll be all over them.

Another Scotland I reckon. Great to see, best away scene I've seen as an Ireland fan was in Park Head where in every corner you looked there was tri colours Clap

Edited by TioPepe - 17 Oct 2017 at 9:57pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sounds like a dangerous place. They don't pick your pockets ,they stroke the bag off your bag! No thank you I'm at home for this one

Good choice bsm. You got to keep your wits about you. Had to buy my clothes in charity shop which happened to be called UVF ha ha
AKA pedantic kunt
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

I'm expecting 5000-6000, its a World Cup play off. Were we fully anticipate and believe we will qualify. As soon as the Danish release their general sale tickets which will be in around 10,000 we'll be all over them.

Another Scotland I reckon. Great to see, best away scene I've seen as an Ireland fan was in Park Head where in every corner you looked there was tri colours Clap

Very anxious about tickets. Just hope they give us 10%.  Have Tbilisi on my record from this campaign but didnt get ticket for Austria away, was in the home end so not on my record Cry

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 17 Oct 2017 at 11:10pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:09pm

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 17 Oct 2017 at 11:09pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:21pm

Very anxious about tickets. Just hope they give us 10%.  Have Tbilisi on my record from this campaign but didnt get ticket for Austria away, was in the home end so not on my record Cry

Did you get a ticket for wales off the FAI?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:22pm

Defo beats Giants Stadium, Stuttgart and Lille alright
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm

Did you get a ticket for wales off the FAI?

Couldn't go, had an exam the following morning! Doubt i would have in any event. If we get 10% here and about 5000 fans go i reckon if i dont get this off the FAI i'll end up with a ticket somehow, I'll be in that stadium whatever way i can!

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 17 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:30pm
Can see this being another waiting list (if even) for those with 3 aways, not including Wales. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic