You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark - Nations League - General thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

When will we know what % of the stadium capacity we have for Copenhagen

I could tell you the minimum number now but it's a secret that nobody has been foretold about....
Sponsored Links

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So people say Copenhagen is expensive but €5 pints can be found. Where are these places? What's the karaoke scene like? What's the best square to have cans?

And how much are these cans?

Loads of cheap boozers over there. Been three times. My mate from home is living with his missusin Malmo just across the river. I'll throw up a few decent locations later.

Also, the Dubliner isn't a bad Irish pub. Had a cracking New Years there a few years back. Nice square in front of it for a slab of cans. 

Edited by cliffrichard - 17 Oct 2017 at 4:28pm
Touts Out!
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:39pm
Lads the internet has the wrong dates for the games. The amount of people going off that. Hilarious if people book wrong flights. 

Type in denmark v ireland 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:41pm

So people say Copenhagen is expensive but €5 pints can be found. Where are these places? What's the karaoke scene like? What's the best square to have cans?

I have the same questions, bar oneBig smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
Talking to my mate at work who goes away with England, he reckons when they were there 6 years ago some of the England Travel Club were able to organise deals with some bars - Pay a cover charge, have a slightly reduced rate for beers etc.
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
I can't believe no one has asked yet what the pick pocket situation is like in Copenhagen
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:22pm
Sorry if not the right thread, but anyone have a direct contact for the ticket office at FAI? Preferably email.

Have an issue with my account and I have tried multiple times to get a response via the away.fai.ie contact form on their website but no joy. Need to get it sorted by Thursday.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Talking to my mate at work who goes away with England, he reckons when they were there 6 years ago some of the England Travel Club were able to organise deals with some bars - Pay a cover charge, have a slightly reduced rate for beers etc.

Was just about to post on that.
Want to get onto few bars and give them ads on here and social interaction in return for deals
Can you get a few names of decent bars and I'll get onto them?

Edited by The GerK - 17 Oct 2017 at 6:29pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Want to get onto few bars and give them ads on here and social interaction in return for deals

I've asked my mate if he can try find out what they were - There was drink taken etc but he said he'd have a look
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Lads the internet has the wrong dates for the games. The amount of people going off that. Hilarious if people book wrong flights. 

wtf are you on about?
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

wtf are you on about?

After the draw if ya googled the fixture it said it was the 9th....briefly confused one of our group
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Only karaoke bar is Sam's Bar Big smile And yes beers and everything else is expensive. Don't have a lot of actual pubs but the Dubliner, maybe Pub & Sport and other places next to City Hall, not really my kinda places.

We have great beer places like Mikkeller or Tap House but It doesn't have that pub atmosphere.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:56pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I've asked my mate if he can try find out what they were - There was drink taken etc but he said he'd have a look

Sent Gerk some details of a possible venue, but ask your mate anyway as reckon could need a few places for this game.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm
lads i played in the denmark darts open this year. i was based in copenhagen for the first 2 nights and then in esjberg for the second 2. Pints were in and around €5 for a pint. paid €7 for guinness.

dont listen to the nonsense of 10 euro a scoop.. also 6 cans in the offy is under ten euro as i got some to bring to the darts competition with me

itll be no different to a night on the piss in central london or dublin
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:22pm
Seems to be cheap pints available in the dive bars.

Plenty of craft beer spots but they are very pricey.

https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Seems to be cheap pints available in the dive bars.

Plenty of craft beer spots but they are very pricey.

https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/

exactly

Billy Booze, at the name suggests (billy is an anglicism of billig, which means cheap), offers the cheapest drinks in town and is – quite understandably – rather proud of it. Drink here and you’ll pay just 20 DKK for a pint of Tuborg or Carlsberg, while a bottle of Budweiser or Corona will set you back just 10 DKK.

This bar is right off the main shopping street, Strøget, where most bars are usually pricey and posh. The atmosphere at Billy Booze is quite the opposite: red faux-leather couches, top-20 tunes and low-cut vests.

be warned its a woeful kip tho

10DKK is £1.20

Edited by daboi89 - 17 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:39pm
Kip or poshest place going I'll frequent anywhere for 1.20 pints
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Only karaoke bar is Sam's Bar Big smile And yes beers and everything else is expensive. Don't have a lot of actual pubs but the Dubliner, maybe Pub & Sport and other places next to City Hall, not really my kinda places.

We have great beer places like Mikkeller or Tap House but It doesn't have that pub atmosphere.

Throw up a few prices for the lads here Mads.

You knows beers, meals, wine, coffee, lap dances etc...

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
  Share Topic