You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v Ireland - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 77>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:40pm
well i signed up for 3plus, and clicked playoff tickets, they then texted me a 9 digit code?
Sponsored Links

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:44pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:49pm
Works with a lot of Danes and they are quite happy with draw, Are pleased just to avoid Swedes more

They believe they are favorites due to Eriksen.

Can see it being a tight affair  1-1 in Kobenhavn and 2-1 in Dublin
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I think Denmark are fairly comparable to Bosnia from a few years ago.

1/2 Very good players that we don't have (Eriksen / Pjanic / Dzeko) - Pjanic is arguably in the same class as Eriksen and didn't get a tap of the ball in either games, and I expect us to nullify Eriksen similarly.

Comparing the other 9/10 players is similar to comparing us to Wales etc.  

Exactly my thoughts. Both have top top goalkeepers as well in Begovic and Mini Peter. We nullified Allen and Ramsey this month, Ramsey on form is a good of a player as Eriksen. He's not Gareth Bale we don't need to worry about a 45 yard run from the halfway line at pace and a top corner effort. 
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Works with a lot of Danes and they are quite happy with draw, Are pleased just to avoid Swedes more

They believe they are favorites due to Eriksen.

Can see it being a tight affair  1-1 in Kobenhavn and 2-1 in Dublin

Agree, I think this is our best our best shot at getting through. The Danes are not that strong a side.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I think Denmark are fairly comparable to Bosnia from a few years ago.

1/2 Very good players that we don't have (Eriksen / Pjanic / Dzeko) - Pjanic is arguably in the same class as Eriksen and didn't get a tap of the ball in either games, and I expect us to nullify Eriksen similarly.

Comparing the other 9/10 players is similar to comparing us to Wales etc.  

Exactly my thoughts. Both have top top goalkeepers as well in Begovic and Mini Peter. We nullified Allen and Ramsey this month, Ramsey on form is a good of a player as Eriksen. He's not Gareth Bale we don't need to worry about a 45 yard run from the halfway line at pace and a top corner effort. 

They have a top keeper who’s at the wrong end of the Premier League table, not all his fault obviously, but he’s not world class.

Few tackles on Eriksen to set the tempo and we’ll be on our way - he does play for spurs after all, those boys love a good bottle job.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:04pm
Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

---------------Schmeichel----------------
Durmis-Kjaer-Christiansen-Dalsgaard-
-------------Kvist-Eriksen--Delaney---------
--------Poulsen- Bendtner*--Sisto

*I think when fit Jørgensen will play if fit
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Danish journalist talking to Ray D'Arcy there and he said the title for his article tomorrow is 'we're going to the World Cup'

If they're all like this they need to be taken down a peg or 3
The dark side.. And the light
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
That's not really the general opinion though. We're happy not to have drawn Sweden (since we always end up playing them) but Northern Ireland or Greece would have been prefered 
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm
Danish twitter are delighted with the draw and most seem to think they’ll get through comfortably
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

---------------Schmeichel----------------
Durmis-Kjaer-Christiansen-Dalsgaard-
-------------Kvist-Eriksen--Delaney---------
--------Poulsen- Bendtner*--Sisto

*I think when fit Jørgensen will play if fit

I think you've Dalsgaard and Durmis on the wrong sides.

Cornelius also can come into the side in place of Sisto. Luckily for us Jorgensen isn't quite at the levels he hit last season.

I think their style suits us. It's an aerial battle. Interesting, as many polls in Denmark/Online showed Danes wanted us least due to our ability to sit in and essentially kill matches. Players like Eriksen don't thrive in a MON system.

Edited by TioPepe - 17 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Danish journalist talking to Ray D'Arcy there and he said the title for his article tomorrow is 'we're going to the World Cup'

Yes, he writes for Extrabladet. He sounded very confident and pointed out that Denmark had won four qualifiers in a row. He has it as 60-40 in favour of Denmark.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:36pm

heard him,a right cocky f**ker
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
Lads you have to laugh. I'm not knocking Denmark because I'm not stupid but they are no where near a top side. They are favourites of course but that means nothing. 

Lord started the last game. Best draw possible. 

Can't wait. Drew with Romania last game. Hardly shaking in our boots with fear. 

Edited by kearney304 - 17 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm
delidamo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delidamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:43pm
Can't see there being more than 1 goal in it over 2 legs but without sounding cocky, it's without doubt the most favourable draw for us. The playoff victory over Bosnia to get into the Euros was very impressive and i think i similar performance will be enough to see us through. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm

We hear this every time. The Bosnians thought they would be favorites, the Welsh didn’t shut up, the Austrians thought they were better than us... fairly sure even the Estonians thought they had a 60/40 chance in the play-offs too.

Ireland will have to perform seriously under par to not progress is my very honest opinion.

If you’re a team that has similar ability to us - then you aren’t favorites. Our players make up for their inferiorities with sheer aggression, drive and passion - something the Danes are severely lacking.

If we can get a scored draw in the away leg, we’ll bring them back to Dublin and do a number on them - they might have some decent players, but I don’t see them fancying that trip to Dublin needing a win.

TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Yes, he writes for Extrabladet. He sounded very confident and pointed out that Denmark had won four qualifiers in a row. He has it as 60-40 in favour of Denmark.

'James McClean, Daryl Murphy, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Shane Duffy, Shane Long and David Meyler are hardly names that sound quite familiar with many Danes'

To quote a section from his newspaper. Yet their breaking news headline is Shakespear has been sacked LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

'James McClean, Daryl Murphy, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Shane Duffy, Shane Long and David Meyler are hardly names that sound quite familiar with many Danes'

To quote a section from his newspaper. Yet their breaking news headline is Shakespear has been sacked LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

His point was that Ireland has no star names or anyone playing at a very high level. But we heard all this from the Bosnians in 2015 too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 77>
  Share Topic