You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v Ireland - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 77>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Would have preferred the awya leg second leg second but apart form that a great draw
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
Gavin Hamilton of world soccer asked on SSN who will get through thought it would be an incredibly close tie, but Eriksen would just swing it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
I'm happier with this draw than I would have been if it had been the Swiss. Notwithstanding, they have performed well in a group full of banana skins, and have ground out tidy results in tough locations. That being said, we have enough in our locker to beat them.
JimmyRabbitte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyRabbitte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
Someone's got to Delaneys' Wiki page already

International career[edit]

Delaney made his debut for the Danish under-18 national team in October 2008, and went on to play three matches in total. He played 11 games for the Danish U-19 national team.

On 11 August 2010, he made his debut for the Danish U-21 national team in a friendly against the Italian U-21 national team.

Delaney made his debut for the senior national team on 15 October 2013 in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Malta.

After drawing Ireland in the World cup play-offs Thomas has admitted that the Irish made him the man he is and he won't be upset if the Bhoys in Green turn over his Danish Team

Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?
Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.
Lois: And what did you do?
Peter: Drank at the stag pa-- ... Whoa. I almost walked into that one.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:46pm
Think we really need an away goal in this, would be nerve wrecking coming into the home leg on a 0-0. Would even prefer a 2-1 defeat
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Would have preferred the awya leg second leg second but apart form that a great draw
Why? History has shown this doesnt work well for us apart from Iran. The only time we have looked comfortable in a playoff match was against Bosnia, when we were home in the second leg
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Think we really need an away goal in this, would be nerve wrecking coming into the home leg on a 0-0. Would even prefer a 2-1 defeat

Unhappy
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
3-2 Ireland. 1-1 Copenhagen, 2-1 Dublin.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
I think the tactic should be simple. We used it v Wales. Target Eriksen, send Harry Arter after him. Break him off the park, McClean with an early challenge to set the tone as we done v Wales. Arter done a splendid job of putting Ramsey inside an imaginary box. 

A defeat? Has anyone sat down and watched a Denmark game? Please do. Particularly v Montenegro at home and then v Romania recently.

Edited by TioPepe - 17 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm

Yeah away goals do tend to swing the matches. If we score away it gives you the comfort knowing that conceding at home isn't a disaster. Drawing 0-0 would be a bastard of a result as would a 1-0 defeat. Conceding at home then is a catastrophe nearly.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

I think the tactic should be simple. We used it v Wales. Target Eriksen, send Harry Arter after him. Break him off the park, McClean with an early challenge to set the tone as we done v Wales. Arter done a splendid job of putting Ramsey inside an imaginary box. 

A defeat? Has anyone sat down and watched a Denmark game? Please do. Particularly v Montenegro at home and then v Romania recently.

Id say the Danes could be saying - "take a look at these guys v Georgia, home and away".
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
We're better away from home than at home. Don't think we'll lose away and think we'll score. 1-1 in Copenhagan and 2-0 in Lansdowne
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

I'd be cautious about bullying tactics. Last thing Ireland needs is to be missing players at the home game because of a stupid challenge leading to what should be an avoidable suspension. 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Yeah away goals do tend to swing the matches. If we score away it gives you the comfort knowing that conceding at home isn't a disaster. Drawing 0-0 would be a bastard of a result as would a 1-0 defeat. Conceding at home then is a catastrophe nearly.

Hate to be in a scenario where they pox a goal half an hour in a we need to scrap two and inevitable fall short. Last time I watched the Danes was in the Euro playoffs and they where quite impressive, no Italy or Croatia thank Christ.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Great draw for us. 

I predict a rocking night in Dublin and hopefully a victory. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

We actually have a decent record v Denmark.

Sure we scalped them 0-4 in 07 LOL
Friendly in Aarhus under Stan LOL last competitive game was in WC85 we were beaten by a great Danish team 3-0 great memories of Copenhagen !

You forgetting about the '94 qualifiers

Yes completely overlooked that Thumbs Up
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm

We've scored in every away qualifier under MON bar the game against Scotland in 2014.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:00pm
As far as I know, the earliest we can play the home game will be on Tuesday as the rugby is on in Lansdowne on the Saturday and there has to be x amount of days to allow the pitch recovery time. That would suggest that away game is the Saturday night!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 77>
  Share Topic