You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v Ireland - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 77>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by SmokedSammon SmokedSammon wrote:

Does anyone know if the euros counts towards your likelihood of getting tickets? Would have got them through my FAI account for 2016 and possibly 2012.

Also, I've got 4 season tickets on the account for the last five years and two aways (Sweden and Gibraltar) from the last two campaigns. Any idea how likely I am to get tickets for Copenhagen?

Sorry for all the questions. Having spent the day stressing about flights and accommodation I have now successfully moved my stress to tickets. What a time to be alive.

No idea about likelihood until we know our allocation and amount travelling but Euros doesn't count.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
For Wales, they looked at the last two campaigns. They excluded Scotland away. I don't what other games were oversubscribed (Austria and Bosnia were the only ones I think) but it seems they were included, as they weren't massively oversubscribed.

That is, the games that counted were Georgia (1), Germany, Gibraltar (Faro), Poland, Bosnia, Serbia, Moldova, Austria and Georgia (2).

Anyone with four aways got a Wales ticket. I imagine, if the number of tickets is something similar this time, the position will be the same. I doubt they would include Wales, given how oversubscribed it was.

So I think, again, you will need four aways from the list above to have a chance at getting a ticket for Copenhagen. There were a few easy to get to games on that list that were not oversubscribed (Germany, Gibraltar, Poland), so I don't think it's unfair to say that you have to have been to four (those three plus one other) before you have a chance of getting a ticket.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:15am

A night where we sickened both the pub team and Denmark. Big smile

Wtf was Schmeichel at for Spain's goal?! He was never gonna win that ball Confused

Eoin Hand's outfit LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Oct 2017 at 12:18am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:42am
Great video that.

I love the way the champagne mysteriously ends up in front of Dunphy, and even more mysteriously moves across between shots, further away from the other lads, with his glass topping up in the process.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 18 Oct 2017 at 12:48am
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
James McCarthy played 45 mins for Everton under 23's last night. Good to have him back seeing Meyler is out of 1st leg.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

---------------Schmeichel----------------
Durmis-Kjaer-Christiansen-Dalsgaard-
-------------Kvist-Eriksen--Delaney---------
--------Poulsen- Bendtner*--Sisto

*I think when fit Jørgensen will play if fit

Looking at the team then in more detail

Schmeichel (30 years old / 29 caps) - Leicester

Durmisi (23 / 22) - Betis
Kjaer (28 / 78) - Sevilla
Christiansen - (21 / 13) - Borussia Monchengladbach 
Dalsgaard (28 / 8) - Brentford

Kvist (32 / 75) - Copenhagen
Eriksen (25 / 73) - Tottenham
Delaney (26 / 21) - Werder Bremen

Poulsen (23 / 22) - RB Leipzig in the 2nd Division
Bendtner (29 / 77) - Rosenborg

I do think take away Eriksen they are very similar to us. He is the only top class player in both squads.

Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

James McCarthy played 45 mins for Everton under 23's last night. Good to have him back seeing Meyler is out of 1st leg.

Please god he's fully fit and starts ahead of Whelan.
Ask MaGee
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:01pm
They're slightly better, but not a whole lot. You look at the likes of Kvist and Bendtner who people are including in the "European competition count", and neither of them cut it in the Championship, so it's swings and roundabouts.
We're decent enough..
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
I get the joy of seeing Durmisi most weeks, absolutely f**king dreadful. The display he put in against Valencia on Sunday is nothing sort of laughable. (Betis lost 6-3 at home) I remember when he first came he destroyed Barcelona, but he simply can't defend. 

I'd rather have Stephen Ward, and that is saying something.

Edited by TioPepe - 18 Oct 2017 at 2:19pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:19pm

Edited by colemanY2K - 18 Oct 2017 at 2:21pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

[QUOTE=lassassinblanc]Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

I do think take away Eriksen they are very similar to us. He is the only top class player in both squads.

I was listening to yesterday's second captains podcast and the Danish lad on it said Kjaer recently injured himself and may not make the playoffs.

EDIT: Scratch that. It appears he played last night for Seville.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

I was listening to yesterday's second captains podcast and the Danish lad on it said Kjaer recently injured himself and may not make the playoffs.

well he scored for sevilia last night so i wouldnt think so! but he also shipped 5 goals
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:54pm
.............Randolph
Christie....Duffy....Clark.....Ward
...Hendrick...McCarthy...Arter
...Brady(c)...Murphy...McClean

Edited by tonyjaa - 18 Oct 2017 at 2:55pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:23pm
Just seen that Denmark were in Group I for Euro 2016 qualification with Portugal, Albania, Serbia and Armenia.

Portugal 21
Albania 14
Denmark 12
Serbia 4
Armenia 2

They beat Serbia 2-0H and 3-1A...... Thats some turnaround by Serbia in the space of 3 years. 

Then they lost the playoff to Sweden 4-3.

BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:30pm

Just seen that Denmark were in Group I for Euro 2016 qualification with Portugal, Albania, Serbia and Armenia.

Portugal 21
Albania 14
Denmark 12
Serbia 4
Armenia 2

They beat Serbia 2-0H and 3-1A...... Thats some turnaround by Serbia in the space of 3 years. 

Ireland gave Sweden a good game at the Euros, too. If the puts in the fire they showed against Sweden that day, they stand every chance. 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm

Portugal 21
Albania 14
Denmark 12
Serbia 4
Armenia 2

Serbia were docked three points after the Albania scuffle and basically didn't lift a finger for the rest of the group. Wouldn't read too much into those results. 
Touts Out!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
The Danish captain, and key player for them in central defense, Simon Kjaer, got injured at the weekend.

Dont know how long he is out for.

Edited by rolo - 18 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

The Danish captain, and key player for them in central defense, Simon Kjaer, got injured at the weekend.

Dont know how long he is out for.

he's not out, he played last night and scored for sevilia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 77>
  Share Topic