You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v Ireland - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:00pm
That's extremely comforting to know long may it continue
Sponsored Links

Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:01pm
Have to be happy to have avoided Italy and Croatia. With first leg away from home, all youre looking for is to ensure that we have a chance in the home leg. Lansdowne will be rocking for this. 
"Just put it up there..."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. A good draw but Denmark probably slight favourites. By talk of some on here and fb we've already qualified. Let's not get ahead of ourselves
BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Any Danes going to register on here for some back'n'forth, like with the B&H playoff? Hopefully, if they do, it doesn't turn sour like I recall that one doing. 
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Think we really need an away goal in this, would be nerve wrecking coming into the home leg on a 0-0. Would even prefer a 2-1 defeat

Preferring to lose than draw? wtf LOL
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by BriMurt BriMurt wrote:

Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

I think the tactic should be simple. We used it v Wales. Target Eriksen, send Harry Arter after him. Break him off the park, McClean with an early challenge to set the tone as we done v Wales. Arter done a splendid job of putting Ramsey inside an imaginary box. 

A defeat? Has anyone sat down and watched a Denmark game? Please do. Particularly v Montenegro at home and then v Romania recently.

I'd be cautious about bullying tactics. Last thing Ireland needs is to be missing players at the home game because of a stupid challenge leading to what should be an avoidable suspension. 

We're not going to let Eriksen run the show now. Meyler misses the first leg anyway when he's let lose it should be his first order of business. 

Hopefully McCarthy is back.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. A good draw but Denmark probably slight favourites. By talk of some on here and fb we've already qualified. Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Yes, I'd have Denmark slightly ahead of us in terms of results in the last two years. It's very much a 50-50 tie.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:10pm
Hopefully Schmeichel makes a hames of it at some point like he did last night! As pointed out we are still underdogs but on paper that is definitely the best draw we could have hoped for.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:11pm
Hi! Dane here

Was curious to see your reaction to the draw.

Fairly happy with the draw myself - was just trying to avoid Sweden really, but Northern Ireland would have been prefered.

Going to be an interesting matchup. I think we have a slight advantage man-to-man and we've been playing a bit better recently. 

Danish media is a bit anxious about playing in Dublin in front of passionate Irish fans, but I reckon the fans will have a good time with each other outside the pitch Smile 2 nations with a similar mentality and loves a good pint.
aleco View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Looking for advice.

Have booked my flights to Hamburg and was wondering what my chances of tickets are. Don't normally travel to individual away games, but we are season ticket holders for guts of 8 years. Did get allocated tickets for Euros in France,but not for Poland (had to find my own). 

So,can experienced travellers tell me if we are likely, as season ticket holders, to be allocated 3 tickets . (we have four season tickets)

Thanks
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by BriMurt BriMurt wrote:

Any Danes going to register on here for some back'n'forth, like with the B&H playoff? Hopefully, if they do, it doesn't turn sour like I recall that one doing. 

The Danes are very friendly people and chilled out. I can't imagine any aggro from them at all.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
I just have a feeling we will beat Denmark.  It will be like a low quality prem league game. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I just have a feeling we will beat Denmark.  It will be like a low quality prem league game. 

Yeah its got that look to it. Two fairly limited teams- they have Eriksen who probably gives them a slight edge but we have nothing to fear and it is truly a 50/50 tie. Could go either way.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
Eriksen will be the best player on the pitch no doubt, he'll have to be nullified. Meyler and Brady are suspended for the first leg aren't they? Meyler will be more of a loss. Such a stupid booking although it wasted a few more valuable seconds in Cardiff.
I've a feeling we will come away with a 1-1 in Copenhagen and if so we'll have all the momentum and will beat them in Dublin

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Eriksen will be the best player on the pitch no doubt, he'll have to be nullified. Meyler and Brady are suspended for the first leg aren't they? Meyler will be more of a loss. Such a stupid booking although it wasted a few more valuable seconds in Cardiff.
I've a feeling we will come away with a 1-1 in Copenhagen and if so we'll have all the momentum and will beat them in Dublin

Meyler is suspended, Brady was suspended for the Moldova game alright but he's available for the Danish game. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
SeanCruz View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanCruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
Dates up! On the Danish Football FA Twitter

11th November 20:45 KO

Dublin 14th November 19:45 KO
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
Confirmed for 14th November, 7:45pm kickoff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
  Share Topic