Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Dublin tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

I've no doubt it will be chaos and that the event junkies will be well looked after before real  fans.

I also hope that in the event of us failing to qualify, Irish fans leave the tickets to fans of the competing teams and dont go along as neutrals. It would be a shame if thousands of fans travelled to Dublin to end up watching in a pub, or worse didnt come to Dublin at all because they had no tickets.

Sure when have Irish people ever shamelessly jumped on a sporting bandwagon in pursuit of a big day out? Unheard of!!
I really cannot understand what your problem is with Irish people buying tickets for Euro 2020 games if we don't qualify. We'll never host the tournament outright so this is the only opportunity we'll ever have. I'll be applying for tickets regardless of if we qualify or not. Do you think that fans in other host countries don't buy tickets for games in their cities?

Of course football fans here will apply for tickets. As you have noted, this happens in every host country and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm just not a fan of the horrendous event junkie culture we have developed here in Ireland. I'd hate to see regular match going supporters from here and from the competing nations miss out on tickets to some c*nt who has zero interest but wants to go for the day out so that he can stick selfies online and be seen at the big event.
Ok, maybe I was taking you up wrong. I actually think it was the posted you initially quoted who's point I don't agree with. In my job clients would send over tickets for every match. When it's a friendly against Oman, nobody wants tickets, if it's a qualifier against Germany, everybody wants them. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:07pm
I assume there'd be zero chance of this but would there be any tickets on general sale/open to the public for the euro 2020 draw in the convention centre in December?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I assume there'd be zero chance of this but would there be any tickets on general sale/open to the public for the euro 2020 draw in the convention centre in December?

Doubt it.Too early. It will be interesting to see bow the FAI deal with ticketing for this. Can only hope ST holders would get looked after but doubtful.
Danger here, OH NO
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:36pm

Are you asking for tickets to the actual draw?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Yah but I assume it's a closed shop unless you're in media/fai etc etc.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:55pm

Why on earth would you want to go? Those things are boring as f**k especially with the amount of bollox that goes on before the draw
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Why on earth would you want to go? Those things are boring as f**k especially with the amount of bollox that goes on before the draw

I'd like to go but not fussed if I can't. Just curious really.
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 12:16am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

If we qualify for 2020 then demand will be off the scale for our games. 

If we don't qualify then we may struggle to sellout most games.  Dublin is not easily accessible.  Flights and hotels will go through the roof.

We could of course have Poland or Northern Ireland or England etc who would easily fill the Aviva but a Portugal v Bulgaria style fixture would have low demand.

I certainly plan on attending all games in Dublin unless we are playing elsewhere.    

I would actually be more likely to attend a Portugal v Bulgaria game than a Holland v Germany.  As hosts there is a certain pride (obligation even) in filling up your stadium for the games. If sales were low, I'd go along and make a day of it.

By the same token if we get a 'big' fixture, as hosts it would be great if as many travelling fans got tickets to the games as possible.  Not to mention the extra  boost to the economy of thousands of extra fans in Dublin.

Edited by schillaci - 10 Feb 2018 at 12:17am
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:34am

If we don't qualify then we may struggle to sellout most games.  Dublin is not easily accessible.  Flights and hotels will go through the roof.

We could of course have Poland or Northern Ireland or England etc who would easily fill the Aviva but a Portugal v Bulgaria style fixture would have low demand.

I certainly plan on attending all games in Dublin unless we are playing elsewhere.    

I would actually be more likely to attend a Portugal v Bulgaria game than a Holland v Germany.  As hosts there is a certain pride (obligation even) in filling up your stadium for the games. If sales were low, I'd go along and make a day of it.

By the same token if we get a 'big' fixture, as hosts it would be great if as many travelling fans got tickets to the games as possible.  Not to mention the extra  boost to the economy of thousands of extra fans in Dublin.

+1
Was it the semi final of Euro 96 France v Czech that had a shed load of empty seats, remember thinking it looked sh!t.
Last time I can recall a big tournament having gaps in the crowd.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Was it the semi final of Euro 96 France v Czech that had a shed load of empty seats, remember thinking it looked sh!t.
Last time I can recall a big tournament having gaps in the crowd.
Was at that game too - my first experience of a championships.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:23am

I plan on going also.  However the prices for Euro2016 were €145 for cat 1 and €105 for cat 2.  They will be even more expensive I'm sure in 2 years time.  A cat 1 for Russia is $210.  I really can't see the Irish public turning out in big numbers for a non Irish game.   

Agree re the travelling fans.  However given how awkward and expensive Dublin will be to reach I don't see huge numbers coming here.  We won't have a top seed (assuming Spain will make it) in the group stages if we fail to qualify.   We could have a Germany in Dublin for the Round of 16 which would be fantastic.  

Time will tell but I imagine many of the tickets will be sold before qualification is known.  

For a whole load of reasons I think 2020 is our most important qualifying campaign ever.  

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:29pm
In previous tournaments there's a sale opportunity before the teams are announced, so a lot of the Irish public will buy tickets at that stage in the hope that Ireland qualify. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:52am
Just checked : the ballot opens from 12th June to 12th July this summer.

Given the locations I reckon tickets will be in high demand for most of the games.

The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:57am
Does anybody know, how many season tickets have been sold. There will be war if genuine supporters don't get a fair chance to purchase tickets for our games, if we qualify. I
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

Does anybody know, how many season tickets have been sold. There will be war if genuine supporters don't get a fair chance to purchase tickets for our games, if we qualify. I

The fact that it is in Dublin is irrelevant really - To get a ticket for our games if we were to qualify, you'll need a season ticket and an away record. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:52am
I have my season ticket but if the nephew was to get a student season ticket can we be seated beside each other in the stadium when I renew in July even though mine won't be student? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:56am

Won't really have any influence. You'll need a season ticket and an away record as technically it's an away tournament and each team gets x amount of an allocation for the stadium 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Won't really have any influence. You'll need a season ticket and an away record as technically it's an away tournament and each team gets x amount of an allocation for the stadium 

Can imagine we'll probably get something like 8,000 official tickets if we did qualify. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic