You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 49>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 2:49pm
Mixed bag for the Irish at Rotherham.

Ogbene off injured to be replaced by Sadlier. Kayode wins a penalty. Sadlier misses said penalty.
Sponsored Links

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:27am
https://www.the42.ie/chiedozie-ogbene-2-5565246-Oct2021/

Nice write-up, seems like a top lad, hopefully he stays fit and gets a run at Rotherham. Would expect to see him against Qatar at the least, Kenny seems to be a big fan.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:58am
Yeah, i like this lad. 24 now, needs to make it happen.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yeah, i like this lad. 24 now, needs to make it happen.

Aye, nice cameo vs Hungary and seems to be getting good reviews at Rotherham, pacey and looks to have a bit about him. Anybody know what his injury record has been like?

As you say he's 24 now, so like a few others in the squad, we have to hope he can step up to the next level i.e. Championship in the near future.
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:15am
Needs to add more goals and assists to his game.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:11am
Fantastic article.

Might be a reaction to the article but does he have a shout of starting against Azerbaijan based on the threat he posed against Hungary? This depends a lot on the formation. If we played 4-3-3 he would have a good shout. 3-4-3 would be less helpful for his chances as the two either side of the centre forward would tend to play a little narrower with the wing backs. 3-5-2 wouldn't suit. 

Most likely has a chance to feature off the bench. I wonder if he would be more of a danger than Daryl Horgan? I haven't seen enough of him to say definitively that he is, but he is based on what I have seen!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:21am
Think he'll be more of an impact player off the bench for now. Though I know the levels are different but he played in a 3-5-2 at Limerick and probably played some of his best football when playing on the shoulders of the last defender with Rodrigo Tosi as the target man up front up with him. So could feature in a 3-5-2 if we're stuck and want someone with pace up front.

Edited by J89 - 07 Oct 2021 at 11:22am
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 12:30pm
looks a good option and seems a decent bloke. Some of the interview on video here 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:35pm
Seen his interview there. His delight of playing for Ireland is lovely to see Clap
I love beer gardens
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Seen his interview there. His delight of playing for Ireland is lovely to see Clap

It is fantastic. Would love to see more of this. Football needs that kind of enthusiasm. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:41pm
Chuffed for the lad and to get a goal is great too. Thought he did some really good stuff on the right. 

I would only argue that he probably doesn't have that overall quality to improve the team but as an impact sub I'd have him ahead of horgan 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:03pm
His decision making will hopefully improve but delighted for him getting his goal,Bags of energy.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:14pm
Excallent cameo performance from him Clap
It would damage this forums' reputation
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:41pm
Thanks for posting that interview. Comes across as very grounded. Delighted for him. And for us!
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

His decision making will hopefully improve but delighted for him getting his goal,Bags of energy.

Thought his decision making was decent enough, certainly better than mclean or horgan.  Put it on a plate for mcgrath late on.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:36pm
put it on a plate for robbo's headed effort too, excellent contribution
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:38pm
Will work better for us as an impact sub IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:02pm
I like the look of him, he just has it.....I mean there are levels in football and we're at a level but when you know you just know man
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 49>
  Share Topic