You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:19pm
It's genuinely amazing the sheer volume of Irish players (over 90%) that you'd rank (based on current performance levels)  as average to sh!te. Bleak, bleak times.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Nothing sums things up better than Ogbene and Sadlier being unused subs as Rotherham lost today while Clarke failed to make the match day squad.

Meanwhile Jordan Shipley is failing to get off the bench for Coventry, Daryl Horgan has been dropped by Wycombe, and Jason Knight has been dropped by Derby.

And this is just at the bottom of the second tier.
In other news, I see Anderlecht are in the championship playoffs and have a great chance at European football next year. 

Maybe this season will convince some of the Irish lads in England to consider trying a continental league instead of playing for terrible teams like Rotherham.

Although Cullen seems to have lost his starting place since the international break as well.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm
Christ - chin up everyone 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:39pm

Nothing sums things up better than Ogbene and Sadlier being unused subs as Rotherham lost today while Clarke failed to make the match day squad.

Meanwhile Jordan Shipley is failing to get off the bench for Coventry, Daryl Horgan has been dropped by Wycombe, and Jason Knight has been dropped by Derby.

Shipley, Sadlier, Clarke and Ogbene are not near the squad and have not been previously. 

And Knight is "dropped"? Rested maybe. Nothing I'd be using to support a complaint about the current state of affairs. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The future is bright
The game is truly global now and with growth in India and China in particular it's going to be harder and harder for Irish talent to reach the top. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The future is bright
The game is truly global now and with growth in India and China in particular it's going to be harder and harder for Irish talent to reach the top. 

Reaching the lower-middle would be acceptable at this stage.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Maybe this season will convince some of the Irish lads in England to consider trying a continental league instead of playing for terrible teams like Rotherham.

I'm not sure good Euro clubs will be crying out for Rotherham and PNE rejects. They're sh*te players no matter where they go. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 11:20pm
They'd be outstanding signings for any league of Ireland club to be fair.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:35am
Average wage for a Championship player is £29,000 a week. Best paid player in the league last year was on £68,000 a week, I don't know who that was but presumably only a striker could command that. Mitrovic of Fulham, probably. Wilfried Bony of Swansea was on £90,000 a week before that. Rotherham certainly would not be amongst the biggest payers- I read somewhere that Ogbene was on £2,400 a week, Clarke on £1,600 a week, Sadler not listed as he probably wasn't on the books when that info was published- but you can see why lower league players try so hard to get to Championship clubs, the money isn't insane like the Premiership is but it's a lucrative place to be and the pinnacle maybe for players like Ogbene, Sadlier and Clarke.

Edited by Green Cockade - 21 Apr 2021 at 7:00pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:43am
Ogbene is just coming back from a serious injury in fairness to him. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:08pm
+ Sadlier very harshly treated by Warne. He’s good enough to make a name for himself in the Championship and will do so eventually.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Shipley, Sadlier, Clarke and Ogbene are not near the squad and have not been previously. 

And Knight is "dropped"? Rested maybe. Nothing I'd be using to support a complaint about the current state of affairs. 

Sadlier was in the provisional squads under Mick. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm
He was and is playing for Rotherham in the live game against Middlesbrough on Sky at the moment. Ogbene on bench,so too is Clarke, a man has been sent off for Rotherham, 1-1 at half time. I've just switched it on so don't know how Sadlier is playing but I always thought he was good enough for the Championship.

Edited by Green Cockade - 21 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Wants to play for Nigeria . End thread
That worked out well LOLLOL
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:16pm
Anyone any updates on Ogbene’s pre season? I think Rotherham may have lost during the weekend and as far as I know JJ Kayode was on the bench as an unused sub.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:29am
had a very good pre season going by the fans reactions, played the full 90 at the weekend and came on at half time Tuesday 
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 12:39pm
Cheers Thumbs Up

I think Kayode might be ready to make a step up there as well.  I can’t find it now but I read a recent interview (round about December) and remember been quite impressed at his attitude.  I think Carlisle wanted him for another season but didn’t get him. 

Edited by TraphadBalls - 12 Aug 2021 at 12:40pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 1:46pm
Pulled his hamstring there and taken off after just over 20 mins or so.
Looks a big doubt for the Internationals I'd say.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 49>
  Share Topic