Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 50>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Will be training with Brighton and Ipswich this week
Never knew they all trained together.
Sponsored Links

greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:03pm
Never seen him play. Is he good? Don't think he was prolific last season.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Never seen him play. Is he good? Don't think he was prolific last season.

He has good days, good enough to be noticed by Chelsea level good, and he has days where he doesn't get going, but he finished the season consistently in the side at Limerick and started adding end product more often, be it assists or goals & did begin to look very impressive at times, direct and skillful carrier of the ball, a defenders bad day. If he does what he can do week in week out, his stage will be a bigger one than LOI offers, definitely. 
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 8:54pm
How he has not been called up by Ireland under 21's is beyond me.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

How he has not been called up by Ireland under 21's is beyond me.

He identifies Nigerian primarily, and to be fair was clear on that before any of this attention came on him, think he moved here through his fathers work when he was 12 (could be wrong, going from memory) but if he had both to pick from, it wouldn't be us, last time he spoke on the matter anyway, but you would hope its been made very clear to him the door is open and he is very welcome to come in at the very least & please God he will.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:50pm
Hit and miss at the start of the season but ended the season excellently, our biggest attacking threat and scored some cracking goals. Best player in our side by a country mile along with Hery last year. He has never been approached for our U21s AFAIK. And I'm nearly certain he said a couple of months back that he'd never turn down a call up for Ireland. Stoke also showed a lot of interest in him so no doubt he'll end up somewhere over there soon.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:32am
saw him play a couple of games. has a look of adeybyor/kanu about him. looks like he's barely moving yet others can't get near him. very strong and skillful. i'd say he has huge potential and could go a long way if he works hard. 
It's not me it's you:-)
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

saw him play a couple of games. has a look of adeybyor/kanu about him. looks like he's barely moving yet others can't get near him. very strong and skillful. i'd say he has huge potential and could go a long way if he works hard. 

Is he a goalscorer or one who'll hold it up?
Danger here, OH NO
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Is he a goalscorer or one who'll hold it up?

More a pick it up, get turned and tear you a new one type.

Edited by Scissors Kick - 21 Nov 2017 at 10:10pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:54pm
It’s a bit strange that Ogbene could go to Chelsea at age 20 and still not have any underage caps at any level. Not a great indictment of the U19 or U21 set ups, especially with our dearth of forward talent in his age group.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm
What sort of social media messages should Chiedozie Ogbene expect from our resident forum racists? 

i) Vilification because he wants to play for Nigeria, or 
ii) Sarcastic praise for not "contaminating" the Eire international scene with any more "blackness", in the way Cyrus Christie apparently did?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:12pm
I don't know many people who'd have an issue with Ogbene lining out for Ireland, nor many who'd begrudge him playing for Nigeria; especially considering he appears to have been mostly overlooked by the FAI. You'll always get a few knuckle-draggers, but they pale into insignificance compared to the decent-minded fans.
We're decent enough..
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I don't know many people who'd have an issue with Ogbene lining out for Ireland, nor many who'd begrudge him playing for Nigeria; especially considering he appears to have been mostly overlooked by the FAI. You'll always get a few knuckle-draggers, but they pale into insignificance compared to the decent-minded fans.

TBF he has said Nigeria are his first preference so maybe that's partly why. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

That's bad form after he being developed by Nemo Rangers GAA club here in Cork.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

That's bad form after he being developed by Nemo Rangers GAA club here in Cork.

He said the Nigerian GAA team weren't up to much so he'll stick with Ireland for that

Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

It’s a bit strange that Ogbene could go to Chelsea at age 20 and still not have any underage caps at any level. Not a great indictment of the U19 or U21 set ups, especially with our dearth of forward talent in his age group.
it's an absolute joke ogbene hasn't been called up. Took a decent cork team to the cleaners bout 8 weeks ago.
Jocky Wilson View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocky Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:13pm
Let's not be codding ourselves. He plays for Limerick, not exactly a big club like.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

it's an absolute joke ogbene hasn't been called up. Took a decent cork team to the cleaners bout 8 weeks ago.

He may not be available to us at present is all, it's not a closed door but read below, its Nigeria first.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 50>
  Share Topic