FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 50>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ogbene seems a classic example of a late developer, is improving in his mid 20s at a rate you maybe wouldn't expect from a player that age. 

His rate of improvement is remarkable. At City I thought he'd never make in the LOI - poor first touch I thought. At Limerick he did make it but I still thought a move to England was wildly optimistic. Shows what I know....
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:31pm
Comes on just before half time for the injured Georgie Kelly who himself came on for the injured Conor Washington on the 37th minute.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Someone like Burnley might take a look in January even as they were keen to pay a few million for Obafemi at the end of the last window - but Ogbene can be got for free in the summer or for a low amount in January, so might be a better option.

Burnley will likely splash a bit more cash in Jan to help strengthen the squad. Five points clear and their last two games have maybe shown they'll start turning more draws into wins. Ogbene could be a cheaper option but will they see him as someone that could develop into a PL player, or have the all round play needed.

The development point is an interesting one. He is improving all the time. That goal was obviously largely a result of his pace but there was a lovely little moment where he shifted the ball onto his weaker left side and then teed up the shot. The defender actually did very well to stay so close and show him the outside. Ogbene didn't mind the look of the outside. 

If he ends up with 15 Championship goals then that would represent significant improvement - whilst he has been playing further forward, I don't think such an improvement in output, if it did come to pass, would have been predicted by many.  

Has definitely surprised me from watching him with Limerick to the season he's having now. Always preferred him as a striker at LOI level but didn't think he'd be impressing at Championship level as one.

Went over to the UK very raw and someone that stood out in the LOI because of his pace. But he's got a winners mentally, works hard and someone that's always backed himself.

Edited by J89 - 04 Nov 2022 at 4:32pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:53pm
Ogbene seems a classic example of a late developer, is improving in his mid 20s at a rate you maybe wouldn't expect from a player that age. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Someone like Burnley might take a look in January even as they were keen to pay a few million for Obafemi at the end of the last window - but Ogbene can be got for free in the summer or for a low amount in January, so might be a better option.

Burnley will likely splash a bit more cash in Jan to help strengthen the squad. Five points clear and their last two games have maybe shown they'll start turning more draws into wins. Ogbene could be a cheaper option but will they see him as someone that could develop into a PL player, or have the all round play needed.

The development point is an interesting one. He is improving all the time. That goal was obviously largely a result of his pace but there was a lovely little moment where he shifted the ball onto his weaker left side and then teed up the shot. The defender actually did very well to stay so close and show him the outside. Ogbene didn't mind the look of the outside. 

If he ends up with 15 Championship goals then that would represent significant improvement - whilst he has been playing further forward, I don't think such an improvement in output, if it did come to pass, would have been predicted by many.  
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:39pm

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:48pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 2:44pm
Ogbene worked really well in a front two at Limerick alongside Tosi at times. Tosi was a bit of a target man but could play ball and think Obafemi and Ogbene could work especially against teams that could be got at with counter attacks.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 2:22pm
Very well taken goal. Great that he's back, hopefully he wasn't rushed into it.

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

He's almost a natural out and out striker at this stage even though he's also effective out wide for us. 

I can understand Kenny though keeping him out wide with his pace if he plans to stick with one centre forward up front. 

I don't know how much we can depend on Parrott tbh when we already have three others in Ogbene, Hogan and Keane being more prolific in the Championship. Hogan and Keane still have a lot to prove in a green shirt but it's getting harder to justify starting Parrott in games imo. 

We've been playing 2 up top for the last 4 games, don't think that'll change often.

It is pretty remarkable how quickly he's adapting to the no.9 role though. It's only 12 months ago he started really.

Would definitely like to see Ogbene & Obafemi paired vs Norway to see how they get on. Pace on the break vs France & Netherlands will be key.

I don't think it's hard to justify Parrott getting starts, he's out performed Hogan & Keane by a large distance in an Ireland jersey which is what matters most. He's 10 years younger than them & still has a lot of room for growth. It's not a hard decision even if Hogan & Keane are performing better in the Championship.

Edited by Greenie50 - 03 Nov 2022 at 2:24pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 1:34pm
He's almost a natural out and out striker at this stage even though he's also effective out wide for us. 

I can understand Kenny though keeping him out wide with his pace if he plans to stick with one centre forward up front. 

I don't know how much we can depend on Parrott tbh when we already have three others in Ogbene, Hogan and Keane being more prolific in the Championship. Hogan and Keane still have a lot to prove in a green shirt but it's getting harder to justify starting Parrott in games imo. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:11am
Should look at a front two of him and Obafemi. At first thought they'd be two similar for a front two but last window Obafemi showed he can be effective at dropping back looking for the ball. Think in the last window we saw him dropping deeper more often than Parrott.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 10:48am

I love how direct Ogbene is. He had no intention there to hold the ball up. He knows that he has the pace to exploit space so his first instinct there was to run at the defender. 
El Puto Amo
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 11:58pm
Cool
It would damage this forums' reputation
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Scores a minute after coming off the bench.

Good finish

Impressive Clap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Good finish

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 9:21pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 6:55pm
Back for tonight's game and named on the bench.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 10:24pm
Could be back for the Burnley game tomorrow week manager says post match. Would give him four games before the international break.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 50>
  Share Topic