FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 50>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 10:15pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Let’s find a functioning midfield and let Cheo, Finn, Sammie and Evan flourish as our front 4

They were Trap's tactics.  The two winger and the two strikers could attack. The rest had to sit back.

Saw a training session in Malahide circa 2009 where they would have the two wingers and two strikers only just running from the halfway line and the winger would cross the ball for the strikers to finish with no keeper.  I remember thinking it was pretty basic stuff.  Was expecting something a little more sophisticated.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

My favourite EIRE internationalist.  Plays with a smile on his face and always gives his all.

He is just such a likeable guy. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 9:33pm
Let’s find a functioning midfield and let Cheo, Finn, Sammie and Evan flourish as our front 4
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:56pm
My favourite EIRE internationalist.  Plays with a smile on his face and always gives his all.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Fantastic, don't think anyone seen him having the season he's had so far Clap

I don't know about that. 

He already proved himself in big Ireland games against France, Portugal and scored against Belgium with a quick thinking finish albeit a friendly. Even before he signed for Luton, he was already lower EPL standard at the very least if not good enough for mid table side. 
You had him as a mid table EPL player when he was at Rotherham? Fair play Muff, I certainly didn't. But it's great to see regardless and long may it continue!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no oracle LOL but his performances in high profile games along with his general performances for us convinced me that he would at least hold his own in the EPL. He was definitely too good for the championship without doubt prior to Luton signing him. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Tapo Tapo wrote:

Yeah he’s really shown himself to be a premier league-level player. I can’t see him back down in the championship even if Luton drop down.

Given Brentford's issue with injuries this season they must be keeping tabs on him. Covers RW and RWB which would suit them nicely as they switch between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:45pm
bloody brilliant, seems to absolutely love playing for ireland too, maith an fear chiedozie
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't know about that. 

He already proved himself in big Ireland games against France, Portugal and scored against Belgium with a quick thinking finish albeit a friendly. Even before he signed for Luton, he was already lower EPL standard at the very least if not good enough for mid table side. 
You had him as a mid table EPL player when he was at Rotherham? Fair play Muff, I certainly didn't. But it's great to see regardless and long may it continue!
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:25pm
Yeah he’s really shown himself to be a premier league-level player. I can’t see him back down in the championship even if Luton drop down.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:24pm

I don't know about that. 

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:17pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:12pm
Has been impressive for Luton switching to RWB.
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:00pm
Yeah, he’s a real quality player! If you’re forced into having to do something like that he’s who you want around.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 7:57pm
I know he's probably more use to us out wide but if Ferguson isn't fit you could play him centrally as he's a good finisher imo. 

First name on the teamsheet for Ireland  🇮🇪 Clap
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 7:43pm
Scores against Liverpool
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Wasn't Left Foot another poster that constantly sh*t on Ogbene.

You could be right! Possibly mixing the two up. 
young Foden been issued with early retirement. We await his next sad reincarnation.

I don't remember John Nice ever running down Ogbene's performance. Quite the opposite.

As for Foden'81 saying Barkley is the central player for Luton, he's right. He had a great game against Newcastle.
Ogbene was stunning in how he went past players and still kept the ball and put it in the box. There was so much space for him to do that. Both defences were atrocious. He wasn't that great at defending himself when Newcastle were attacking. An entertaining open game.
JN repeatedly downplayed his contributions to Ireland performances, even when he was clearly the outstanding player. Paraphrasing, but characterising him as bit of a headless chicken.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Wasn't Left Foot another poster that constantly sh*t on Ogbene.

You could be right! Possibly mixing the two up. 
young Foden been issued with early retirement. We await his next sad reincarnation.

I don't remember John Nice ever running down Ogbene's performance. Quite the opposite.

As for Foden'81 saying Barkley is the central player for Luton, he's right. He had a great game against Newcastle.
Ogbene was stunning in how he went past players and still kept the ball and put it in the box. There was so much space for him to do that. Both defences were atrocious. He wasn't that great at defending himself when Newcastle were attacking. An entertaining open game.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 50>
  Share Topic