You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 57>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 2:09pm
Starting today Clap
Sponsored Links

Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 3:56pm
WBA losing 1-0. Molumby doing ok but they're lacking serious creativity in the middle.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 5:49pm
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:27pm
A boy the kid. Going to be a big player for us. 
Here we go again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 8:19pm
Jake Livermore sent off today, so opportunities afoot for young Jayson.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 10:37pm
Started and played the 90mins tonight. Put in a good shift and one of their best players. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Started and played the 90mins tonight. Put in a good shift and one of their best players. 

Molumby 6

Given his chance with Livermore suspended. Was busy and aggressive in the tackle, with one excellent through ball deserving more by way of an assist. Switched off at the back post and was thankful for Johnstone’s wonderful second reflex save. Decent shift but was missing that final key pass.

shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Molumby 6

Given his chance with Livermore suspended. Was busy and aggressive in the tackle, with one excellent through ball deserving more by way of an assist. Switched off at the back post and was thankful for Johnstone’s wonderful second reflex save. Decent shift but was missing that final key pass.

What a weird paragraph - says he doesn’t have a final ball, but deserved an assist for a great through ball… sack the editor imo 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

There seems to be a pattern in how Molumby's performances are described, I hear 'aggressive in the tackle', 'busy and energetic', 'covered a lot of ground', 'showed persistence and drive'. 

I never hear, 'used the ball well', 'reads the game', 'clever in the pass', showed real quality' etc.

He's still young and learning but there needs to be more to his game than hard running. He'll end up dropping down a league if he doesn't show more.

One of the top teams in the Championship seems willing to give him games performing the former so no concern for now. The latter will surely follow.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Molumby 6

What a weird paragraph - says he doesn’t have a final ball, but deserved an assist for a great through ball… sack the editor imo 

I watched the game. He was as good as of if not better than the likes of Mowatt etc.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:15pm
HH will prob give him a rating of 4 despite not watching the game.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

HH will prob give him a rating of 4 despite not watching the game.
LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:20pm
He completed a sentence that isn't an emoji.

Well done, Brendan. Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:28pm

There seems to be a pattern in how Molumby's performances are described, I hear 'aggressive in the tackle', 'busy and energetic', 'covered a lot of ground', 'showed persistence and drive'. 

I never hear, 'used the ball well', 'reads the game', 'clever in the pass', showed real quality' etc.

He's still young and learning but there needs to be more to his game than hard running. He'll end up dropping down a league if he doesn't show more.

What would the regional journalists know? Sure they're only paid to watch the games every week and form opinions on them. 

The lads who only watch them every time they play for Ireland know better than these cowboys.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:37pm

People tell me there was more to his game at Millwall a couple of seasons back, but your first paragraph describes my view of him any time I've watched him for Ireland/West Brom - busy, energetic, sometimes overly aggressive, etc. These aren't necessarily bad characteristics if he can bring an element of control and tactical discipline to his game, but I have yet to see him consistently display any real quality on the ball. He often worries me with the manner in which he flies in to tackles. I'm not sure he'll necessarily drop down a league, but based on what I've seen of him, there's very little reason to believe he can make the step up to the elite level. Hopefully he continues to improve with game time and he certainly looks physically capable of playing at a decent level, but I'm not sure there's much more to his game. Happy if he proves me wrong and he is just 22yo, so has time on his side. 

It appears to me that Knight at 20 is similarly energetic, but he has a bit more tactical nous about him, a greater attacking instinct, offers much more in the final third and has a much better awareness of the game going on around him.
Idah Dream!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What would the regional journalists know? Sure they're only paid to watch the games every week and form opinions on them. 

The lads who only watch them every time they play for Ireland know better than these cowboys.

LOL Wise yourself up ffs. I watched the game and gave my opinion, people can agree or disagree. It's generally what happens on a forum. 

People were having a go at you for putting up different links to the Kilkenny pass without even watching it and forming your own opinion.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:35pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL Wise yourself up ffs. I watched the game and gave my opinion, people can agree or disagree. It's generally what happens on a forum. 

People were having a go at you for putting up different links to the Kilkenny pass without even watching it and forming your own opinion.

I never said he was solely at fault. I said he was at fault. And having watched the highlights, I'd agree he was culpable with that pass. It's not a hanging offense, and it sounds like he had a decent game aside from that, but that's my opinion on the matter!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:41pm
Dig up stupid!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 57>
  Share Topic