You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 57>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:20pm
Not writing molumby off as hes got plenty of time but I have to say that the big step he took with millwall last year is completely offset by the two steps back hes taken this season.

Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:18pm
102 minutes played in total in his last 11 games at Preston. 6 of the last 11 he doesn't get off the bench at all.

Preston are currently sitting 13th in the league, not exactly a great team at that level.

I'd think Molumby would benefit.from dropping down a league next season
Hes clearly seen as a bench warmer at Preston.

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

102 minutes played in total in his last 11 games at Preston. 6 of the last 11 he doesn't get off the bench at all.

Preston are currently sitting 13th in the league, not exactly a great team at that level.

I'd think Molumby would benefit.from dropping down a league next season
Hes clearly seen as a bench warmer at Preston.

Don't think he needs to drop down a level. He did very well and Millwall and they wanted to buy him. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:34pm
To he fair he has already shown that he is a Championship standard player at a minimum last season when given a run of games. I wouldn't see any benefit to him dropping to League 1. 

He should probably just go back to Millwall. If anything, this loan spell will have reduced his value so Brighton might be more open to a similar offer this summer. If he can be bought for 2 million or less he'd be a very good signing for a lot of Championship clubs.

Edited by You Tell Me - 01 May 2021 at 6:36pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:53pm
Anthony Gordon who has played in the Prem and looked good cant get a game for Preston at the moment. Think its more to do with them being loan players and manager trying to build for next season more than anything

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:05pm
Yeah, I think the answer to his ssue at the moment is just not playing for Preston North End next season.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

To he fair he has already shown that he is a Championship standard player at a minimum last season when given a run of games. I wouldn't see any benefit to him dropping to League 1. 

He should probably just go back to Millwall. If anything, this loan spell will have reduced his value so Brighton might be more open to a similar offer this summer. If he can be bought for 2 million or less he'd be a very good signing for a lot of Championship clubs.

Totally agree.

I think he's decent, a good passer and not afraid to tackle. If he can curb the needless fouling at times, he'll be a mainstay in the Irish team.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Totally agree.

I think he's decent, a good passer and not afraid to tackle. If he can curb the needless fouling at times, he'll be a mainstay in the Irish team.  
Alan Browne was saying that Molumby had a very positive impact on the Preston team when he came in, but he was getting scapegoated a bit for some of the poor results that followed. I think with the season effectively over for Preston its not surprising that they have decided to stick with their own players rather than play loanees like Molumby. 

Bissouma could be on the move from Brighton next year. Molumby would be a perfect replacement and it would be definitely worthwhile Molumby trying to play his way into Brighton for next season.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 7:45am
I don't believe Potter rates Molumby that highly. In fact, I doubt he rates him at all. Struggling to get time at mediocre Preston is unimpressive. That he'd be parachuted into Premiership football is highly improbable. 
[/QUOTE]

Maybe not Mr Brick. However, Brighton did refuse an offer for him from Millwall and sent him out on loan instead. I was disappointed at the time he didn't make the move to Millwall.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:30pm

9) Jayson Molumby

A similar situation to Gordon.

Molumby did feature a bit more here and there, but couldn't break into that first-team on a regular basis with Whiteman, Ledson, Browne, Johnson and Potts ahead of him.

Had a great night at Birmingham away but struggled to build on it.

Will prove to be a good signing for someone else, undoubtedly, but PNE's midfield is pretty strong and Molumby found that tough.
Rating: 5/10
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

9) Jayson Molumby

A similar situation to Gordon.

Molumby did feature a bit more here and there, but couldn't break into that first-team on a regular basis with Whiteman, Ledson, Browne, Johnson and Potts ahead of him.

Had a great night at Birmingham away but struggled to build on it.

Will prove to be a good signing for someone else, undoubtedly, but PNE's midfield is pretty strong and Molumby found that tough.
Rating: 5/10

Sure he spent the last 15 odd games on the Preston bench. How does that equal 5 out of 10? 

Premier League beyond him if he can't dislodge a few average midfielders in a bang average championship team like Preston.

Needs another loan move to a bottom half championship team. 

To be honest, I don't think he'll reach higher levels than that.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 6:44am
Millwall would be the obvious move here I think. Possibly even a permanent transfer. If he goes back to Millwall and can't get in the first team, having been a regular there last season, then it's definitely a bad sign.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 12:48pm
Doesn't seem to be a move on the cards for molumby as of yet, with the games in September we really need him to be playing some football. Honestly I can't see him kicking a ball at Brighton.

Hes a good player, Im sure there won't be a shortage of clubs wanting his services.

If kilkenny gets some time as expected at Bournemouth it would be strange to see him leapfrog molumby in the order of things.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:31pm
Playing with Brighton u23s in PL2 tonight. At least hes getting minutes in the tank. We may need him.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Playing with Brighton u23s in PL2 tonight. At least hes getting minutes in the tank. We may need him.

Hoard of Irish lads playing for them. Outside Molumby all very young too. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Hoard of Irish lads playing for them. Outside Molumby all very young too. 

Yeah Moran, Ferguson and Furlong in there too.

Ferguson just scored minutes after coming off the bench and then Furlong got himself sent off for second yellow.

As a result Molumby made way on 75 mins.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 6:47pm
Molumby starting for the brighton u23s which is a compete waste of time for him, u23s are just fitness exercises. Non competitive.

The window shuts in less than a week and a half. Hes not going to be match fit for the upcoming games.

Hrndrick, hourihane, Brady all in the same boat.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Molumby starting for the brighton u23s which is a compete waste of time for him, u23s are just fitness exercises. Non competitive.

The window shuts in less than a week and a half. Hes not going to be match fit for the upcoming games.

Hrndrick, hourihane, Brady all in the same boat.

Which is it? LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 57>
  Share Topic