You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 57>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 2:43pm
If they didn’t have plans for him which they clearly didn’t bar about 5 injured midfielders then they should have put him back out on loan really. 

Hopefully he gets out in January again if nothing else. 

Very frustrating as if they got an injury crisis they could have called him back from loan anyways it’s not a hugely complicated process bar paying a small few quid to cancel the loan. 

Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 4:08pm
It was a fairly short time period from the close of the last window to the opening of the next one so it was probably worth the risk to stay and try to fight for his place in the team. It didn't work out, although he did at least make his Premier League debut, but there will be no shortage of Championship clubs happy to take him on in January.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 4:27pm
I accept that I wouldn’t knock Molumby for staying more so the club and management they would have known how much/little game time he was going to get and if he was in their plans.

It was Molumby that initially pushed for the loan last year too he’s said as much himself. I’m sure most clubs in the Championship would happily take him. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 2:00pm
millwall have had a club record £1.1m rejected by Brighton so a short term loan move to PNE or Millwall looks most likely at this stage.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
Molumby for £1.1 million would have been the bargain of the transfer window after the season he had for Millwall last year.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:40pm
1.1m is laughable in today's market 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

You know how it is, if he was born in Skegness that would 1.1m figure would probably be a typo.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:45pm
Regardless of the details, it's promising that there's interest and here's hoping he gets a move ASAP.

I'd say if he does and is starting and playing well in the Champ, then he'll start in March.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:30pm
Really hope he makes a loan move this window if Brighton don't want to sell him. 

We need him to be playing regularly over the next two months or so as our campaign arguably hinges on the Serbia away game in March. I think if we lose that, we'll have a very tough time trying to finish ahead of Serbia in second place. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

You know how it is, if he was born in Skegness that would 1.1m figure would probably be a typo.

The thing that should be a concern is that Millwall know Molumby very well, his strengths and weaknesses and value him at £1.1m... 

I can't believe that they would go through the process of bidding for a player without reasonably hoping that he might sign... I'm sure there would be agent/legal fees etc to make such offers.

Its such a low valuation especially in todays market.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:03pm
If it's a club record offer, I think it would have to be over £1.4 million ? Preston also interested.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:26pm
I read it's an offer that beats their club record of 1.5M.
Also, that's not what they value him at - that's what they hope BHA value him at.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 8:58pm
Think Molomby would do a lot better under a manager like Sean Dyche certainly at EPL level
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:06pm
Going to Preston on loan. Good move for him 

Edited by Donegalman - 05 Jan 2021 at 9:06pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I read it's an offer that beats their club record of 1.5M.
Also, that's not what they value him at - that's what they hope BHA value him at.

Spot on. I think a move back to Millwall would be good for both him and Millwall. They clearly rate him highly there. They are struggling without him this year.  He has plenty of time to make it in the premier league. 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Going to Preston on loan. Good move for him 
Very much sonice partnershipwithBrowne too hopefully o
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
Go move hopefully he really pushes on now.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:33pm
Good move 5 points off the playoffs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 57>
  Share Topic