Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 57>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I think there's still a player in there somewhere but he needs proper coaching, he needs to play to his strengths and lock down a position in the team. (I dont think box to box midfielder is actually a position) 

I do have doubts creeping in the more I see him play and fear he could be a mix of Glenn whelan and James mcclean. Not great on the ball and all piss and vinegar when we don't have it.

So you don't want him to be a regular starter for club and country? whose played 8+ years in the EPL and 90+ caps for his county whilst being an integral part of a team who qualified for 2 major tournaments.

If that's the case, what do you expect from him?

Edited by horsebox - 27 Nov 2021 at 11:42am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:53am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I think there's still a player in there somewhere but he needs proper coaching, he needs to play to his strengths and lock down a position in the team. (I dont think box to box midfielder is actually a position) 

I do have doubts creeping in the more I see him play and fear he could be a mix of Glenn whelan and James mcclean. Not great on the ball and all piss and vinegar when we don't have it.

So you don't want him to be a regular starter for club and country? whose played 8+ years in the EPL and 90+ caps for his county whilst being an integral part of a team who qualified for 2 major tournaments.

Be more like Conor Coventry. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

he’s defo not the answer to any of our questions but hopefully he’ll get a decent career out of football. Not a young lad anymore so the “learning” part doesn’t apply to him. He’ll be let go by Brighton at end of season, Albion are big audition for him and not going well so far. Zero attacking instinct & no where near good enough on ball or disciplined to be holding mf at international level.

One of the best Irish player write offs I have seen in a while. Christ. 
Molumby is going to be a very, very big player for us in the future. Kenny is no fool, he didnt call the lad up for no reason. There is a serious player there and hes only going to get better as he gets experience. Sure he made a mistake last night but if you listen to the West Brom fans they also rate him very highly.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Well the major tournaments you mentioned, we were the first team on the plane home with a single goal for our efforts and the second tournament whelan was sanctimoniousely dropped. 

I'm talking about 8+ years of crossing the ball and hitting the first defender more often than not. 8+ years of being a central midfielder but not wanting the ball. 8+ years in which the last 6 years have seen the biggest decline in irish football.

8÷ of mediocrity.... I'm hoping molumby can do better and I believe he can.

If Molumby can get anywhere near the level of what Whelan achieved - he'll have a good career.

I also don't see why McClean is mentioned other than you taking a sly dig at him. (Do you ever stop?)

The biggest critics are usually the ones sitting at home not attending the games. 

Edited by horsebox - 27 Nov 2021 at 12:44pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

he’s defo not the answer to any of our questions but hopefully he’ll get a decent career out of football. Not a young lad anymore so the “learning” part doesn’t apply to him. He’ll be let go by Brighton at end of season, Albion are big audition for him and not going well so far. Zero attacking instinct & no where near good enough on ball or disciplined to be holding mf at international level.

One of the best Irish player write offs I have seen in a while. Christ. 
Molumby is going to be a very, very big player for us in the future. Kenny is no fool, he didnt call the lad up for no reason. There is a serious player there and hes only going to get better as he gets experience. Sure he made a mistake last night but if you listen to the West Brom fans they also rate him very highly.
No chance, he's poor
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:00pm
Will he make Ireland squads next year? In an Ireland shirt he has been ok at best. If Kilkenny keeps playing well for Bournemouth he is surely getting a call up and it could be Molumby making way
It would damage this forums' reputation
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Will he make Ireland squads next year? In an Ireland shirt he has been ok at best. If Kilkenny keeps playing well for Bournemouth he is surely getting a call up and it could be Molumby making way

Different types of players, Molumby would be competing more with Cullen as more of 6 where as Kilkenny would be competing against Hendrick and Hourihane as more of an 8.

Our midfield bar Cullen and Knight is very weak at the moment though, Hendrick, Hourihane, Molumby, Arter, McCarthy, Coventry are all finding games very hard to come by and not overly impressing when they do get their chance.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Different types of players, Molumby would be competing more with Cullen as more of 6 where as Kilkenny would be competing against Hendrick and Hourihane as more of an 8.

Our midfield bar Cullen and Knight is very weak at the moment though, Hendrick, Hourihane, Molumby, Arter, McCarthy, Coventry are all finding games very hard to come by and not overly impressing when they do get their chance.
Kilkenny is not an 8 and he is not playing as an 8 for either Bournemouth or the U21s. Jesus do people watch games? He will be good cover for Cullen for the NL campaign!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:00pm
Yeah was thinking to myself it's surely the other way round. Kilkenny has been playing as a 6 for Bournemouth. Whether Molumby makes it as an 8 or a 6 he's been playing Hendrick's role for Ireland and started with Cullen at times.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:01pm
full game today which is positive. Anyone know how he played? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:06pm
Tweet from a West Brom reporter during the game:

CHANCE! Huge chance Albion! Molumby - who has been really good - feeds Robinson. He enters the box before working himself some space and firing inches wide... #wba
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Tweet from a West Brom reporter during the game:

CHANCE! Huge chance Albion! Molumby - who has been really good - feeds Robinson. He enters the box before working himself some space and firing inches wide... #wba
Thats good, a run of games hopefully, will help his development. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:57am
molumpy created a brilliant chance for one of the West Brom full backs tonight. the chance was wasted though. I think this is the same full back who is kept Gardener Hickman out of the team tonight.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:15am
He made an impact when he came on. Livermore didn't have a great game now but the manager seems to be hopelessly married to Livermore. Does feel as if Molumby is inching closer to starting with Mowatt in this side mind and as a side who are contenders for promotion that would be important for Molumby to eventually nail a regular spot down in a side at that level the next month or two. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He made an impact when he came on. Livermore didn't have a great game now but the manager seems to be hopelessly married to Livermore. Does feel as if Molumby is inching closer to starting with Mowatt in this side mind and as a side who are contenders for promotion that would be important for Molumby to eventually nail a regular spot down in a side at that level the next month or two. 

Ismaël has said before Livermore is his captain and starts when available.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 2:58pm
4 Irish players starting, 3 on the bench in the Derby v West Brom game.

Knight, Ebosele, Molumby and Robinson involved from the start.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 5:01pm
I watched the game from the 70th minute on. Ebosele got a standing ovation when he was subbed off. The few times I saw him on the ball he looked way off the pace, allowing himself to be closed down, or making a sloppy pass.
Molumby made space for himself and picked his pass, Taylor GH looked similarly decent when he came on for West Brom.
I saw Knight when the camera went in close when Derby were defending a corner, but I didn't see much of him in open play.
Robinson put some good crosses in.
Anyone know if Derby have a mathematical chance of staying up or are they for sure going down to division three?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 5:07pm
Mathematically they could stay up but realistically they haven't a hope. The drop to League 1 might be no harm for the likes of Watson and Cashin. Knight will move on, Ebosele might also.

Of course this is all assuming they come out of administration in one piece.

Edited by You Tell Me - 27 Dec 2021 at 5:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 57>
  Share Topic