You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:36pm
[QUOTE=kevin100]Mowatt is Ismaels key man no doubt. Aside from Mowatt O'Shea you could argue is next in the list you can already see by result's since he got injured they are worse off without him.

If Molumby is getting in that side it's for Livermore. WBA fans are mixed on Livermore. Molumby is tailor made for Ismael so I do hope he can have a good game now Saturday. They may struggle to go up indeed they will comfortably finish in the play offs though. Lack of quality outside the top 3 is fairly damning. 
[/QUOT
Yeah, it's a poor League this year, Coventry, QPR and Huddersfield all in the play off spots currently with over a quarter of the season gone!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:44pm
O'shea is a massive loss to them 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:52pm
They're a strong side at this level and I expect them to go up or come close. Their problem, as with Norwich, Watford and other yo-yo sides is that they don't bring in reinforcements at the requisite level when they do go up
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:17pm
Molumby looked the best of their midfielders tonight which is great considering this is his first start in the season. He will come on for that start and be an important player for them I reckon. The problem is that he might just be too good technically for this long ball West Brom team. Its a shame he wasnt in the Swansea team he would really shine there.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

They're a strong side at this level and I expect them to go up or come close. Their problem, as with Norwich, Watford and other yo-yo sides is that they don't bring in reinforcements at the requisite level when they do go up

Well 13 teams in the PL have serious financial backing. 14 if you include Southampton, who are also an established side at that level.

That realistically leaves 6 teams who could be in a relegation battle.

It's no surprise that the aforementioned teams go up and down.

I'm sure we'll eventually reach a stage where these teams find backers with questionable human rights records as well, though, with the way things are going.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Molumby looked the best of their midfielders tonight which is great considering this is his first start in the season. He will come on for that start and be an important player for them I reckon. The problem is that he might just be too good technically for this long ball West Brom team. Its a shame he wasnt in the Swansea team he would really shine there.

He must have had a good loan spell at Millwall, I didnt see much of him then, but he has never struck me as a composed passer of the ball. All action, kick anything that moves type midfielder as far as I can see. Not sure what others see in him to be honest. He was distinctly average last night, Livermore was much more involved imo. It was his first start of the season, so maybe ther's more to come, but there would need to be, otherwise he is not displacing Livermore and Mowatt.
Idah Dream!
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 6:40pm
Unfortunately Mulumby is not the answer to any if our problems. He has lots of energy but v limited ability. V poor last couple of games for us. Discarded by Brighton hopefully he can forge a career for himself in England but can’t see it happening at elite level. Defo not an international level player at the moment.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:00pm
good to see another game today. Young irish lads  starting to get game time in the e last few games, hopefully that will continue. Idah n connelly need moves for some games. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:00pm
West Brom two up at half time and Molumby's performance so far getting positive reviews all round. Clap
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:29pm
Good news on the midfield front for ireland, molumby looking set to find his feet and playing well with his new team.

Knight getting back to full fitness, albeit a slight knock kept him out today.

Kilkenny looks a really.good.player with arguably the best team in the championship. 

Cullen playing consistently for anderlect.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:37am
Drops to the bench with Livermore back from suspension.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Drops to the bench with Livermore back from suspension.

Needs a loan move Embarrassed
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 1:52pm
The general reaction on the bird app to Molumby not playing is fairly damning there fanbase have taken to Molumby anyways. I presume he will be off them bench shortly and will potentially play during the week too.

Irish boys are possibly better off not starting with the way it's gone.

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Oct 2021 at 1:52pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:03pm
Just came on.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:16pm
Pity Snodgrass didn't get a red for his challenge to go with his lovely assist for Fulham's second with the back pass.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 10:33pm
Utterly bizarre how Molumby was just cast to the bench again after playing well against Bristol. West Brom fans in general are aghast as to why he's not playing for them. Such a pity as I was thinking he could really kick on and stake a claim in the first 11 after that game. He was very good in it. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:38am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Utterly bizarre how Molumby was just cast to the bench again after playing well against Bristol. West Brom fans in general are aghast as to why he's not playing for them. Such a pity as I was thinking he could really kick on and stake a claim in the first 11 after that game. He was very good in it. 

Yeah, and they've gone with Livermore and Snodgrass aged 31 and 34 respectively in both games. Still relatively early in the season. Given the age profile of this pair and injury to the other player in his position (Mowatt) he has a chance. I agree though, it's a pity.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:59am
Thought we might have seen him starting last night after Snodgrass" performance against Fulham. Very lucky not to have been sent off and gifted Mitrovic his second with a poor back pass.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 57>
  Share Topic