You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Benched again tonight despite Mowatt absence, disappointing. CR7 starts however!

In fact, it looks like rumours of Mowatt's demise were incorrect as he is starting.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:00pm
I'd be shocked if he gets any consistent minutes at West Brom
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:28pm
On for the last 30mins.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:57pm
played very well.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:07pm
did his chances of getting a run no harm thats for sure.  Loks like mowatt was carrying an injury so likely to miss a few games this time.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

I'd be shocked if he gets any consistent minutes at West Brom

If they keep playing Mowatt into injuries then he will definitely get consistent minutes by default. 

He actually played very well tonight when he came on brought some real energy to a team lacking it. Hopefully he will start coming off the bench every week at worst and can push to break into the starting line up at best. Did his chances no harm tonight.

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Oct 2021 at 10:07pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:46pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:59pm
Changed the game tonight when he came on. Made a goal saving recovery at one end, then a nice decoy run to make the space for the winning goal at the other. Brought his usual energy and his passing was good. 

Still think he is underrated by Ireland fans who probably didn't watch much of him playing for Millwall, where he was excellent. Will hopefully force his way into the West Brom team as the season goes on. 

Robinson was probably a bit fatigued after the week he had but the lack of space for him to work in tonight maybe tells a story about the standard of defending we were playing against in the last week.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 3:07am
Robinson was probably a bit fatigued after the week he had but the lack of space for him to work in tonight maybe tells a story about the standard of defending we were playing against in the last week.

On the money. Qatar were very very poor. And the Azerbaijan goalkeeper was desperate.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:39am
If the first rule of work is turning up then Molumby passed the test, he showed good anticipation and put himself in good positions, got involved and made himself available for the ball.
He is physically strong and isn't intimidated. I'd say he's a player who's unlikely to go missing in games, but that's based on just a few viewings.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Changed the game tonight when he came on. Made a goal saving recovery at one end, then a nice decoy run to make the space for the winning goal at the other. Brought his usual energy and his passing was good. 

Still think he is underrated by Ireland fans who probably didn't watch much of him playing for Millwall, where he was excellent. Will hopefully force his way into the West Brom team as the season goes on. 

Might also be a reminder to those who think he can play as a #9 for Ireland. His best position is when he is allowed float around in a free role and find space for himself. He is not a player who enjoys playing with his back to goal.
Idah Dream!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:03am

Might also be a reminder to those who think he can play as a #9 for Ireland. His best position is when he is allowed float around in a free role and find space for himself. He is not a player who enjoys playing with his back to goal.
EH?
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:33am
That was clearly in reference to CR7 rather than Molumby. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

EH?

Aye, I was talking about Robinson and his ability to play as a #9. Ratings via Birmingham Live hereunder for Robinson and Molumby last night. Tbf I watched the game and Hogan was probably the best Irish player on the pitch (not that I want him back in the squad at this stage).

Robinson 4

No such luck in front of goal here for five-goal Robinson back on the domestic stage. Had one shot blocked but had no joy at all leading the line against the Blues back three and was hooked at the break for a more physical presence.

Molumby (for Mowatt 61) 7

A player the Albion fans will get to like. Was immediately in the heat of the action upon taking to the field and was buzzing around the place to retrieve the ball.

Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:18pm
Will he or won't he get a start tonight. Ismael said he's monitoring Mowatt closely. Hopefully Molumby can get his first start it would be well deserved after Fridays cameo.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:31pm
He'd surely have to get a start tonight. West Brom would be foolish to throw Mowatt in from the start again and risk him picking up an injury. Not that I'd be complaining as would mean a lot more minutes for Molumby.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

He'd surely have to get a start tonight. West Brom would be foolish to throw Mowatt in from the start again and risk him picking up an injury. Not that I'd be complaining as would mean a lot more minutes for Molumby.

One way or another, he needs minutes over the next 4 weeks, if he wants to make the squad for November.
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

One way or another, he needs minutes over the next 4 weeks, if he wants to make the squad for November.

I don't think there's any danger he misses out regardless how how many minutes he gets (though of he hopefully gets a good run). We're not stacked in that department. His main competition is Hendrick & he isn't playing much either.

He wasn't included last time because he was suspended (same as Browne).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 57>
  Share Topic