You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 57>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:07pm
I assume too late to have him registered in time for tomorrow? Be great if he got a run out before the international window!
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Valerien Ismael is effusive in his praise of him anyway: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40368311.html.

Molumby and his blood and thunder style will go down well with Ismael. This is great all round. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:27pm
Great move for him really, challenging top of the championship, hopefully he can nail down a starting place 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:32pm
Great move for him 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:44pm
Having oshea, Robinson and molumby in the same team can only be good for ireland.

This is a great move for molumby, I think hes got the equipment to do well there and who knows how well it'll actually go. He might be playing in the epl next year... OK, I'm getting ahead of myself here.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 11:01pm
Delighted to hear this. Clap

He does foul a bit too much but he's decent on the ball and looks a good passer. Hope he gets a decent amount of games. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 3:35am
Very good move for him.

Moving to a team likely to be challenging for promotion is a step-up from is previous loan moves.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 6:45am
Cracking move for Jason hopefully he'll get plenty of game time.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 9:50am
Brilliant move. Hope he gets a good run.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 9:50am
Hopefully Robinson doesn't give him Covid to keep him out of the October or November internationals.
The dark side.. And the light
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:54am
I think the ball is in molumby's court, to use a different sports metaphor.

If he gets his head down and is focused, does everything the manager asks there's every chance he'll do well. 

Hes got a few years of experience now, did well at Millwall and got a knock back at Preston. 

West brom are in a strong position to go up and molumby could do what Ben white did at Leeds.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I think the ball is in molumby's court, to use a different sports metaphor.

If he gets his head down and is focused, does everything the manager asks there's every chance he'll do well. 

Hes got a few years of experience now, did well at Millwall and got a knock back at Preston. 

West brom are in a strong position to go up and molumby could do what Ben white did at Leeds.

What I like about this loan is that if you were designing a CM for Ismael's football it would be Molumby it looks like this is very much a player the manager identified as suited to his style! You see how Molumby endeared himself at Millwall and I think going back there last year would have suited him! 

Preston it was just a basket case of a club last season you could forgive anyone being in an out that team last year especially a loan player! 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
Not having a great time at West Brom so far, going to be very tough to break into that midfield.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 11:36pm
2 more west brom games between now and the internationals and Molumby hasn't looked like getting on yet.

I can't remember the last time be actually played 90 mins.

Wonder if Kenny will select him this time round.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

2 more west brom games between now and the internationals and Molumby hasn't looked like getting on yet.

I can't remember the last time be actually played 90 mins.

Wonder if Kenny will select him this time round.

Possibly not if McCarthy is to come back in, Knight will also be back and Arter is also getting minutes having got his move.

Then again Hendrick has played f**k all and will still be called up.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 1:15am
I'd say he'll still make the squad. He will get a chance at some point for West Brom, the Championship is a long season and he's next in line for a CM position in the squad. He'll need to grab it when it comes along though.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 10:25am
molumby is a good player but he’s liable to be sent off in every game as he plays right on the edge.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Molumby should study John McGinn's performance in Villa's defeat of Man United yesterday. Box-to-box, good control, passing and aggression. Terrific player. It's a role to which Molumby could aspire in a limited way. Currently, he deserves to be nowhere near the Irish squad - no club football this year, no pre-season, unwanted at Brighton, squad filler at so-so Preston and now a hopeful bench-warmer at WBA. He's only 21 (etc) but he has it all to do. 

He should be nowhere near the Irish squad currently? Do you think we should pick a smaller squad than permitted so? Because there is not a long list of players that should be making it ahead of him. If you look at the last squad, there are plenty of lads in there that wouldn't have made a squad when we were stronger. At least Molumby is a pick for the future and you'll get endeavour. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 57>
  Share Topic