You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 57>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:12pm
Someone mentioned in another thread starting Molumby for a bit of bite and energy in midfield v Portugal.
Now I'm a fan but should we be even calling lads into squads who haven't kicked a ball in anger in months?

I'd have question marks over his place in the squad, let alone the team.  Along with Hourihane and Brady.

Having said that, who'd even replace them...
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Molumby starting for the brighton u23s which is a compete waste of time for him, u23s are just fitness exercises. Non competitive.

The window shuts in less than a week and a half. Hes not going to be match fit for the upcoming games.

Hrndrick, hourihane, Brady all in the same boat.

Which is it? LOL

To compete in competitive games at the highest level, players need to be envolved in competitive games. That what I mean about match fitness

It's not just about jogging around the pitch which is all the u23s games are.

Edited by Left foot - 20 Aug 2021 at 7:15pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:18pm
You were creaming your togs not so long about about 'Molly' LOL and now you've moved onto Kilkenny, if he plays for Ireland you'll soon discard him and move into Coventry!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You were creaming your togs not so long about about 'Molly' LOL and now you've moved onto Kilkenny, if he plays for Ireland you'll soon discard him and move into Coventry!

What are you talking about? I'm a massive fan of Molly and just really annoyed hes been left in the cold at Brighton. 

I'm also annoyed he hasn't gone on loan yet and he's missing games.

It's a big loss if he's not going to be available for the ireland games due to not playing.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Sure people are acting like Josh Cullen is going to be answer to all our problems because he was, admittedly, good in a couple of friendly games against atrocious teams.

For the record, I haven't been madly impressed by Knight or Molumby either.

For all Hendrick and Hourihane's issues, I don't think our problems are solved simply by replacing them with other similarly limited players.

Admittedly, Knight has shown flashes and has time on his side; Molumby will probably have a similar enough career to Harry Arter, who shares his uncontrolled energy.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:55pm
Picture of In the Name of the Father

Molumby is sh*t Mr. Dixon

1993 – In the Name of the Father – Academy Award Best Picture Winners

They're all sh*t Mrs. Pierce

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 1:45pm
West Brom reported to be in for him.

That would be a great move for him, and midfield is their weakness at the moment.

Edit - looks like this could be a goer, multiple sources at both ends now. Season long loan deal.

Edited by You Tell Me - 27 Aug 2021 at 1:49pm
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

West Brom reported to be in for him.

That would be a great move for him, and midfield is their weakness at the moment.

Edit - looks like this could be a goer, multiple sources at both ends now. Season long loan deal.

Brilliant move if comes through, great to have two other Irish lads there too.

Hope he can break into the team and push on, certainly has the talent.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:10pm
I think he would be back up there. Will do well to be starting i would say.
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think he would be back up there. Will do well to be starting i would say.

He will have a good chance there, they're very light in central midfield and Ismail's approach is quite attritional. He'll fit right in.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:35pm
Deal done, jayson joins west brom on loan for season
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Deal done, jayson joins west brom on loan for season
Needs a big season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:45pm
Season long loan "with a view to a permanent deal". Interesting.

It seems like an ideal move for him. He'll be one of three senior central midfielders fighting for two places every week, but in a setup that is all about a high intensity, attritional pressing game. He is unlikely to start every week but I'd expect him to get a lot of game time in a system that should suit his strengths perfectly.

Hopefully this is the move that finally properly kick starts his club career.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:54pm
Three senior internationals at a club managed by a foreigner with a burgeoning reputation who are expected to be in the running for automatic promotion. Nice.

Not often you see an Irish-born player's signature being pursued by a continental manager at a PL or Championship club, which also makes this refreshing; the vast majority of our players at that level are signed by British managers.

Hopefully he builds on the Millwall loan and does enough to make this move permanent.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:55pm

It seems like an ideal move for him. He'll be one of three senior central midfielders fighting for two places every week, but in a setup that is all about a high intensity, attritional pressing game. He is unlikely to start every week but I'd expect him to get a lot of game time in a system that should suit his strengths perfectly.

Very much so. If he gets stuck in and has a season like he did at Millwall 2 years ago and earns a permanent move off the back of it would be the ideal move for everyone. He has no future at Brighton as long as Potter is there.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm
Saw him last Monday in Brighton’s u 23 game and even though it was just a PL2 match I was very impressed with his overall  game . Seen him play in their u 23s before and he always looked so disinterested but maybe West Brom we’re watching him in this one as he looked very motivated. West Brom could be a great move for him. I still believe he will be a really good player in the future despite the PNE move not working out last year . He should be ideal for the new WBA managers game plan 

Edited by Liam Green - 27 Aug 2021 at 10:02pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Very much so. If he gets stuck in and has a season like he did at Millwall 2 years ago and earns a permanent move off the back of it would be the ideal move for everyone. He has no future at Brighton as long as Potter is there.

Potter has been alright for us. He gave Aaron Connolly a chance, which is something that never would've happened under Hughton in a million years. He was big enough to bring Shane Duffy back into the side despite a horrific loan spell at Celtic after a strong preseason. He's handed Evan Ferguson and Andrew Moran their senior debuts.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:05pm
Valerien Ismael is effusive in his praise of him anyway: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40368311.html.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 57>
  Share Topic