You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:32pm
Off injured.
Sponsored Links

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Off injured.

Off with cramp**
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
Sounds like he had a really good game. I still think the amount of ground covered by both Molumby and Knight box to box makes them potentially great future options for us in midfield. Maybe even as soon as March with a sitting midfielder in behind them protecting the back 4.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Sounds like he had a really good game. I still think the amount of ground covered by both Molumby and Knight box to box makes them potentially great future options for us in midfield. Maybe even as soon as March with a sitting midfielder in behind them protecting the back 4.

I'd play em both with Cullen/McCarthy in behind.
Have to look to the future and bring more energy and forward passing to our midfield.

But Kenny will play Hendrick 100% and possibly stick with Hourihane if he's back playing.
Seems the safer option and I fear he will opt for safety.  
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 11:02pm
Great to see Molumby getting plenty of praise for his performance tonight. His performances in the nations league for us showed he can certainly do a job in the middle of the park and offer a lot. Would love to see a three of him, Knight and McCarthy or Cullen. Preferably McCarthy for throat extra bit of experience especially if he gets a run of games for Palace between now and March.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:35pm
Seems to be playing an advanced midfield role today v Reading.
Another start is good news.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:31pm
By the sounds of it he is having another really good game.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:36pm
Not really.
I watched the second half and he didn't see much of the ball, he got booked and gave the ball away cheaply before being subbed.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Played well against a good team.
Went off after 80 mins.
Pushed up a lot, applying pressure and then brings tempo when he has the ball with good forward-passing.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:45pm
Feel hes more a holding midfielder, that's where he's played for Millwall last year and did very well. Thats also where he's played for Brighton.

When I've seen him play he's really good at receiving the ball from defence and either passing forward or carrying it up the field.

I think knight or smallbone are better suited in the more advanced role as the have the through ball, shot and finish that I dont think is Molumbys strength
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Played well against a good team.
Went off after 80 mins.
Pushed up a lot, applying pressure and then brings tempo when he has the ball with good forward-passing.

He was good in the first half and just ok in 2nd half. Showed some good touches on the ball and tackled well in the first half . A run of games would do him good. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Feel hes more a holding midfielder, that's where he's played for Millwall last year and did very well. Thats also where he's played for Brighton.

When I've seen him play he's really good at receiving the ball from defence and either passing forward or carrying it up the field.

I think knight or smallbone are better suited in the more advanced role as the have the through ball, shot and finish that I dont think is Molumbys strength

Think he could be a good box to box midfielder as he can pick a pass too. He has all the qualities of a ball playing holding midfielder and has a decent engine too his tackling would need work as it can be reckless mind. 

Was very good for Preston against Birmingham last week watched it and he was a cut above. At the very worst he’s going to be a top level Championship player but I’d be shocked if he isn’t playing top flight football in a few years time and for most of his life afterwards with a bit of luck/natural progression.

He’s getting game time for Preston now which is great and let’s just hope he stays fit now and gets a run of games. The way we have got injuries that mightn’t be a guarantee either 😂

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Jan 2021 at 4:02pm
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:58pm
He played well but ran out of steam a bit in second half, not suprising considering how little football he has played in last couple of months.

Have a look at replies to this to guage what Preston fans are making of him so far:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jay_molumby15/status/1353364419322007553

Impressive to go straight into championship level football, against some of the better sides, and make an impact.  

As an aside, from the championship sides ive seen so far Millwall are by far the worst, im suprised thet are as high up the table as they are.  Parrott hasn't performed but little platform for him to perform there.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:40pm
Molumby for me will be a Premier League regular before long. If not next season then certainly the season after. The only concern I would have is that he has already had one very serious injury in his career. It would be concerning if he was to have a repeat of that injury.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:55pm
From an objective statistical point of view, Sofascore has him as close to Prestons top performer in both games he has played with them so far. Alan Browne also
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm
He was a clear standout against Birmingham from what I see. He will get gametime now. at the age hes at he needs it to keep learning his craft and Preston is a decent club sort of club that suits him. Let’s see if he can help them push on up the table now too. 

That serious injury is an important point actually hopefully a reoccurrence of that doesnt happen. Would always be a concern. It certainly hasn’t affected the lads bottle thats for sure.

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Jan 2021 at 9:32pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:26am
He actually played in the FA cup match too though on his debut and was fairly poor
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
I saw the first half yesterday ( only saw a bit of the second)
I taught he was good liked to see him in more forward role showed a nice turn in the box and created a chance from it.
He is very energetic and fly’s into to things.
The fact he is playing is great  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 57>
  Share Topic