You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 57>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 1:52pm
Yeah, that’s what I read. Browne still hasn’t agreed a contract so there is a chance they could look to get a fee for him this window
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Only if Browne is sold or dropped because he won't sign a new contract. Browne is a free agent this summer.

It does reduce the chances of Adam O'Reilly breaking through though. His career seems to have stalled there after making the first team bench at 16.

He's on loan at Stalybridge Celtic, no less.
Interesting to see where Browne ends up next season.

O'Reilly is at Preston and has been on the bench for the last few games. Molumby coming in pushes him down the pecking order though.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 2:57pm
Sorry lads yep, O'Reilly back, my bad.
Interesting to see where Browne goes.
Paddiad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 4:20pm
Alex Neill said they wanted Molumby on a permanent deal but Brighton would only allow a loan. Perhaps they do see a future for him at Brighton 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
It took Ben White until he was 23 and three loan moves to make it at Brighton so still plenty of time for Molumby there. For now he just needs to do what he did last year, get regular game time in the Championship and be a standout player for his club.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:54pm
PNE initially wanting him on a permanent deal is encouraging as it would indicate that he's not being brought in to sit on the bench.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 6:14pm
I reckon one of their midfielders is moving. Browne, Johnson and Pearson are all wanted by other clubs and are in the last year of their contracts, I believe.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:51pm
with first team football absolutely guaranteed by a millwall move I think we can be confident that JM’s move will come with starting an expectation...Browne regular Captain at the club and used in a variety of positions...I expect them both to play...fingers crossed.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 1:34pm
 https://twitter.com/gorn__/status/1346764069827715073?s=21
Very good insight to different aspects of Molumbys game
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:31pm
Wow, straight into the starting lineup Clap
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:34pm

They are playing a second choice 11, and getting trounced by Wycombe. Not exactly saying much. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:46pm
Just giving him a run out with the second 11 to help him with match sharpness since he hasn't been playing much I'd say. I'd expect him to be a first team regular from the off though.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

They are playing a second choice 11, and getting trounced by Wycombe. Not exactly saying much. 

Wouldn't read too much into it. Preston don't care a jot about the cup.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 11:27pm
I notice that Preston are signing another midfielder, Ben Whiteman of Doncaster.

Perhaps a sign that Alan Browne may be off if not in this transfer window then the summer as a free agent.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:51pm
Molumby and browne in the same team tonight... hopefully this will become commonplace 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:09pm
Browne covering right back isn't ideal - but I'd rather see him at right back than see Molumby shoved out there.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:10pm
Assist for Molumby 

"61. Superb counter attack from Preston, brilliant from Molumby in the build up who links up well with sinclair. 
Perfectly weighted pass the the leading scorer "Wink

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 57>
  Share Topic